Double standard alert: Visa and Mastercard to charge wallet apps
0. phoneArena 20 Mar 2013, 19:51 posted on
Mobile payments are a nice dream, and there are a number of different solutions that are trying to become the standard. But, many of the options share the same problem: they have to go through existing payment systems like Visa and Mastercard. And now, Visa and Mastercard want to start charging wallet apps to play middle-man...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. 3SM.. (unregistered)
"It's totally appropriate?" More like "We just want more $$$$, that's all."
2. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
One thing for sure ... PA has good graphic artists.
3. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
We can't take credit there. We're just good with Google Image Search really.
4. wando77 (Posts: 726; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
EBay who has now upped there charges to 10% of the final sale plus 3.4% to PayPal has the cheek to complain about this?!?!
8. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
They'll use it as an excuse to charge us more, of course.
5. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Everybody is nothing but greedy .........
6. jsdechavez (Posts: 713; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
And in the end, the customers (US) will be charged additional, right?
7. 3SM.. (unregistered)