Do you want the Galaxy S IV to have an S Pen? (Poll results)
0. phoneArena 22 Oct 2012, 03:31 posted on
Last week we asked you if you'd like the next Galaxy S phone to have an S Pen of its own. Not surprisingly, it turned out that those who fancy the idea are about as many as those who aren't really into it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT OF HAVING A GALAXY NOTE LINE?
especially since we'll be expecting the next Galaxy to be larger than 4.8".
Oh well. Guess people like to see a Samsung Galaxy S Note 3.5.
7. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
As the Galaxy S will expand, the Note will as well. Next Galaxy S might be 5 inches, the Note will probably be around 5.8 inches. That's where I hope every manufacturer would stop with the big displays. After 6 inches it's a tablet, greater than 5 it's a phablet, 5 and less is a phone if the bezel is handled correctly.
17. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
yup the next galaxy note is rumoured to be fashioned after the screen size of thhe galaxy music player which is 5.8 inches and if that's the case then a 5 inch flagship galaxy s4 makes sense but then it shouldnt expand more than 5 or else it'll just defeat the purpose of the Note series.
Moreover other manufacturers are playing catch-up to Samsung by releasing 5-inchers so sammy shouldnt worry...it needs to maintain borderline 5 inch for the S4 and 5.8 inches should be max for the Note 3.
2. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
everyone has his own opinion and my opinion is to slap those 3.41 percent people!!
3. VJo003 (Posts: 356; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
I logged in to type the same
14. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3618; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Slap them until they admit they know what S pen is...whether they know or not!!! :D
16. yasir-921 (Posts: 81; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
There are many people who when see a touch screen phone, or a keys-less phone say " How you dial a number and type messages in it..?"
19. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Probably they should ardent ifans or BB fans......
23. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
These results aren't conclusive. Chances are that not even everyone on the website voted. The difference seems to be within a margin of error.
6. dickwyn (Posts: 621; Member since: 07 May 2012)
no i disagree the GSIV should not have an S Pen because then it will be called the Galaxy Note Mini
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The Galaxy S IV shouldn't have an S-Pen. That's a feature that should be exclusive to the Note, because without it, the Note is just a big Galaxy S series. If the Galaxy S series were to get the S-Pen with all its features, that would pretty much take away any individuality the Note had (other than its size).
9. ElektronicGeek91 (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I think they shouldnt add that the S-Pen to the Galaxy S4 because that was differs it from the note. But then again people dont like big phones but love the S-Pen features so I guess it could have the best of both worlds.
10. mrbtree98 (Posts: 50; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
i think they should have two varients of the s4, one with the pen and wacom digitizer and one without. keep the screen size the same because for some it's borderline big. and keep the note the way it is at enormous.
11. someones4 (Posts: 624; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Logically, they wouldn't. But i would like the s-pen. it is a very innovative feature. for those who says otherwise, they may return to their caves.
12. Topcat488 (Posts: 1394; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Any screen larger then 4.8" in my opinion, could come with a stylus built in... This is what the Note series have over the other so-called phablet wanna be's. Remember that ole saying "When i was a kid, i did kiddy things, now that i'm a man, i don't write with my finger anymore". Or atleast the saying was something like that... The iphone 5 for example screen is too small, you'd look stupid using a stylus.
15. yasir-921 (Posts: 81; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
Galaxy SIV must not have the S-Pen.
S-Pen is the main thing which makes Note series different from S series. In future, it may happen that Note series will no longer have possibility to have an increase in its size (when note series will cross 6") then Samsung may merge Galaxy S with Galaxy Note (most probably by giving future S phones an S-Pen slot).
But for the SIV, there must be no such thing which differentiates "S" with "Note".
18. DLUVPARMAR (Posts: 50; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
Samsung suckk...that point...SGS4 VS NOKIA LUMIA 1000...
20. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
When most of the comments above suggest note include s pen in s4...
from where that 50.04 came....
21. skymitch89 (Posts: 1293; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I didn't get a chance to "vote" because I wasn't interested in the article, but I will voice my opinion. I think that the S-Pen should stay on the Note line, that is what really sets the Galaxy S devices apart form the Note devices. Yes, some people might like to use the S-Pen on a Galaxy S device, a "'Pen' & 'Note' pad" makes more sense than a "'Pen' & phone".
24. aahmed215 (Posts: 165; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
With an S-Pen for the Galaxy S IV, the S series and Note series would clash. Plus, the S-Pen is more appropriate for the larger screen of the Note.
25. The_Innovation (Posts: 604; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
You know what I say? No. We don't need a "smarter" pen. That era is over. It's gone. Enhance the touch capabilities instead. Smoother and more responsive.