Don't expect the HTC One in the U.S. until late April
0. phoneArena 22 Mar 2013, 12:37 posted on
HTC has completely squandered the head start it had over Samsung in the U.S. as the Taiwan based company has announced that the HTC One won't reach North America until the end of next month, around the same time that the Samsung Galaxy S 4 is expected to launch in the United States; the HTC One will debut next week in the UK, Germany and Taiwan...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh come on HTC, can you release the beast already?
26. Rydsmith (Posts: 325; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
This literally lost my sale. I was waiting for this phone and was even going to buy it out of contract. But because of the delays, I bought an LG Optimus G for $350 off eBay.
Yeah it's not as strong, but it's only a tidbit less than this phone. Still a quadcore, 2GB of RAM, gorgeous and great screen, etc... (oh and expandable memory).
27. amats69 (Posts: 1238; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
oh well good..but dont worry theres still lots of people waiting for the ONE..so just enjoy your new LG phone while were waiting for our beast to come :)
31. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh, HTC just lost a customer, oh well..... Oh and by the way, enjoy your Optimus G, it is also an awesome phone!
67. jewilliams500 (Posts: 16; Member since: 22 Oct 2012)
Wait just a Damn minute! This same thing happened with the S3 and no one was trippin'! If your mind was changed that fast then all that shows is y'all only purchase these devices based on popularity and not on what the phone is capable of and how it can benefit your specific wants and needs.
77. 007akshay (Posts: 37; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
yeah same for me im buyin s4 in india which is gone release on 1st week of april while htc 1 on may 1st week so who can wait dat long for only a premium design n low battery............
37. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Rydsmith is just the beginning of the lost sales. All Sammy has to do now is keep up the leaking of information about the S4. Expect to see a review up on PA before too long.
Such potential. That just got squandered. Oh well.
51. Taters (Posts: 5060; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Every HTC I have owned so far has been junk so you might be the one that needs a reality check.
74. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
thats funny cuz every samsung Ive owned has been junk. Ive owned the Nexus One, Nexus S, and Galaxy Nexus. The only one that was real quality was the original Nexus by HTC
I will take my chances with HTC their track record is proven.
21. amats69 (Posts: 1238; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
heres your candy...dont cry please... LMAO
3. McJobs (Posts: 107; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
thin glossy plastic at that price point is unacceptable. Waiting for HTC One.
16. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
wwoww very good next mounth in uk..!!
i want one and it dont matter when it release even 2 or 3 mounth next.
i still do a lot with my one x..
love u HTC.
38. Lboogey6 (Posts: 269; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
dude ...... when was a metal phone needed? i mean im not a huge optimus g fan but ... you an anyone else screaming for a metal phone are really just being ridiculous...no one has yet to show plastic phones broken as if its a mass issue across the world the one will be a neat phone minus being sealed and havnig htcs past battery issues enjoy swapping your whole device
52. kozza3 (Posts: 639; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
i think its more of a "i know it uses premium material so i feel better paying $$$"
4. eliasafram7 (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
always before you make something look if u have the enough materials
61. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1705; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Agreed it's only delayed about a month, idk why everyone is freaking out like it will destroy HTC. Wishful thinking for you haters.
8. Kreft (Posts: 84; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
I think I'll wait to see what Motorola is cooking anyway.
9. b1acktiger (Posts: 219; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Waiting until April last.! Dreaming about the ONE and only.
10. johnriii (Posts: 236; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I'm with verizon, and somehow, I'm glad we aren't getting the HTC One. HTC had the opportunity to TRY and make up ground against Samsung, and they blew it. with the release of the S4, Sammy will have 3 top tier smartphones on the market, selling like mad. I'm sure the S3 is going to get another boost in sales when it drops in price across the board (it's $99.99 on amazon wireless right now). I've had three HTC phones, and in 4 months, their won't be a 4th. Sammy is getting my money, be it the S3, S4, or the Note 2. good luck recovering from this latest SNAFU, HTC...
11. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
you need pay more than $$$$ for a beauty (not my opinion) phone.
quote "time is money"
13. dicemoney (Posts: 57; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
Thats even better for me now I get to try the s4 and HTC one side by side in the store and see which one I like best HTC don't need to be scared of Samsung all they have to do is advertise their product and let the customers decide what's better suits them and from what I see the HTC one looks like the better phone
14. 7ceez (Posts: 26; Member since: 08 Sep 2011)
Boo....fail HTC...get your isht together man...their whole "One" line of thinking is cursed.
86. qwerty1234 (Posts: 7; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
ONE is always at the top and FOUR is below on it.
18. rick2340 (Posts: 21; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
If Samsung can get their phone out here in the states before HTC it will definitely hurt them.
20. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
i don't think so people know what Quality is and people wait for Quality and want Quality.
29. Aeires (unregistered)
He did say the States. People in the US know what marketing is, quality isn't always the issue. I see it every day.
19. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
thats ok HTC i will wait for the ONE because its the only phone i'm intersted in this year.
23. Taters (Posts: 5060; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Game over if Samsung releases the GS4 first.
24. amats69 (Posts: 1238; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
im patiently waiting for the ONE! end of april is not bad at all! excited for this beast!
25. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
my sister work at T-mobile she said the employes are all excited about the HTC ONE and Tmobile is expecting it to be soldout from the first 2 weeks like when the HTC HD2 came out years back.
30. Feanor (Posts: 523; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Well, of course it will be sold out because all the information indicates that HTC has serious problems of producing enough handsets. I expect that even in the countries that will be available, the availability will be initially limited. So all the fans will hurry to secure one item for themselves and the handset will be sold out immediately. However HTC needs desperately a large customer basis to make up for the lost market share and not just a handful of HTC fans that frequent this blogspot. And I'm afraid these customers will look elsewhere.
28. wizzardtech (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
im eagerly waiting for this phone. I dont care if i wait for a month or more as long as i have the beast on my hand. Me and 4 of my friends and waiting in line for this. i Wont buy S4 with the crappy design.
32. ChrisG (Posts: 38; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
If I were in the market for a phone this year, I'd wait for the HTC One, the next Nexus phone, and the rumored Motorola "X" phone with Android 5.0. Quite the choice to make among those three and the Galaxy S IV!
34. johnriii (Posts: 236; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
how soon we forget about the likes of the Thunderbolt, EVO, and others. even the Rezound, which I still own, is supbar compared to the phones that were released during the holiday of 2011. the only thing HTC has consistently done over the years is make bulky, solid phones up until the last two years. form factor, they get plus points....everything else, they are behind the pack. and falling further behind. I'm sure the ONE will sell plenty, but they still won't be able to touch what Samsung has DONE with the S3 already.
35. Taters (Posts: 5060; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I reserved an HTC One and have owned HTC One X and HTC 8x recently and I just received an email from HTC with a message from the president apologizing for the delay. Funny stuff.
Now hopefully Rogers manages to sneak a few into Canada before April so I can make some good money on Craigslist to fund my GS4 or Nexus 5.
If Apple wants to be pricks, they should just terminate their agreement with HTC now and put a sales ban on the HTC One before release. lol
42. pokerc (Posts: 60; Member since: 24 May 2012)
You have 2 HTC phones and reserved 1 yet you always trask talk them! Hmm....
45. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Bro he doesn't have those phones...and your correct he is always talking crap about HTC so I think he is talking out of his a$$
49. Taters (Posts: 5060; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Hint. There is a reason why I don't have the One X anymore and why I am placing the HTC One on Craigslist.
36. Dion25 (Posts: 42; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
Sure this will hurt HTC. Samsung has the marketing mu$cle to push the GS4 and they will. the one may be the better phone, but htc will fall by the wayside.
39. Andrewtst (Posts: 498; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
If HTC ONE release late than Samsung S 4, all the best.
40. martycota (Posts: 28; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
The only reason I was considering the One is because I want to switch my contract as soon as possible off T-mobile (contract ended 3/15/13), and they were coming out before the S4. I did want the S4 more, but would have probably ended up with the One just because I could get it before April.
41. androidsucksass (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
please just stay out of the US markert, your phones are trash
43. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Stfu you fanboy...the iPhone is for little girls who haven't gotten their first period yet!! That Includes you.
44. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
HTC said: "for now, people can enjoy its reviews." LOL
46. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Call me lame, but I love watching reviews of the ONE...I learn more and more about the phone. Every reviewer has spoke highly of this phone: zdnet, gsmarena, pocketnow, pocketlint, android authority, the verge, gottabemobile, cnet,oh yeah and phonearena lol
47. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i love reading reviews as well (of course not biased ones) but this catastrophe must not happen to a flagship which wants to fight with S4, XZ and ...
59. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Oh man I definitely agree with you on that. Especially because of the situation there in now. I am not going to lie I was bummed about it. But all I can do is wait now. And wait I will
48. rizevnarastek (Posts: 338; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
I think HTC will be OK. The phone is worth the wait. Samsung has nothing on it. Those that contemplate of buying the One will wait a tad more. No biggie. And HTC will be producing this beast for the duration of the year only to be succeeded by the new One next year so there's really no worry. ;)
53. ok2go (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
It was a toss-up for me HTC One or S4. I just need a new phone and was going to get whichever one is released first. I thought it would be the One...and was excited to finally own an amazing looking phone. Looks like, it will be close. I don't mind owning the S4, but for me the release date will be the deciding factor.