Does a new Lumia 900 ad may hint at Windows Phone 8 Live Tile functionality?
0. phoneArena 22 May 2012, 15:37 posted on
A web ad for Nokia's flagship phone shows off UI functions that don't currently exist - is it a mistake, or a preview of things to come once Apollo lands...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tward291 (Posts: 557; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
i read this on wpcentral and it could be a mess up by nokia or it could be a little hint that there throwing out there to see who paying attention.
2. wp74ver (banned) (Posts: 62; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I white lumia 900 saw this ,and was like I told you,i told you im getting windows phone 8 boy.
3. snowgator (Posts: 3013; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
We will see. I think more integrated live tiles is a given for WP8.
4. Credo (Posts: 558; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I don't think this is Windows Phone 8, i think this is maybe an update like Nokia is going to update the Marketplace-Tile, besides that, like tward291, i also readed on wpcentral that it is a glitch from Nokia, not already meaned to publish or something, but one thing is for sure, Windows Phone 8 wil become available for the Nokia Lumia 900 and it also is going to be the best OS ! ;-)
5. Credo (Posts: 558; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Btw, i'ts a fake one, ignore my previous post, the 'people hub' is totally wrong, its not named as 'contacts' but as 'people'.
The Picture tile that flips to 2 tiles is also fake, look very carefully at the color, its more cyan blue then normal blue, also the number '85' is too bigg, microsoft would never do that like that.
Go to that website and you notice that the screen is placed lower than normal, also the 4G status is not true,
+ watch the back of the device, what a bigg camera? Pureviewcamera? but okay nice try for the Fanboy :)
7. Mr.Best (Posts: 74; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
I still contend that they should have stuck with Meego. That was one sweet interface and a much better competitor to Android and iOS...Jus sayin
10. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Yes cool is indeed for you. But take a hard look at it. What does meego remind you of? Yeah, looks similar to ios, android, bada, tizen, and MS desktop. Ok everyone wants to go that grid and widget route but why? Why be like them. Yes everyone likes to fit in and that's human nature but what MS/wp have could be a step towards the future and I'm all for that. Hey look at ios it hasn't changed much since it first came out. Just little tweaks and bodily changes to keep the sheep's coming.
13. Lucas777 (Posts: 2114; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
no.. meego was going nowhere… they have stronger sales from wp7
9. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Just keep it coming whatever it is. IOS and their rumor clowns are out in full force to defame WP.
11. shadez10 (Posts: 363; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
i hope WP8 would bring bluetooth file transfer... =D
19. GENARAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 93; Member since: 17 Apr 2012)
That's why no one likes Windows....
14. 7thspaceman (Posts: 718; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Folks I truly hope that Nokia Puts a high def display screen on and new electronics
inside the Nokia Lumia 900 so it can be given the new Windows Phone 8 operating sys
It would be sad to see such a good designed smart phone case lost forever when the windows 7,5 mango smart phones are retired in october 2012.. Microsoft and Nokia will no doubt still support windows 7.5 mango smart phones for at least 2 years with updates so they still can be useful but they will not be factory made anymore.
15. shadez10 (Posts: 363; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
will the nokia 610 get the WP8 update?.. i hope it willl =D
16. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1429; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Some mods or hack or maybe a custom rom.
17. chrischau1308 (Posts: 53; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
why article about WP always have so many dislike thumbs ?!?!!
20. Credo (Posts: 558; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
becouse its the best OS, thats why people hate it and i love it
21. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
The sheep's won't tolerate the new guy stepping in their grazing field and the crybabies and whinnies are upset because Nokia wouldn't do what they wanted them to do. Boohoo hoo, Nokia why didn't you join Android (rolling on floor and stomping feet, Spazzing).
18. GENARAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 93; Member since: 17 Apr 2012)
Cause no one likes Windows. Restrictions. Fandroids Android..... Neither do i.....