Droid Bionic ICS update now available to everyone
0. phoneArena 23 Oct 2012, 09:33 posted on
Getting uncomfortably close to the one year anniversary of Android 4.0 being announced, the update is finally available to Bionic owners everywhere...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jesusLTEchrist (Posts: 11; Member since: 21 May 2010)
What's left besides the Thunderbolt? Its almost as if they want people with phones this old to want a newer one....
11. techytechtech (banned) (Posts: 33; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
my friend its a business strategy.
apple makes them and presents them in a way where people have to buy it eventually out of temptation and the coolness factor
for android its simply this. give them 2 software updates after that dont give em any. and that is why people will go buy new droid phones because how bad the updates are. these are just simply facts.
but then again you have custom roms available. so root and mod till you can.death before dishonor to a droid phone
2. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 8963; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Motorola is way too slow with how they update their phones.
3. jaabubby (Posts: 38; Member since: 16 Jan 2010)
My Bionic is extremely laggy when performing basic operations. The 3G/4G connection does not immediately enable when it originally boots. Toggling Airplane Mode does correct the problem, but it is still struggling to connect to the network. I am about to do a factory reset. I had to do the same thing when I upgraded to Gingerbread. Make sure you backup all your data first!
4. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
So motorola give ICS to BIONIC owners instead of us ATRIX/PHONTON Q owners and soon they would say THAT JELLYBEAN doesn't have enough memory
5. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 472; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Thats what happens when you dont buy a nexus
6. bubbadoes (Posts: 728; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Talk about timely updates. Phone is a year old and was supposed to be "flagship"--model--1GHZ dual core, with 1 gig of RAM, with stock Gingerbread...and now here comes ICS with it's timely update schedule--phone is now discontinued on Verizon. Good job Verizon and Motorola--that is why I don't believe anything you say anymore with your update schedule...You all will always keep customer's chasing phones and updates
9. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
It hasn't been the flagship for nearly a year, what are you on about? Anyone who really cared flashed an ICS leak months ago, but I guess that doesn't figure into the equation when you just wanna complain.
7. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
And yet we complain about Samsung not releasing JB fast enough.
10. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
That's awesome! I loved my BIONIC and it is a good phone.
12. kingjr243 (Posts: 31; Member since: 06 Jun 2011)
Some of the apps on my phone keep crashing since the update my email doesn't work anymore and I'm using up alot of ram but there isn't that many apps running