Disney develops method to feel textures on a touchscreen
0. phoneArena 08 Oct 2013, 17:11 posted on
Disney has developed something that might change the world of touchscreen devices forever' imagine sliding your fingers down a glass touchscreen and feeling, oh, sandpaper. What those lab rats mice at Disney have come up is a method that allows a touchscreen to fool your fingers into believing that the tactile feedback you are experiencing is real...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. AwesomestMaximuss (Posts: 116; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
It has a great potential in porn...lol
12. philansel7 (Posts: 27; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Imagine yourself sliding your finger on a vigina photo ! something that might change the world of touchscreen devices forever. Amen to this !!
Innovation in porn is here !
13. Shatter (Posts: 2019; Member since: 29 May 2013)
3d 4k porn that you can touch, the future is near.
17. saffant (Posts: 219; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Porn isn't, wasn't and is never going to be even associated with innovation.
The entire act in essence is reprehensible, backward, and very primitive.
Good luck looking for "innovation" there.
15. Pancholo (Posts: 377; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Considering their test tablet's camera was a potato.
2. ocilfa (Posts: 333; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
This is absurdly cool, but I bet its going on the pile of "tech that should, but never does reach our phones".
4. MistB (Posts: 571; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
It will, maybe not now but certainly before the end of the decade trust me. Senseg demoed this technology two years ago and they said something was going into production the next year in 2012 rumoured for the IPad 3 but we all know that turned out to be a lie.
8. RomeoJDR (Posts: 237; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
This is a potential technology breakthrough that would be coveted by the masses providing any manufacturer of phones and tablets instant success by offering a unique feature that people will actual desire.... and its coming from Disney. Samsung and Apple better get busy trying to steal some of that engineering talent.
10. Stuntman (Posts: 712; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
They need to use this technology for touch screen keyboards, so I can feel the key I am about to press before I press it. Also, include pressure sensitivity, so I can touch the screen without registering a key press on the keyboard. Once my finger feels it is about to press the right key, then apply pressure and have the touch screen keyboard then register the key press.
16. xtroid2k (Posts: 359; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
innovation at its best. now we will move beyond the glass and back to feel. I want flip phones again.
20. saadgadit (Posts: 6; Member since: 23 May 2012)
Do this on real cactus :P. well it will be interesting if one wanna touch lightning from a horror movie ;)..