Doctors in new survey choose the Apple iPhone and the Apple iPad to save and access patient files
0. phoneArena 01 Jun 2013, 07:28 posted on
While an apple a day might keep the doctor away, an Apple or two tells the doctors what to do; in a recent survey, physicians are choosing the Apple iPhone and Apple iPad as the devices they would prefer to use to save and access patient records. Doctors are demanding more medically-related apps and 83% of the healers are planning on using Electronic Health Records (EHRs) on mobile devices...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Good, this should hopefully speed of things. Dont care thats its the iPad.. My file at my doctors office is getting so big I might suggest he start using a tablet.
I think they have started doing my prescriptions online so when I leave the office.....its already filled.
13. nokialaamia1 (banned) (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
What iphone iphone. .I hate iphone ..
20. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Aww.....you hate iPhone eh? Nobody cares....... ;)
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 10087; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Then here's a good piece of advice... Don't buy one.
44. metalpoet (unregistered)
well you got a point there buddy lol
89. nokialaamia1 (banned) (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
Iphone is used by gays in america like justin beiber.
94. darkkjedii (Posts: 10087; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You're probably gay yourself, not that anythings wrong with it. Making a comment like that usually means your in the closet. Like people who talk about killing often have those tendencies. It's okay sweetie open the door, and come on out, c'mon now...
98. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1300; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
it might be a gay phone ,but a large number of gay people use androids as well , and use pc's , wear t shirts and breathe oxygen ,either you are trying to cover up your unmanliness by becoming a keyboard warrior or you are a real redneck
102. darkkjedii (Posts: 10087; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Very true post. Internet tough guys are the worst, most are fat 5'5" cream puffs, leaving in their parents house, wusses, or pedophiles.
43. metalpoet (unregistered)
They do it because anybody, even a 3yr old with autism(ive seen it) can work an apple product.
I think its amazing that were moving towards a paperless society but Apple is not my first pick but oh well. Now if only we could get most of the doctors to stop being idiots and acting like they dont want to help you because they would rather be driving their Mercedes with there 20 yr younger fake blond wife.
56. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
doctors arent tech savy so its understandable that why they chose apple product.
76. darkkjedii (Posts: 10087; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Doctors aren't tech savy? Dude are you listening to yourself? Are you a doctor? I'm very tech savy, and I love apple products. Before you diss doctors, learn to capitalize, construct proper sentences, and use comas.
79. casbah70 (Posts: 16; Member since: 21 Jun 2011)
I find that the majority of doctors are not very tech savy. My experience has been that most believe they are, but in fact are not. While I don't tell them how to do medical proceedures, they are more than happy to argue with me about compatibility issues and software functionality. It is my belief that a desired image has pushed much of the demand for Apple products.
97. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
how about you shove capitalization and proper sentencing up your anal. if i wanted to write a perfect english sentence i would take a literature course and write essays in that.
that comment is simple enough for anyone to understand. you are lucky im not one of those who TaLk lik dis
80. darkkjedii (Posts: 10087; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Metalpoet you know that's one of the reasons apple products sell like hotcakes too. Ease of use is important, and a strong selling point to people, especially impatient ones lol. I'm very impatient and always looking for say, the shortest line, or the emptiest store. It does appeal to people.
82. metalpoet (unregistered)
I agree with you, excluding the personal experiences I have had with doctors(seen in the comment i left above), I really can understand that an iPad will help speed things up and make the non mdeical stuff easier for those in the medical field.
85. darkkjedii (Posts: 10087; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yeah and there's nothing wrong with that. My fiancé has the galaxy tab 8.9 running 4.1 jellybean, I love it but actually prefer the easier to "useness" lol of my iPad 3. The touch wiz interface is a lot sweeter though.
3. donjunior (Posts: 50; Member since: 28 May 2013)
Doc is sick. Dont eat an Apple a day! Samsung FTW.
5. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1300; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i know many doctors who use Android tablets as well , but none of them have got a Galaxy Tab ...
35. darkkjedii (Posts: 10087; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Unless you are a doctor, you shouldn't know many of them. Hope your health is ok.
104. darkkjedii (Posts: 10087; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Got it lol. Red thumbs for saying you were in med school is pure jealousy. +1
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 10087; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Nothing wrong with that. It's not the device that counts, it's the Dr. that's using it.
7. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1300; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i guess the main reason Doctors ,Engineers ,lawyers use iOS because it is uncomplicated considering that they just "need it to work" rather than sit around and run benchmark apps
61. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
as a software engineer i can tell u that my first pick will always be android. ios doesnt even support serial bluetooth. Linux gives us flexibility to use android phones instead of carrying our laptops
77. darkkjedii (Posts: 10087; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Uhhhhh... The article said "Doctors" not software engineers.
96. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
lol, not reply to you, replying to RaKithAPeiRiZ's comment.
105. darkkjedii (Posts: 10087; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Androids a sweet platform no argument there, but why the backlash from people cause docs chose iOS? If you're in need of medical attention, who the heck cares what they're using to access your files...Just get me well again ya know? Dead people use neither.
63. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
and in case you might think that its only software guys who like android then no, my friend in aerospace engineering and other in mechanical engineering love android too, they dont even program but they find android more useable and customisable
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6122; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
please dont give me that B.S. apple only PATENTS so they can protect themselves and NOT TOO LET ANYONE else take a technology that have already or not have been invented. Still think THEY ARE THE WORSE COMPANY ever and DON'T LIKE TOO COMPETE which is the TRUTH plus they don't want too go into bankrupt also which is another thing why they sue and patent
38. darkkjedii (Posts: 10087; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
If his reading is like his typing then... No!!!
36. darkkjedii (Posts: 10087; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Your usage of the word "too" is always incorrect. Also apple is 426,000,000,000 away from "bankruptcy", which is what you should've typed. Here's a piece of advice, grab your self an iPad since you say their for kids, cause you type like one.
84. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3215; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
When I was a kid, I typed much better than that.
107. willard12 (Posts: 694; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Since you're correcting the spelling of others, "yourself" is one word.
46. metalpoet (unregistered)
Dude your making people who don't like Apple look bad. Go take a nap and sober up okay? Awesome.
48. darkkjedii (Posts: 10087; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yeah metalpoet...dudes drunk. Here's his next apple tirade. Hfnjididiudjdjjdjd diskfjjdjsksoosoekkddkkdjd TOO jngdj)37$:&&$ bankrup hdnsmjjheleahgueccejninodd. APPLE jdhhdejecihdshghjrsofdhf SUE AND PATENT. You read it here first.
66. metalpoet (unregistered)
lmao! Bro i really needed that lol, that made me laugh so hard that people around me were thinking i lost my damn mind!
10. Ninetysix (Posts: 1351; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I know my to's and too's. What about you? Why should the doctors listen to you? What about you convince these people as well.
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7322; Member since: 14 May 2012)
1. The link you posted was from last year, 9 months ago
2. What does that have to do with the article?
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7322; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I think it's a great idea. Almost everything has moved to digital. My file at the doctor's office is getting big so if it makes their lives easier, why not?
16. sinple (Posts: 98; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
and if the patient need to get from information from the doctor, opps, ipad and iphone cant transfer file to another device.
The poor patient can only use their camera to take a photo of the ipad's screen
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 10087; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Oh well the Dr had spoken, so hate all you want.
24. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1300; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
patient /family will get hard copies from a printer ,
19. Whateverman (Posts: 3187; Member since: 17 May 2009)
It shouldnt matter that they're iDevices, their saving lives. Yes, I think it's is a subpar product, but it's not designed for me. It's for people who want something simple and easy to use. If that's what doctors need, then this is the perfect product for that purpose. I love Android, but its not for everyone. If it works for them, that's all that matters!
25. Whateverman (Posts: 3187; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I saw a couple jerks giving you a hard time because you're 14. Is that true? If so keep reading...
If you have a passion for all things tech, please hold on to that passion and don't allow anyone to take it away from you, not even these A-holes determined to give you crap all the time! (Don't tell your parents I said A-holes) Study, do great in school (A+-B+), learn as much as you can about whatever it is you really like doing and pursue that passion when you get to college. Most people who hate their jobs are people who didn't follow their dreams, but you have PLENTY of time to figure what your dream is. And if what I suspect is true (that you can't get enough of all technology) ignore the haters! Ignore the fanboys! Learn what you can from the writers at PA, CNET, Engadget, Phonedog, BGR, and anyone else that displays the knowledge to make you a better tech. Years from now, people will calling you the next Steve Jobs, Bill Gate, or Woz! And the haters will become your employees, trust me!
With that said, if you're a 45 year old man living in your mom's basement pretending to be a 14 year old kid... SHAME ON YOU!!! Get out and get a job, LOL!
Stay cool my friend!