Does Apple limit data speeds on some U.S. carriers?
0. phoneArena 06 Jun 2013, 03:00 posted on
According to a person who provides hacks for the Apple iPhone, a code was found on iOS that effectively lowers the data speed on three U.S. wireless carriers; Joseph Brown says that he has found code on the Apple iPhone and Apple iPad running on Verizon, Sprint and AT&T that limits the speed of the devices...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. joey_sfb (Posts: 5258; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Apple also has a broadband price plan for carriers. 1 mega bits, 5 mega bits, 10 megabits, 20 megabits and unlimited. Brilliant actually!
10. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i agree with you!
while many might look down upon this apple know how to make money
12. Synack (Posts: 677; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
I actually had the iPhone5 on Verizon and noticed this. I was getting HSPA+ speeds or worse on the LTE network. An average speed for me would've been 8 megs down. Another reason I don't own an iPhone anymore.
13. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
1) eating too much traffic for nothing when idle in compare to other phones
2) "iOS is the most vulnerable OS in the world"
3) iOS apps leak more personal info than Android
4) not capable to code default app selection
Sorry but youre just brainwashed by your feature phone, not a real smartphone :)
bit [dot] ly/RYzOPP
20. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 221; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Quit copying and pasting your list on all the comment sections of these articles dude. We get the point, Apple sucks.
22. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
the truth must be said every time to get rid of any rotten part of the world :)
2. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Yep...Telco douchbagery ... playing predictably unfair
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Here's the advice, don't buy the apple device, problem solved
5. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
7. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
And for those who are already stuck with the Apple device?
This may be inadvertent, but "don't buy Apple" sounds like sensible advice. ;)
21. WM6.5Sucks (Posts: 42; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
"Deal with it?" lol sorry I had to go there. XD
15. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And bad and Rotten™
When will this company RIP®
23. indigo87 (Posts: 40; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
They said they throttle other devices on their network so it does not matter what you buy it will be throttle on AT&T's & Verizon's network.
Which sucks for all the users who over paid for data plans to be throttle.
24. bigdawg23 (Posts: 443; Member since: 25 May 2011)
Then I would steer clear of Samsung. My iPhone gets 36 down and 12 up on ATT LTE while I the same location I dropped to 23 down and 8 up on my Note 2
6. giri555 (Posts: 111; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
Apple has become an evil bad loser now a days....far away from Steve Jobs vision...
14. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Jobs started that.... he was psychopathic..... something like Adolf :)
8. jroc74 (Posts: 5980; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
"The hacker says, "The (Apple) OS eats much more data, even when in idle mode, than most phones on the market."
Really?!?! And Apple, iPhone fanboys like to claim this about Android....
I see there are some things we dont know about iOS.
11. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
IPhone is soooo slow
16. NE_BE (Posts: 19; Member since: 21 Mar 2013)
Just so android fanboys can go nuts...
GO windows phone!
17. Ninetysix (Posts: 2317; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Next! Was good bait for fandroids to post though! You can easily spot them..LOL
Update, June 6 at 1:10 p.m. PT: Adds that iTweakiOS has since taken the post down without explanation. Brian Klug over at AnandTech has put together a detailed explainer that pokes holes in Brown's idea, adding that throttling is "not the case currently with any iOS devices."
18. jroc74 (Posts: 5980; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I trust Anandtech as a source....so thanks for the updated info.
.......I just thanked this guy.....now I feel a lil sick....lol. Seriously, thanks.
19. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Now i see why AT&T got rid of their UNLIMITED DATA PLANS. thanks a bunch