Do you know which is the biggest cell phone carrier in the world?
0. phoneArena 31 Jan 2013, 08:13 posted on
You know, the mobile industry is full of wonderful and peculiar things. Being the cell phone maniacs that we are, we know most of them, but we guess there are still some things that might have remained unnoticed by some of us. In this post from the 'Awesome cell phone facts' series, we'll discuss the biggest mobile carrier in the world...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Yes and 3rd or 4th place is owned by Airtel
16. shuaibhere (Posts: 1927; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Biggest carrier of india is airtel for sure....
bsnl had a big chance....but they missed it...
2. Conan_Kudo (Posts: 19; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
Oi! T-Mobile USA's subscribers are consolidated with the rest of the Deutsche Telekom's mobile subscribers. As of November 2012, T-Mobile had 128.522 million subscribers, which puts them just below Reliance Communications in India, making them number 16 in the top 20.
6. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Isn't Verizon owned by Vodafone? Sprint by Softbank?
7. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 291; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
The sprint soft bank deal never fell thru... Did it
9. caustictoast (Posts: 31; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
No Vodafone was bought down to 45% a while ago giving Verizon Communications (the parent of Verizon Wireless) control. The Softbank deal didn't go through yet so Sprint is still doing its own thing for the time being
5. Bernoulli (Posts: 2372; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Hey t-mobile is part of deutsch Telekom, so how does deutsch Telekom rank then?! And yet again, DT is partially owned by the German government, another state owned entity
8. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I mean I understand this but is this a surprise considering that we only have 300+ in the US. I mean when you think about it, none of the top tier carriers here will ever amount to more than that unless 7G comes out when it can connect internationally. Till then, 300+ is the limit. In China, the limit is like over a billion.
11. idroidequis (Posts: 103; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Well the upside to living state side is that we get most of the flagships months before other contries so I cant complain.
12. ajac09 (Posts: 1430; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
no real shock... US carriers only cover the US 300 million people divided up by AT&T Sprint Tmobile verizon and others
13. BaiGanyo (Posts: 308; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)
Americans are jumping to make excuses why they don't rank. The population of your country does not limit their size. Many' many carriers operate in lots of countries, like vodafone. Your companies just aren't very good.
14. pokerc (Posts: 60; Member since: 24 May 2012)
I don't think us Americans really care who's the biggest
18. skaaatt (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Jan 2014)
I wouldn't listen to these guys. They are completely wrong on a lot of info. Tmobile is the 17th largest provider in the world at 128 mil customers verison has only 100 mil and at&t even less so it sux for at&t that the merger didn't happen