Don't expect the HTC One in the U.S. until late April
0. phoneArena 22 Mar 2013, 12:37 posted on
HTC has completely squandered the head start it had over Samsung in the U.S. as the Taiwan based company has announced that the HTC One won't reach North America until the end of next month, around the same time that the Samsung Galaxy S 4 is expected to launch in the United States; the HTC One will debut next week in the UK, Germany and Taiwan...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh come on HTC, can you release the beast already?
26. Rydsmith (Posts: 533; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
This literally lost my sale. I was waiting for this phone and was even going to buy it out of contract. But because of the delays, I bought an LG Optimus G for $350 off eBay.
Yeah it's not as strong, but it's only a tidbit less than this phone. Still a quadcore, 2GB of RAM, gorgeous and great screen, etc... (oh and expandable memory).
27. amats69 (Posts: 1461; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
oh well good..but dont worry theres still lots of people waiting for the ONE..so just enjoy your new LG phone while were waiting for our beast to come :)
31. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh, HTC just lost a customer, oh well..... Oh and by the way, enjoy your Optimus G, it is also an awesome phone!
67. jewilliams500 (Posts: 16; Member since: 22 Oct 2012)
Wait just a Damn minute! This same thing happened with the S3 and no one was trippin'! If your mind was changed that fast then all that shows is y'all only purchase these devices based on popularity and not on what the phone is capable of and how it can benefit your specific wants and needs.
77. 007akshay (Posts: 37; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
yeah same for me im buyin s4 in india which is gone release on 1st week of april while htc 1 on may 1st week so who can wait dat long for only a premium design n low battery............
37. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Rydsmith is just the beginning of the lost sales. All Sammy has to do now is keep up the leaking of information about the S4. Expect to see a review up on PA before too long.
Such potential. That just got squandered. Oh well.
51. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Every HTC I have owned so far has been junk so you might be the one that needs a reality check.
74. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
thats funny cuz every samsung Ive owned has been junk. Ive owned the Nexus One, Nexus S, and Galaxy Nexus. The only one that was real quality was the original Nexus by HTC
I will take my chances with HTC their track record is proven.
21. amats69 (Posts: 1461; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
heres your candy...dont cry please... LMAO
3. McJobs (Posts: 107; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
thin glossy plastic at that price point is unacceptable. Waiting for HTC One.
16. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
wwoww very good next mounth in uk..!!
i want one and it dont matter when it release even 2 or 3 mounth next.
i still do a lot with my one x..
love u HTC.
38. Lboogey6 (Posts: 281; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
dude ...... when was a metal phone needed? i mean im not a huge optimus g fan but ... you an anyone else screaming for a metal phone are really just being ridiculous...no one has yet to show plastic phones broken as if its a mass issue across the world the one will be a neat phone minus being sealed and havnig htcs past battery issues enjoy swapping your whole device
52. kozza3 (Posts: 700; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
i think its more of a "i know it uses premium material so i feel better paying $$$"
4. eliasafram7 (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
always before you make something look if u have the enough materials
61. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1718; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Agreed it's only delayed about a month, idk why everyone is freaking out like it will destroy HTC. Wishful thinking for you haters.
8. Kreft (Posts: 84; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
I think I'll wait to see what Motorola is cooking anyway.
9. b1acktiger (Posts: 223; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Waiting until April last.! Dreaming about the ONE and only.
10. johnriii (Posts: 238; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I'm with verizon, and somehow, I'm glad we aren't getting the HTC One. HTC had the opportunity to TRY and make up ground against Samsung, and they blew it. with the release of the S4, Sammy will have 3 top tier smartphones on the market, selling like mad. I'm sure the S3 is going to get another boost in sales when it drops in price across the board (it's $99.99 on amazon wireless right now). I've had three HTC phones, and in 4 months, their won't be a 4th. Sammy is getting my money, be it the S3, S4, or the Note 2. good luck recovering from this latest SNAFU, HTC...
11. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
you need pay more than $$$$ for a beauty (not my opinion) phone.
quote "time is money"
13. dicemoney (Posts: 58; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
Thats even better for me now I get to try the s4 and HTC one side by side in the store and see which one I like best HTC don't need to be scared of Samsung all they have to do is advertise their product and let the customers decide what's better suits them and from what I see the HTC one looks like the better phone
14. 7ceez (Posts: 26; Member since: 08 Sep 2011)
Boo....fail HTC...get your isht together man...their whole "One" line of thinking is cursed.