Does Apple allow apps to steal your address book?
0. phoneArena 09 Feb 2012, 08:41 posted on
You might have never heard about Path - and that probably is not a huge omission. What you should know, though, is that the application would access your whole address book…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. T12RYK (Posts: 98; Member since: 10 Jun 2011)
Thats really scary! WTF is Apple playing at??
2. bigdawg23 (Posts: 446; Member since: 25 May 2011)
You are a fool if you think they are the only ones. There are things like this in all mobile OS.
6. T12RYK (Posts: 98; Member since: 10 Jun 2011)
Yeah but Apples known for its tight restrictions on their apps, I'd expect this from Andriod but not WP7 or Apple.
4. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Hmmmm does apple steal your phone book??? Well seeing as apple continually monitors its users locations and also removes any sense of free will or individual thought from their users then its not beyond the realms of possibility that apple has done this also
7. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Mr.Cook was not available for comment but Siri said this..."I do it out of love" "to protect you".
9. rcrider4 (Posts: 118; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
I do find that it is useful for a few apps, but this feature should be something each app has to have permission to do, just like location services are handled now