Driving while using your cell phone increases risk of crashing
0. phoneArena 09 Jul 2011, 21:06 posted on
While it sounds obvious, a study from the Governor’s Highway Safety Association shows a connection between cell phone use while driving and accidents; the tests also show that hands-free technology does not necessarily lessen the risk of a crash...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. iSheepHunter (Posts: 55; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
Governement needs to stop focusing on this unenforcable law. They need to focus on other subjects like, I don't know, *** marriage, or weed , or THE ECONOMY or something. Something actuallt enforcable :P
I would gladly say "Go ahead, risk your own life and use your phone while driving. That's your business."
But the point is you aren't just risking your own life. You risk eveyone else's on the road.
You can wait till you get to a red light. lol
4. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
lol weed, *** marriage or the economy are either unenforceable or things that the government shouldn't manage.
6. iSheepHunter (Posts: 55; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
If they the laws on it were in my opinion then they would be enforcable.
By enforcable I meant allowed for *** marriage and weed. lol. Because the could enforce the allowance of it. lol
Phonearena blocks the word g a y? wtf?
I do agree government shouldn't control either one. They should both just be allowed.One day they both will be. lol
11. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
Then they wouldn't enforce it. That's like saying the government enforces your right to walk down the street.
13. iSheepHunter (Posts: 55; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
They enforce your right to walk down the street and not be arrested, is what I'm saying.
2. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
This again? We get it, don't text and drive.
3. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Anyone with common sense could've easily deduced this.
5. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
first post i agree with you MIZ. Although your photo is still pretty homoerotic
8. Synack (Posts: 677; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Wow PhoneArena. Did you come up with this all by yourself?
10. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
No i think it was the Governor’s Highway Safety Association. Second line check it out
9. bossmt_2 (Posts: 449; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
In other news, getting kicked in the nuts really hurts.
12. StreetNerd (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
no s**t sherlock why posting this article.... 5year old news.....
14. ayephoner (Posts: 850; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
its a new study. albeit, with nearly all established info, but the news is that our government is still spending money on these studies and on legislation. this study shows that such legislation does nothing.
distracted driving is certainly not a new thing. we should stop wasting money on it.
18. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
In other news:
The sky is blue.
Reagan was the greatest president ever.
Google is a search engine.
Isn't learning fun?
22. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
"Reagan was the greatest president ever.".... in other news The_Miz finally said something correct. xD
19. Fred (unregistered)
All you forum flamers are missing one critical point....it obviously NEEDS to be repeated because there are millions of idiots still doing it.
Please, stop and thing before you post.
21. iamblarr (unregistered)
It's just getting thumbs up because it's funny, the people making those jokes are probably the smart drivers who are sick of hearing about s**t they don't even do.
Whenever my dad gives me a ride somewhere I take his phone before we get in the car, for like a year he would ALWAYS text/call someone in the car, he got like 3 tickets(that I know of) and kept doing it, now I just take his phone and tell him "You have 2 choices, I can read your texts for you or you can wait until you're out of the car".
20. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
key word..:idiots".. I am not an idiot.. (my mom says) so I dont have to worry then.. : p