Does bowing ball in tweet mean October 28th launch for KitKat?
0. phoneArena 26 Oct 2013, 11:21 posted on
"When will KitKat launch?" has become a national obsession in the U.S. replacing "who shot JFK?" as the question weighing on American's minds; ok, maybe that is a large overstatement, but with a number of industry sources expecting the latest Android OS build to be released any day between now and the end of the month, the question has become something of a puzzle...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. in_core (Posts: 80; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Enough! These hopeless countdowns are getting really lame now
26. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
Yeah I agree, I'd say this is the line.
34. tuminatr (Posts: 753; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
just a thought there are 3 black finger / thumb holes and 4 white circles that kind of look like a one . you could say the ball says 31, so announce on the 29th release on the 31st is my guess
28. sharks (Posts: 228; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
What if the pic featured a bowling ball with x holes? All bowling balls have 3 holes!! Those speculations about 4.4 release are getting crazier and lamer every day!!
31. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1095; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Did anyone else notice the 29 retweets? OMG! This must somehow confirm that the 29th is the date that they will release Android 4.4!
And that my friends is how ridiculous this reporting has become.
33. vaibhavaggarwal (Posts: 44; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
google is trolling the s**t out of everyone
2. aayupanday (Posts: 573; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Well.... Lets see if this one turns out to be true......
3. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Can't wait!!! 4.4 will blow the living crap out of everything even more than 4.3! iOS, WP, whatever!! :D
6. boosook (Posts: 1407; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
why not 4 (the reflections on the ball) or 7 (the kitkat bars)?
36. joseg81 (Posts: 193; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
lol yea there's also 4 lines on the lanes, 2 stars at the top and so on. it's funny how they only chose to count the 3 holes in the bowling ball lol
7. JaiKB (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
I feel like Google is trolling us and everything they give us about Kit Kat we make it into a huge obsession if it is or not. I bet there are some interns sitting in the Google seat and they say post something on twitter without even meaning anything and we make something about of it. But if Kit Kat is going to get released by the end of this month just wait it isn't going to kill anyone.
9. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Maybe there are three holes on the ball because bowling balls have three holes...
12. pooked (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
If you multiply the 3 holes times the 4 reflections on the ball times the 7 kit kat bars you get 84. Now divide that by the 3 clues you see on the image and we get the number. YOU GOT IT!!!! 28!!!!! WTF...HOW OMINOUS!!!!
16. EgyDroid (Posts: 111; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Ladies and Gentlemen.......
CHUCK NORRIS. :P
22. indianapple89 (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Here's another theory:
In a bowling frame if you get 3 strikes, your score for the frame is 30.
Now because we have "3" holes in the bowling ball, it points to an Oct 30th launch.
13. valapsp (Posts: 552; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
average number of PA titles per day: 20
average number of PA titles about KitKat per day: 200
14. ZombieHunter (Posts: 43; Member since: 13 Oct 2013)
Um.... Google is just screwing with everyone. Putting out pictures of nothing important and letting people run with their imaginations... So far, "Rumor" has it.... the Nexus will be released sometime between Oct 16, 2013 to blah blah 2014.... I love it.... At least someone will be right since everyday has been picked for the next six months.
15. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Maybe... a far-fetched speculative rumor a day keeps Kit-Kat away.
17. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
28th sounds right because it's the beginning of the week
18. Klamba92 (Posts: 210; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Look we all need to calm down about these rumours and hidden meanings let's just wait til October ends to start questioning things. Have some patience it will come out by the end of October......... I think!
20. xfire99 (Posts: 766; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
lol, all these guessing. -.-
Bowling were invented on 29 Dec, does it means release day are at 29 Dec or 29 Okt? :p
Also there are 7 KitKats, does it means 27 Oct? :p
21. indianapple89 (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Even assuming that makes sense, that's about 2 days away. How is Google even planning to release it without invites? Youtube livestream?
23. hmmm... (Posts: 74; Member since: 05 Jun 2013)
When i saw the title i thought it was a new game I hadn't heard of before. Bowling, not bowing
24. _PHug_ (Posts: 443; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
I see 1 ball and 7 pins that means January 7th.
If you look deeper you see 3 holes and 4 spots on the ball, that tells me March 4th.
27. medicci37 (Posts: 1266; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
It's been over 15 months since jelly bean was released. After waiting all this time, I hope there are some significant improvements
29. Scott93274 (Posts: 3629; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
I remember waiting for the Galaxy Nexus to release for two months. Every week there was rumors of a release for the next week, and each week those rumors proved false. It wasn't until Midnight the day the Phone was actually released when they sent out emails to those on contact lists informing them. I don't trust rumors... especially with Google.
30. Tux_Alan (Posts: 74; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
Even if the release was in 3 days... You guys do realize this would be but a coincidence... Right? Gosh this whole crap is getting pathetic lol... Kitkat shall come when it comes.... Early hopefully though... Lolol got a whole buncha nexus devices awaiting to be upgraded! Thanks google for making my toys a lil better every year... Usually keeps me from buying a new phone or tablet.... Well... Till Xmas at least lol
35. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
I am pretty sure that after android 4.4 is released, android 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 will follow to fix bugs anyways