Dolphin Browser 4.0 released for iPhone
Most notably, Dolphin Browser 4.0 adds voice control in the form of Dolphin Sonar. While this feature has already been available on the Android version, this is Sonar's debut on iOS. Sonar allows you to use your voice to search the Internet, share items on various social networks, save bookmarks, and more.
In addition to Sonar, Dolphin Browser 4.0 adds a URL keyboard, the ability to chose between four different search engines, three choices of font size, a night mode that allows you to dim the screen with one button, the ability to save images to your phone’s photo album, and, of course, the ubiquitous “various stability and performance improvements.”
Dolphin Browser is available in the App Store now for free. Dolphin Sonar, however, is an in-app add-on that costs $0.99.
source: App Store via MobileBurn
1. taco50 (banned) posted on 05 Apr 2012, 11:02 3
And android trolls say there's no browser choices on iOS. It's obvious they've never used an iPhone.
2. clevername posted on 05 Apr 2012, 11:09 10
True there are decent choices. But in androids favor, sonar is a free update. And you can choose the default browser, which is the reason why I stayed away from other browsers when I had an iPhone.
3. frydaexiii posted on 05 Apr 2012, 11:20 6
so? You can't set defaults, so they're not really replacements
8. taco50 (banned) posted on 05 Apr 2012, 11:58 1
What does thr matter. I can open the browser I want to use and surf the web. It's not a big deal.
10. frydaexiii posted on 05 Apr 2012, 12:09 5
Yeah? and when you receive a website from an SMS or email app?
15. iamcc posted on 05 Apr 2012, 16:02 0
Its easy... you just copy the link switch to the browser you want paste the link and then hit go.
Oh wait... clicking the link sounds better to me.
4. adi4u4882 posted on 05 Apr 2012, 11:20 6
I have bada, iOS and Android. And i can openly say Android is the winner.
9. PhoneArenaUser posted on 05 Apr 2012, 12:00 3
18. remixfa posted on 05 Apr 2012, 21:34 1
you do realize that all these features have been standard on android for years and quite a few more.
oh and dolphin on android is fully flash enabled and runs quite well.
Its not that you have no "browser choices" on iOS, its that non of them are as fully equipped as those on android. true story.
6. IPHONE. posted on 05 Apr 2012, 11:44 2
Apple has better quality apps then all other,s! Other,s have junk.....
7. 0o0blackstar0o0 posted on 05 Apr 2012, 11:52 3
Android has everything apple has plus more. e.g changeable keyboards
17. Lucas777 posted on 05 Apr 2012, 20:58 0
not even close... quality on ios is by far better...
ie infinity blad II
20. 0o0blackstar0o0 posted on 06 Apr 2012, 03:11 1
try before you comment i own Iphone 4s also
21. Lucas777 posted on 06 Apr 2012, 13:35 0
i have tried both.. many android apps are annoying with ads and many are way less streamlined than the ios counterparts... and many of the apps i use daily in my iphone are not to be seen in the android marketplace
22. 0o0blackstar0o0 posted on 12 Apr 2012, 01:04 0
The ads are in the free one just like apple's u gotta buy them to be ad free ;)
11. frydaexiii posted on 05 Apr 2012, 12:11 6
Really? cause if I recall, Dolphin was on Android 1st...
13. Berzerk000 posted on 05 Apr 2012, 14:33 2
Just downloaded it on my iPod, way faster than safari
14. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) posted on 05 Apr 2012, 15:18 2
I'm using this to. it's much better than Safari....
But where is the Dolphin Browser HD?
16. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 05 Apr 2012, 19:41 1
This is already on my GALAXY NEXUS since February. Iphone users are late as usual
19. zackh121556 posted on 05 Apr 2012, 23:44 1
Sorry iPhone users. No flash support in this for ios