Do babies prefer iOS 6 over iOS 7?
0. phoneArena 06 Jul 2013, 13:23 posted on
Is iOS 7 so much different than iOS 6 that it confuses a...baby? Could it be that babies are predisposed to understanding skeumorphic design? Are they attracted by the brighter colors of iOS 6 as opposed to the flatter, gloss-free pastels of iOS 7? Check out the video below of a baby who has no problem with iOS 6; the baby swipes the screen and then opens up an application...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. biophone (Posts: 1956; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
This should be the new way to test phones obviously
50. ITEngineer (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
This is by no means the most ridiculous non professional article i have ever read
2. andro. (Posts: 1998; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Having seen and used an iPhone with a beta version of iOS 7 (perhaps fake but exactly similar) on it I have to say only teen girls will like it. Way to much pinks and purples. Even some of my fellow staff who fond of iOS did not like it.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I played around with iOS 7 in person and it's not as bad as I thought it was. There is way too much color for me, but it's pretty smooth nonetheless on an iPhone 5. For Q3, its either the iPhone 5S or the Note III.
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 21382; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I've decided on both Smurf. How's the wknd going so far?
43. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I wish I had the money to afford both at the same time.
44. darkkjedii (Posts: 21382; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm not rich by any means Oz, but I'm in the position to do it due to a situation at work with a bonus. I simply set some aside for it.
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 21382; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Andro have you ever had anything to say about apple/iOS, that wasn't negative? Just asking.
12. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
darkjedi, have you ever had anything to say about a android fan, that wasn't negative? Just asking.
"you are no sith bro" .. appleDOESNT.com
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 21382; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No I'm not a sith, it's just a screen name. I'm actually an adult male that lives in the real world, and enjoys PA also. And I'm an android fan, user, and owner. Thank you very much.
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
jedii tells it like it is. People won't agree with him, but it's his opinion nonetheless.
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 21382; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Thank you Smurf. I wasn't trying to offend andro, just trying to gain insight as to why he dislikes apple/iOS so much as a company, and platform. Also I've never ever read a post of his regarding apple/iOS, or it's users that wasn't negative. I'm just wondering. All that you're no sith crap, I'm aware of that lol. I'm a transit instructor/bus driver in Las Vegas...not in a galaxy far far away.
29. Topcat488 (Posts: 1396; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Well, I have too agree on the made for teen girls new icons on ios 7. 100% uhg.
38. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
The new look and feel of iOS7 may make me want to switch. Ohhhhhhhhh, how I simply look forward to skipping along some lovely road one day soon whilst playing with the new interface and finally getting to coordinate my dress with my phone's iCons.
rAiNbow here I come!!!!
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You know it's as slow day at PA when they post this.
28. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3798; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yeah! I personally think this article could've been done without. It's nonsense.
And i hate PA on weekends...it's such a drag!
5. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
The baby is cute! Was that second model an IPod Touch 5th gen?
8. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Babies don't have to use phones at all...microwave hazard is much more effective on them and may disturb growth, even if it's non-ionizing.
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
I call it child abuse, kids with such age should not touch every single techy device... They should take a deep breath to the outside world...
27. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Hey Wend how become you don't post on NokiaWp8 articles...?®
11. SamsungNewbie (Posts: 30; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I just switched to a Galaxy s3 from a iPhone 5 and my 2 year old cousin can figure out Android just fine, babies and toddlers tend to be a littlesmarter smarter than you'd think.
14. DaNTRoN (Posts: 135; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Trainers here complain about iOS7. now I won't say where I work but trust me, these are the top people with top knowledge of Apple and they are all Apple users, all complain about ios7. Sure they like the paralax wallpaper, which I enjoy on my n4, but all of them complain about how it hurts battery, which is no issue on n4.
15. affandi (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
This is very strange, I thought that iOs 7 was specifically targeting kids..
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 21382; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No, you didn't think that. You just posted that to get lol's, and green thumbs. Apple targets the mainstream consumer, not a particular demographic. Since you only got one green, I'll give you one just for trying...+1
39. affandi (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I hope you dont lose any sleep over my comment. I must have hit a really sweet spot.
40. darkkjedii (Posts: 21382; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No not at all lol, I just know why you left that comment. Your response proves it. It's all good though.
45. Rukus505 (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Actually, Apple is at a point in their success where they need to target a specific market. Making one product that fits everyone's needs or wants, is self destructive, you can't please everybody. Apples "mainstream" market seems to be slowly evolving to early teens to young adults. Afterall, it's this age group that drives advertising and marketing in America for "mainstream" corporations. This age group has their parents money at their disposal. Smart move by Apple financially, but at the cost of losing some of their aging, loyal, die hard customers. This is the age group that drives Apple's sales, of late; this is the age group that Apple will cater to in the end. After all, what middle aged man gets excited over another phone, it's materialistic. Conversely, how many teens get excited over the next shiny new phone...all of them. Target the new crop of Apple loyalists, not the aging. iOS7 and 8 and 9 will continue to target kids, and you, jedi, no offense, are not the customer Apple is looking for.
49. darkkjedii (Posts: 21382; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
K thanx. I'll remember that when they sell me my next iphone...no offense.
53. Rukus505 (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
You're missing the point, Pancho. No offense taken.
17. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Totally off topic but wouldn't it be cool if apple starts developing their competition for Google's project glass and names it iRIS.. just saying
41. artyhunt (Posts: 4; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
to be fair, the brightness on the ios 6 phone was a lot higher... little bit unfair :/
46. nlbates66 (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
I do not believe this is really a relevant test whatsoever... or article worthy...
47. Gulenkov (Posts: 49; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Poor, poor child :)) She is so surprised. Apple, you are on the wrong path)))
48. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 806; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
iPhone is obviously great but there has not been many ground-breaking innovations/changes in this OS since long. Now it has to do some catching to other already evolved OS. Once it does that iPhone would be back in the race. But for now its only a competitor to WP & not Android. Only if they start selling iPhones at less than $550, they can appeal to the masses.
51. chemhaz (Posts: 161; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I've had custom Android launchers and roms with different setting across four phones and two tablets... my young daughter worked them out on her own from the age of 2, she can play her cartoon and music on different movie players / audio app.
Either my kid is a genius or Apple will have some serious problems forcing users to transition to a new iOS.
52. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Am i the only one thinking "What sort of a Dumb-ass question is that"?