Display comparison: HTC One X vs iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, LG Nitro HD, Samsung Galaxy S II
0. phoneArena 09 Apr 2012, 10:05 posted on
Today we compare the displays on the HTC One X, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, LG Nitro HD, and Samsung Galaxy S II. Guess which one we liked the most...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
21. Vangmay_j (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
why not include the xperia s ? its pixel density leads them all and its a fairly good display...
25. Dejan (Posts: 17; Member since: 24 Mar 2012)
Shame on you,where is the Sony Xperia S?The phone with the highest ppi SHAME ON YOU!!!
44. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Thats right! Shame on you.....
28. protozeloz (Posts: 5381; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
This makes me wonder how the new screen on the S3 will farein terms of beauty
71. remixfa (Posts: 14178; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if you find me kissing it.. think nothing of it. :)
34. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
I think the galaxy looks good. I guess the lumia didn't fit in :(
55. -box- (Posts: 3879; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Especially for testing in sunlight... Love the ClearBlack display technology
36. r41nier (Posts: 63; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
AMOLED with 100% color accuracy is the best for me. Look at the PS VITA. It's an OLED with 98% color accuracy. It could have been the best display if it was it has 342 ppi like the Xperia S. The HTC One X is definitely the best screen on any smartphone right now. Nothing beats a calibrated display. Oversaturated displays makes pinkish skin tones look orange.
48. robcar (Posts: 78; Member since: 18 Jan 2011)
ONE X "Super-LCD 2" is a (LG) IPS screen...Phonearena must now that...
89. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
that makes me wonder...LG makes screens for its competitors but at the same time this company is not able to be competitive. The made first dual core mobile phone, first 720 screen, has huge experience...and what?
49. Cyan3boN (Posts: 425; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
with hr one s amd v already outing India, I hope they bring the one s too.
59. parthpatels007 (Posts: 53; Member since: 27 May 2011)
why isnt size of the displays considered?!
67. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
speaking of power efficiency, LCD is a lot better for web browsing because amoled really blows with white surfaces..almost 50 percent shorter browsing time than LCD.
speaking of resolution, it's a no brainer that the retina-level sharpness is not just beneficial for distinguishing small text.. smoothed edges on letters overall are just way easier to the eyes.
72. remixfa (Posts: 14178; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
this reminds me of something ive been meaning to ask..
HEY PHONE ARENA, CAN YA MAKE A DARK PAGE SO US AMOLEDS CAN READ LONGER!?!? :) lolz.
Actually, I just use pulse, it pulls all the sites and displays it in dark mode. problem solved. :)
74. a_tumiwa (Posts: 301; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
phonearena always bias apple and look down samsung
why dont you just change your site name to iphonearena.com
75. cyborg009 (Posts: 93; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
A video showing the comparision would have been great and xperia s also should have been included.. but ya thanks for the post !!
on a different note i see apple vs android battles going on here, i wonder a time would come when our phones can transform into small robots like transformers and we make them fight, no more words just raw action !!
76. Max-1363 (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 Jun 2011)
It's funny how every single test end up with s-lcd 2 outdone others!
and by the way the moment I entered phonearena.com I thought it'swww.htc.com all articles were about htc one except 1 about HTC Titan 2!!
get a life guys.
77. kamil (Posts: 115; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
I bet MBE can beat this 5 phones display easily with xperia s
78. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I'm not surprised to see Retina display among the top after a year and a half. It is Apple, after all. I am surprised though, by the advance of the HTC display. It is just as good, if not even better, as the Retina. Good job, HTC! LG is middle man, again. As for the '''great'' amoled from Samsung - the test shows it correctly. Nothing special, oversaturated and unreal colors. The only good about it is the viewing angle, but juuuust a little.
79. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
HTC ONE X all the way wins this !!
I hate the Samsung's boring colour saturation scheme that never produces original colour !!
Never seen a white colour on my friend's SGSII though always seen a yellowish colour instead!!
He was like blown out by seeing my HTC ONE X !!
Crisp and natural colours !!
80. JayRaj (Posts: 54; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
Stupid people!! Where's the Nokia Lumia 900- a screen which is proclaimed to best by people better than you when displays are concerned...?!
81. Commentator (Posts: 2502; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
The Lumia 900 does best in direct sunlight, but that's about it. It compares fairly well with the SGS II screen as far as technology, size, and resolution.
82. takay0 (Posts: 144; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
can PA make a comparison of screens tec? like the diffrents between ips LCD- super LCD- super AMOLED+ ?
the + and the -
i try to read and tried to understand what is better for me... like wich tech the colors are better and that kind of stuff
86. Erithum (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
OK ... Can anybody tell me which is the best in this comparison. Please Don't say "iPhone". :P ...
87. jonahleq (Posts: 6; Member since: 17 Apr 2012)
I was SG2 user before, the super amoled cause my eyes unconfortable for long time wathcing and not natural, very..very..poor screen...back to Super IPS LCD2.
88. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I've got amoled in my N8 (though not CBD...sadly) and I would never go back to standard tft displays. IPS is ok..but black on AMOLED is remarkable.
And those in Nokias don't oversaturate colors like those in sammy's (in my opinion of course).
91. htconeclub.com (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Apr 2012)
http://www.htconeclub.com/htc-one-x-vs-iphone-analysis-and-you/ htc one x vs iphone
good write up - what do you think?