Don't like the Samsung Galaxy S5's My Magazine? Here's how to disable it
The process is simple, and if you want it to be, My Magazine could be out of your hair within minutes if not seconds. First thing you need to do to cancel this magazine subscription is to launch the settings application on your Galaxy S5. Scroll all the way down and under the Applications setting, tap on Application Manager. Swipe to the All section, scroll down to the "M's" and click on My Magazine. Click on Turn Off, and then confirm your actions by tapping on Ok.
All you need to do to bring back My Magazine is repeat the process and you'll be given the option to turn on the feature. Now that wasn't too hard, was it?
How to disable My Magazine on your Samsung Galaxy S5
1. To remove My Magazine, go to setting and Application Manager
2. Go to My Magazine and turn off the feature
1. shuaibhere (Posts: 1428; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
PA is posting inch by inch article about s5 UI....
11. MarkArigayo (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Lol. Tomorrow PA will post an article how to uninstall downloaded apps on S5.
2. irbaaz (Posts: 52; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
Root your phone and delete it even , I don't care about your spam alike article......
3. SleepingOz (unregistered)
You had the freedom to ignore it yet you cared enough to open it and post a comment.
8. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 844; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
This article is for those iboys that desided to jump on the Samsung's boat , because of the great S5 .
They liked, (and brag about) the simplicity of the icrap they used to have. They don't like the brain pressure.
So shut up.
4. maherk (Posts: 902; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
don't click on the damn article if it bothers you or doesn't interest you, it is as simple as that
5. fireblade (Posts: 694; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Just give us stock android 4.4.2. We don't give a f**k to bloatware
9. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 844; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Do not you worry, iboy . It will be Google Edition , too.
It was for S4 Google Edition(stock android) and 5-6 ppl already bought it.
The millions enjoy the great functionallity of TW and feel happy.
23. true1984 (Posts: 589; Member since: 23 May 2012)
some people dont like touchwiz, just like some dont like sense, or the have no need for the features in touchwiz
6. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5596; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
or you can just long press the home screen > home screen settings > uncheck "My Magizine"...
10. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 844; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
They mean not to run(if) in background in vain.
13. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5596; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
My Magazine is really negligible when it comes to using system resources. it's just a gussied up app launcher. it depends on other apps for it's functionality. i turned it off on my S5 via the homescreen settings on day one and it hasn't run at all. the file itself is only 108KB and even if it were something more you know this thing is powered by a Snapdragon 801 with 2GB of RAM right?
16. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You got a S5? Welcome to the club! ;)
19. mamadathu (Posts: 39; Member since: 01 Mar 2014)
which one is better gs5 or htc one??? i am confused of the reviews.I wanted to buy a new mobile i prefer samsung but seeing all the comments on gs5 maked me confused
22. true1984 (Posts: 589; Member since: 23 May 2012)
it depends the s5 has a better, camera, screen, and a lot of different features. the m8 has a more streamlined ui, great battery life, and awesome speakers. i suggest playing with them in person first since you have a chance to play with them before you make you decision.
7. Taters (Posts: 2960; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Samsung is always a couple of steps ahead of HTC and seems like they always will be.
14. skyline88 (Posts: 317; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
not sure how many steps are exactly consider as couple of steps, or how many more brainless naive Horrible-Talking-Company-fans keep on bashing for the sake of bashing, but at least my Samsung does not have any ugly thick bezel, hopeless camera with endless gimmicks (UltraMyFoot), and complicated UI supposedly inspired by Windows but failed miserably.
21. true1984 (Posts: 589; Member since: 23 May 2012)
you should use the phone before yo say stupid things...
20. true1984 (Posts: 589; Member since: 23 May 2012)
how? this feature was already on the htc one and it was implemented better
12. Scorpion (Posts: 83; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
Ahm... actually there is amuch easier way. Zoom out on the home screen - select home screen settings (to the right of the widgets) and you a have a switch right there. You can change the home screen animation there too.
15. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3022; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Samsung should pay people to use stuff like "My Magazine". All MM is is a wrapper around Flipboard so Samsung can mine what people read and sell their reading habits to governments, intelligence agencies, advertising companies, and other large data buyers.
To their credit, Samsung at least allows people to turn off this wretched junk. On my Note 3, I had to install new launcher to get rid of this garbage. On the Note 3, MM was also hardwired to double press of the home button.