Does the iPhone 5 suffer from light leakage?
0. phoneArena 24 Sep 2012, 09:39 posted on
Oh dear, after the reports of some iPhone 5 devices arriving with scratches on the metal framing and back out of the box (bonus feature?), it looks like some owners of the white version are now experiencing a little bit of light leakage from the top end of their brand new smartphones...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Easy-to-scratch and now light-leakage, for me it looks like a bad build quality.
3. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 636; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
It's more of a result of trying to have beyond impossible build quality in such a massive production. This outcome is logical. It cannot be done yet. Apple overkilled themselves.
10. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
If it is only light-leakage through transparent field then it may be still livable but what if there is a gap and dust and moisture can also get in ? Then it should be sad news for iPhone lovers. :)
27. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Plus, if the light leaks don't affect functionality (like picture quality), I don't see it being a manufacturing defect. Absent a functional issue, it sounds like much ado about nothing.
72. haseebzahid (Posts: 1837; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
when they bragg about "Excellent build quality" even this kind of blips are things to be noticed
45. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Foxconn Worker Claims New iPhone 5 is Poorly Made"
25. MeoCao (unregistered)
And Apple boast using high speed camera to control production quality.
94. amir1975 (Posts: 22; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
Ha ha ha ha!
it reminisces FAKE CHINESE PHONES !!!
19. mayhem (Posts: 4; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
dont worry soon they can buy Itape to cover light
23. MeoCao (unregistered)
Apple may sell that tape for $10 apiece, more business for Apple LOL.
51. mukrenol (Posts: 90; Member since: 03 Sep 2011)
more like $30 a piece... because it will be a 'case' -_-
38. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
so much for premium build quality lol. just joking but i love the build of my Gnexus which is plastic but does not get scratched easily. but its a personal choice i guess.
btw has anyone noticed that now we can take back our thums up/down here on PA? if you thumb some one down by mistake just thumb down again and that comment will no longer have your red thumb. then you can also give it a thumb up. good job PA.
39. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4605; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
People are probably mishandling their phones.
41. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I dont think so and you also know it. ;)
43. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9045; Member since: 14 May 2012)
"You're using your phone wrong." -Mxyz and Apple
73. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1671; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
So when it's Apple its the users fault but when it was Samsung and the SGS III, Samsung to blame? Stupid troll.
80. Zero0 (Posts: 587; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Funny, because that happened with the iPhone 4 too. It was most certainly not Apple's fault that the design caused crappy reception. The users were simply holding it wrong.
65. whysoserious (Posts: 317; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I'm not going to be hypocrite about it, I love my S3 but it also has light leakage worse than this. It's coming from the left and right capacitive touch buttons that stretches on the screen for up to a few centimeters in length. But I don't mind, because it's only noticeable when I view a pure black image on a very dark place. Doesn't bug me at all.
78. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
It just shows nothings perfect. And this is expected. There are numerous Android phones with similar issues also. HTC seems to be a main culprit.
I think the iPad had leakage issues last year or the year before?
82. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I have light leakage too at the side of my iPod touch 4
4. prakesh (Posts: 92; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
of course they would suggest. buy a protective casing to cover those icheap happens to your ip5
6. ScottSchneider (Posts: 323; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
A lot of iPhone 5 Leaks proir to the release.. n now this... What a Shame... As usual.. iShame...
17. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4494; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
lol Yes I am starting to feel that iShame. That was so funny!
7. a1000smiles4u (Posts: 84; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
You are unboxing your iphone 5 in wrong way..... So its likely to get scratched
You are looking at your iphone 5 in wrong way...... So its like to some light leakage
18. a1000smiles4u (Posts: 84; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
And you are in wrong world to use apple maps
85. Phonecall01 (Posts: 189; Member since: 02 Apr 2009)
I think Apple map is perfectly fine. Roads, lakes and ravines are in the wrong places...lol
8. henrickrw (Posts: 407; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
OK.. All the Apple Fanboys says that the S3 S2 & Note are made of cheap plastic.
I'd rather my cheap plastic that this out of the box scratches...LOL
14. StephenGalop (Posts: 52; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Don't forget, cheap plastic suffer broken defects too..
9. Apple_Royally_ (banned) (Posts: 42; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
please stop hating and bashing Apple. its not good for your own health. please get over it . jeliousy is a self destruction to upon its own self. Apple has said it they will be fixing this. Thankyou Apple.
33. Apple_Royally_ (banned) (Posts: 42; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
All posts on ranting and taking the Liberty. Almost none of the issue which are unqualified to comment on anyways since never owining and jeliousy. its not sour Apple. its sour grapes. sour grapes on all your part. that is.
Dumbest anti Apple rant.
62. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Could you please repeat that in engrish?
21. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4494; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
lol The iPhone 5 is so thin that I use it to cut my bread every morning.
35. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 321; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Sure, they'll be fixing this, which will be great for people thinking about buying one, but what would this 'fix' do for people who already have scratched or light-leaky phones?
36. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...but what would this 'fix' do for people who already have scratched or light-leaky phones?"
And latest news says that Apple sells 5 million iPhone 5 units during opening weekend.
89. nicholassss (Posts: 358; Member since: 10 May 2012)
An yet I've seen 1 out in the wild, I wonder if they really sold as well as apple is saying.
Most iFans I know didnt see the point of going from the 4s to the 5 in the first place, now the scratches and light leaking. I dunno man, sounds kinda bogus to me.
47. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2027; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
" Apple has said it they will be fixing this."
Curious since the article said no word from apple on the matter. Did you read that somewhere else, and if so could you provide a link?
48. StephenGalop (Posts: 52; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
" Apple has said it they will be fixing this."
Typical comment from a mindless Apple fan LOL
53. Apple_Royally_ (banned) (Posts: 42; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Speak wisely, without ill-tounge!
52. Apple_Royally_ (banned) (Posts: 42; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Apple has told us "Exclusively" yet others have no conformation.
58. StephenGalop (Posts: 52; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
"Apple has told us..."
"Apple will change the world..."
"Next iPhone will exterminate all other phones..."
"Mac is the best computer in the world"..
Sounds familiar? Yes.. the typical I-sheep
60. Apple_Royally_ (banned) (Posts: 42; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Like that, well said, except last paragraph! "
98. dragonstkdgirl (Posts: 144; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
All I hear now from them is "BAAAAA"....
makes it much easier to sift through the comments.
74. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1671; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
please stop "praising" and "glorifying" Apple. its not good for your own health. please get over it . "elitism" is a self destruction to upon its own self. Apple has said it they will be "fixing" this. Thankyou Apple.
11. WilliamJE (Posts: 5; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I just checked our Demo model and it leaks in the same spot. This thing is becoming more and more of a joke. I'll keep my S3..
13. Ragnarockd (Posts: 47; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Talking about apple's build quality issues,a guy(ifan) went racial againt android users.....
69. tedkord (Posts: 5503; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Are you talking about the Muslim comment? Not to be a wise ass, but Muslim isn't a race, it's a religion. That doesn't make the comments any less reprehensible or stupid....
70. tedkord (Posts: 5503; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Or, rather, Islam is a religion. Muslim is a practitioner. I'm a dope...
15. superguy (Posts: 271; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
And iSheep will still claim it's the best thing since sliced bread.
28. Aeires (unregistered)
I disagree, that would be the 4 model. When you buy a cell phone and it can't make calls, it's the worse model ever.
24. ph00ny (Posts: 606; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Damn i was only kidding about about apple getting hit from LG sourced display with backlight leaking...