To be more specific - our readers always make sure that all the doors of the vehicle are tightly closed, and that they have their seat belts on, before they set off. If they are driving during the night and it's dark outside, headlights are an absolute must - no compromise whatsoever! Young drivers? They always have an experienced one next to them, just in case. All of this comes to show that we fully understand our responsibilities on the road and are always putting safety first.
We guess this would have allowed the participants in our poll to be some very responsible drivers... if they actually weren't totally obsessed by their smartphones, to the point of being unable to get their eyes off the screen, and set them on the road. That's right, maybe we would have had a bit socio-friendlier results if we were a food-recipe site, but since we aren't, PhoneArena readers made a clear statement, with a majority of 36.25% saying they use their handsets for whatever they want — including calling and texting — while in the car (we do appreciate your honesty). Now that we've recognized how badly we need a change in our habits, feel free to check out what else our readers are using their phones for while driving below.
Phonearena pollssort by
- What do you use your phone for while driving?
- Calling, texting... whatever I want. 36.25% (224 votes) (224 votes)
- Texting... (guilty face). 2.91% (18 votes) (18 votes)
- Calling via a Bluetooth headset. 14.4% (89 votes) (89 votes)
- Navigation. 15.37% (95 votes) (95 votes)
- Listening to music. 16.34% (101 votes) (101 votes)
- No phone usage at all. Safety first! 14.72% (91 votes) (91 votes)