Do you use your phone to follow your favorite sport(s)?
0. phoneArena 12 Jun 2014, 06:37 posted on
With the World Cup kickoff today, we wanted to ask you if your phone often becomes the go-to source for the latest on your favorite sports team or individual athlete. Are you obsessed to the point that you have apps which push notifications to your status bar each time your team scores, or do you prefer more traditional media to get your sports fix? Tell us in the poll, and elaborate on the level of your love story with sports... and phones...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. vincelongman (Posts: 2656; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Google Now has very limited support for rugby and rugby league :(
But I use it to follow sports I like such football (both american and the rest of the world), basketball and cricket
5. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I use cricket and football apps on my phone a lot. Speaking of which, which team are you supporting in the World Cup Daniel?
16. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3503; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Nooooooooooo... They're getting boring they have won so many times in a row already.
6. shuaibhere (Posts: 1927; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Yeah!!! Cricket and Soccer all the time...
12. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Its FOOTBALL for God sakes! I don't think we Indians use the word Soccer, or do we?
9. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Google Now already asked me for FIFA, I said yes.
11. Heatfan316 (Posts: 503; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Yes, Pro basketball, Pro football, College football, UFC, boxing, soccer, Indy car, Nascar, Formula 1, Hockey, and baseball.
20. Jyakotu (Posts: 829; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Yes, but I use the ESPN ScoreCenter app for that. I use it to follow American football, basketball, baseball, hockey, and college football and basketball. Mainly home teams, but a few teams that I'm really fond of as well.
21. jroc74 (Posts: 5395; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Its not go to all the time for me. Its like with anything else I use my smartphone for, if I want the fix and all I have is my phone....phone it is.
I would say my PC is more go to vs my phone.