Displays for the next iPhone will start shipping in August, states Sharp
0. phoneArena 02 Aug 2012, 06:45 posted on
The new President of Sharp, Takashi Okuda, made the September 21 iPhone 5 release time frame seem even more plausible by stating that displays for the device will start shipping this month...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I suspect that the iPhone 5 is already being manufactured using displays produced by the other 2 vendors. One (maybe 1 1/2) month is not time to build up sufficient inventory for an end of September launch. There was a story out in July about Foxconn starting manufacture of the iPhone 5, which is more credible for a late September release.
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 16228; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I remember that article. I think ur rite.
3. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
I'm more excited about the A6-chip. A5X is also awesome as powerful, but not very battery-friendly. Hopefully, A6 will be an 28nm quad-core 1 GHz chip with around 2-4 times the Tegra 3 graphics performance.
Ah, the display... Fine by me, hopefully an IGZO or IPS with richer colors.
4. dickwyn (Posts: 603; Member since: 07 May 2012)
i think it will be an IGZO display since they had problems with the ipad 3, by now the manufacturing should be perfected
5. blazee (Posts: 384; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
"The next iphone" that could be the name of the next iphone