Do you plan to switch to another smartphone OS this year?
0. phoneArena 02 Apr 2014, 09:19 posted on
Switching to a different smartphone OS is not uncommon, so we want to see how many users intend to do this in 2014...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
If WP 8.1 lives up to expectations, then I just might ditch Android.
17. MrKoles (Posts: 368; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Since I don't prefer tiles I'll never say WP is great, but there are still people who prefer simplicity over functionality...
Android isn't leaving place for WP, the only competitor worth to mention is iOS, but it's somewhat luxurious for the average European person.
20. Finalflash (Posts: 3130; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I'd switch to WP if they weren't behind all other OSes by several years. Don't know why they still haven't caught up on features or apps yet.
21. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
You can make android as dumb as WP. Just install WP launcher, install alternative animations, and there you have WP with better apps
26. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2130; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I've tried many WP launchers, too many things wrong with the launcher. Better to make the switch for those preferring WP8.
27. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
Can you give me an exempel of what is wrong with them. Why would anyone choose such an inclosed OS is beyond me, and here I was thinking that humans put freedom pretty high on the list.
29. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2130; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
they don't run smoothly, clicking on some tiles do nothing but with other tiles, they load so slow. obviously apps don't launch with WP interface. tiles don't look clear. there's more, try it
31. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
What kind of phone do you own because I tried once a WP launcher on my SGS1 and it ran smoothly
33. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2130; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Nexus 5. I tried like 5 launchers. nothing to do with my phone. try on your current phone
34. iampayne (Posts: 322; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
The freedom comes from freely choosing which OS you want. Some people are completely content with a flip phone does that impede on their freedom? Im sure when you mention freedom your speaking of customization, which is very low on many people's list.
47. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
What I don't get is why you would want something that everyone else has. Don't you want to be original? If you buy a WP you are stuck with what you get and can't change that in any way (you can reorder tiles wow). But with android you get the chance to make the system to your own personal taste. Everything from changing colour of the status bar to changing the icons.
61. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2971; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
For the average European person?
63. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2971; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Just wondering if you think the average European person can't afford an iPhone.
66. MrKoles (Posts: 368; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Do you think Europe only consists of the rich western part?
19. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Until, they have 'rooting' option, I am staying put...Android has way too many options to ignore..
44. MrKoles (Posts: 368; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
What standards have you set up?
Other OS's are multiple times forward WP and still faster improving.
WP is playing a neverending catch-up game...
39. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
If WP can sideload apps, change theme, has widgets, and many features that android has, then I'm in.
42. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
This is silly. What expectations? it's trying to play catch up with android.
46. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I switched from ios to andriod in 2013 and it was the best move, so I am not seeing myself to change from andriod at the moment
51. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
WP is making some nice strides...I find myself reading up more on WP than the iPhone lately. Usually its to combat the fanboys...now its just general interest.
iPhone info is just to combat fanboys...lol.
3. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2278; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Chit NO!!! especially with wp8.1 coming
4. Beijendorf (Posts: 340; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Keep it simple, PhoneArena. I'm switching OS because the hardware I want doesn't use the OS I want. Not because I'm bored with the OS.
Have a simple "Yes" or "No" option.
6. allawi (Posts: 19; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
I am using Windows os on my Lumia and Android on my samsung tab, so I am really satisfied.
7. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2278; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
40.54% must be android and Ios users, (the fisrt choice) lol ., I'm just trolling y'all...
8. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
More than happy with Android and probably going to continue using it. iPhone 6 seems cool, and I really like iPad Air, so I guess that I might change phone or tablet to iOS.