Distracted by their phone: woman falls off a pier, girl stuck in a trash chute
1. daniel_bargs (Posts: 325; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
the sony ericsson xperia active survived the water drop while the owner died.
2. ZayZay (Posts: 571; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
I see this too often where people are walking and texting and almost walk into people. Annoying when someone almost bumps me until I pretty much yell at them to watch where there going and to stop texting and walking! Obviously it can be dangerous.
4. tomn1ce (Posts: 115; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
I've seen plenty of people attempting to cross the street while texting or on a call without looking to either sides to make sure that they can cross. The funny thing is you hunk your horn at them and they get a fit like its your fault that they are so stupid to be on a phone and forget that they are in the middle of the street when they are not supposed to.
5. greyhulk (Posts: 150; Member since: 30 Jun 2010)
I'd jump into a trash chute to retrieve a $500+ phone. It would be like throwing away a good watch or jewelry, or your laptop.
8. ZayZay (Posts: 571; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Can't you just go down to the garbage where it will end up in and get it instead of jumping in a chute?
17. thephoneguy92 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
greyhulk is the next 19 year old girl to get caught in the trash
6. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1463; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
nearly died once because of my xperia arc
7. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iBet they were both using iPhones which made a baaa-haaa-aaaaa- aaaaad situation worse.
If they had been using Android, Google Location services would have warned them of the iMpending danger.
9. ZayZay (Posts: 571; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Was waiting for the first person to point out which phone they were using without actually knowing.
10. savien808 (Posts: 59; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
when i was in middle school, i walked solidly into a pole cause i was texting....i broke my phone too
11. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
i sh!t you not, my local news wgn 9, reported "woman takes long walk off of short pier"
also did you guys hear about the chef with oral cancer?
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
what a dumb idiot. people really need to get off their phone.
13. GeckoHA559 (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Some people think the world revolves around them, when you sound the horn they look up towards you turning away from their phone in the middle of the road and gesture with their arms or say 'what' followed by abuse.
14. wizzardtech (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
this women are lucky compared to what happened last year here in toronto that was hit by a truck and died because of texting while crossing the street. not at all times that the driver are focus on whats in front of them. so pls be aware of your sorroundings.
22. Mandroid (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
We call this "Darwinism". Cell phones have greatly expediated the process.
16. pongkie (Posts: 511; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
lol thats why there are times i prefer crappy phones
18. christianqwerty (Posts: 463; Member since: 05 May 2011)
Today i was walking and tweeting & i fell up the stairs at school, missing a step. i feel her pain.
19. hornetmx (Posts: 71; Member since: 12 Mar 2010)
That lady is probably gonna sue because she fell off the pier and there "should" have been some sort of fence to prevent it. Wouldnt surprise me one bit. That only applied here in the US
20. TMobileRep_52_SwaaaG (Posts: 40; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
soon we will see a new law banning people from texting whilst walking... smh...
23. greyhulk (Posts: 150; Member since: 30 Jun 2010)
Idaho already has this law. Sad, but true. It's easier to pass blanket laws and take the rights away from everyone than to actually deal with the people who can't handle the responsibility.
21. Mandroid (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Both women, hmmmmmm.....who wants to bet they were using "itouches"?
On a serious note, why the hell did the coast gaurd/fire department need to get involved? If I were in charge I would have left them there to rot with a giant golden sign proclaiming "Here lies a f***ing idiot. Died of texting." Our tax dollars at work, folks.