Disaster inbound: Nokia will not publish new Symbian themes after July 1!
0. phoneArena 29 Apr 2013, 08:31 posted on
Apparently, the people at Nokia have sold their souls completely and will now heartlessly pull the plug on yet another lovely Symbian feature - themes. Starting July 1, developer will no longer be able to publish new Symbian themes in the Nokia store...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3048; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Well, i never downloaded any themes from the Nokia store... I use other means...
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3048; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
And i use only preloaded themes. Most of them just kill the RAM unnecessarily. I don't see how this can be a disaster though...
42. Dastrix (unregistered)
I know what you mean. I actually used to go to the theme devs website and downloaded from there myself when I had my N8, even though I would download most themes from the Nokia store. I guess there are always workarounds. Just like updates, Symbian style!
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nokia, keep supporting Symbian! I don't want to see Symbian "lost in the echo"!
Geez.......where is Elop? Do something Elop!!
8. ajupurohit (Posts: 6; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Elop ?? he is the one killing the platform !!
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Symbian is dying before Elop joined Nokia.
34. asingha94 (Posts: 294; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
nokia was bounded to abandon symbian!!bcz people were getting more addicted towards android. That was a right decision for company's future.I am not ggetting biased.I also had a c7 phone.I love symbian.
39. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Symbian is dead . I used to be a fanboy of the platform but RIP Symbian
43. Dastrix (unregistered)
I totally agree. However, it is understandable and safe to say that Nokia is focusing all its efforts on Windows Phone. It's quite possibly the most logical decision for the company. After all Windows Phone = Lumia, and although it might have appeared risky at first, the ever-increasing global market share of Windows Phone provides enough evidence that the platform will keep gaining traction.
10. losersam (Posts: 5; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
It hardly matters, there are lots of themes available online than in store
16. Shrihari (Posts: 79; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
Elop the biggest fool of all the ceo's the decade has ever seen..
22. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
a guy...its some sad guy behind that troll account
26. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
So, his full name is Wendy Garrett Sue? :P
35. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
wendy = chaoticrazor , a sad attention seeker troll
37. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
awww you poor kid, you comment the same thing because you cant think of anything new
arent you getting enough attention at home little boy?
38. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I know that guy to an extend , 22 living in Gombak , Kuala Lumpur that just graduated from TAR College . I know he is a troll but he is a nice guy in real life
40. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Wendy is not his real name .
44. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
i just love to squash some troll. its my new hobby since its so annoying reading some sad stupid troll comments. you/wendy are such waste of space and oxygen, thank god you/wendy will eventually die...
45. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
aww you gotta stop flirting with me
only trolls here are you and mr wendy, but dont worry you can keep trying to get a real reaction but you need to step it up your weak childish crap is laughable
46. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
your avatar shows that you are the child here... i don't need any reaction, i'm happy enough squashing troll like you/wendy since nothing you/wendy ever wrote are useful.
47. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
seriously when are you just gonna take me on a date, the tension is killing lol
ohh and where are you squashing trollboy? you just seem to be making yourself to look a muppet......try harder and bring a real comment theres a good boy
your so outclassed kid, ohh and as for the profile pic im a 90's kid grew up on it not ashamed either was quality back in the day
48. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
yep, you're a 'kid' that never grow up, stuck in your childhood, no wonder you're always trolling, i bet your parents must be so proud... they should've use protections their whole life...
49. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
aww look at you trying to step it up by bringing parents into it.....the move of a 12 year old idiot who really cant do any better
mate i know your trying hard but your truly tragic, need to go get some friends now be a good boy and go play race cars kid
ohh and your avatar shows your just another empty troll account with little intellect and desperate for attention
32. Avenger337 (Posts: 59; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Symbian is already near retirement but with the highest honors and accompanying for many years to Former Giant Nokia when it was synonymous with prestige, quality and innovation. May God rest her soul
41. pookiewood (Posts: 628; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Really? Is this sky is falling article really needed?