Driving while using your cell phone increases risk of crashing
0. phoneArena posted on 09 Jul 2011, 21:06
While it sounds obvious, a study from the Governor’s Highway Safety Association shows a connection between cell phone use while driving and accidents; the tests also show that hands-free technology does not necessarily lessen the risk of a crash...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. iSheepHunter posted on 09 Jul 2011, 21:13 0 0
Governement needs to stop focusing on this unenforcable law. They need to focus on other subjects like, I don't know, *** marriage, or weed , or THE ECONOMY or something. Something actuallt enforcable :P
I would gladly say "Go ahead, risk your own life and use your phone while driving. That's your business."
But the point is you aren't just risking your own life. You risk eveyone else's on the road.
You can wait till you get to a red light. lol
4. vvelez5 posted on 09 Jul 2011, 22:11 2 0
lol weed, *** marriage or the economy are either unenforceable or things that the government shouldn't manage.
6. iSheepHunter posted on 09 Jul 2011, 22:22 1 1
If they the laws on it were in my opinion then they would be enforcable.
By enforcable I meant allowed for *** marriage and weed. lol. Because the could enforce the allowance of it. lol
Phonearena blocks the word g a y? wtf?
I do agree government shouldn't control either one. They should both just be allowed.One day they both will be. lol
7. iSheepHunter posted on 09 Jul 2011, 22:28 1 1
unless you space :P
11. vvelez5 posted on 09 Jul 2011, 23:15 0 0
Then they wouldn't enforce it. That's like saying the government enforces your right to walk down the street.
13. iSheepHunter posted on 10 Jul 2011, 08:09 0 0
They enforce your right to walk down the street and not be arrested, is what I'm saying.
16. vvelez5 posted on 10 Jul 2011, 15:21 1 0
how does that make sense?
2. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 09 Jul 2011, 21:24 2 0
This again? We get it, don't text and drive.
3. The_Miz posted on 09 Jul 2011, 21:49 1 0
Anyone with common sense could've easily deduced this.
5. vvelez5 posted on 09 Jul 2011, 22:12 2 0
first post i agree with you MIZ. Although your photo is still pretty homoerotic
8. Synack posted on 09 Jul 2011, 23:07 1 1
Wow PhoneArena. Did you come up with this all by yourself?
10. vvelez5 posted on 09 Jul 2011, 23:13 1 1
No i think it was the Governor’s Highway Safety Association. Second line check it out
9. bossmt_2 posted on 09 Jul 2011, 23:12 4 1
In other news, getting kicked in the nuts really hurts.
12. StreetNerd posted on 10 Jul 2011, 05:38 0 0
no s**t sherlock why posting this article.... 5year old news.....
14. ayephoner posted on 10 Jul 2011, 08:24 0 0
its a new study. albeit, with nearly all established info, but the news is that our government is still spending money on these studies and on legislation. this study shows that such legislation does nothing.
distracted driving is certainly not a new thing. we should stop wasting money on it.
18. The_Miz posted on 11 Jul 2011, 00:14 1 1
In other news:
The sky is blue.
Reagan was the greatest president ever.
Google is a search engine.
Isn't learning fun?
22. luis_lopez_351 posted on 12 Jul 2011, 17:12 0 0
"Reagan was the greatest president ever.".... in other news The_Miz finally said something correct. xD
19. Fred (unregistered) posted on 11 Jul 2011, 07:54 0 0
All you forum flamers are missing one critical point....it obviously NEEDS to be repeated because there are millions of idiots still doing it.
Please, stop and thing before you post.
21. iamblarr (unregistered) posted on 11 Jul 2011, 21:39 0 0
It's just getting thumbs up because it's funny, the people making those jokes are probably the smart drivers who are sick of hearing about s**t they don't even do.
Whenever my dad gives me a ride somewhere I take his phone before we get in the car, for like a year he would ALWAYS text/call someone in the car, he got like 3 tickets(that I know of) and kept doing it, now I just take his phone and tell him "You have 2 choices, I can read your texts for you or you can wait until you're out of the car".
20. gallitoking posted on 11 Jul 2011, 15:38 0 0
key word..:idiots".. I am not an idiot.. (my mom says) so I dont have to worry then.. : p