Did you know you could add more apps to the Ultra Power Saving Mode on the Galaxy S5?
0. phoneArena 20 Jun 2014, 07:29 posted on
Samsung’s flagship smartphone for the year, the Galaxy S5, arrived amidst very high expectations, and while it did not have a Quad HD display or the Snapdragon 805 chip many hoped for…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1871; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Did you know that mode is actually one thing I would like to have on my Z2 :P
2. tech2 (Posts: 3111; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
It wouldn't be this effective on Z2 since this mode turns the display into black n white. On a IPS display, to have a black background would just just drain the battery even faster.
5. sgodsell (Posts: 2594; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
To sum it up the Galaxy S5 is the swiss army knife of smart phones.
8. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3683; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Yet we see idiotic comments about amoled bashing "burn-in" "pentile" "fake colors". Amoled FTW. +1
15. Genza (Posts: 478; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
I guess they are not idiots because "burn in" "pentile" "fake colors" is the truth of samsung pentile amoled display.
When it comes to OLED display RGB OLED and W-OLED is much more better than Pentile OLED.
3. Genza (Posts: 478; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
I'm not sure about this but if i'm not wrong the Xperia A2 has similar feature like the S5, called "Emergency power saving mode"
ntent.com/translate_c?depth=2& hl=id&ie=UTF8&nv=1&prev=_t&rur l=translate.google.com&sl=ja&t l=en&u=http://www.sonymobile.c o.jp/xperia/docomo/so-04f/function/usefulfunctions.h tml&usg=ALkJrhiCcv3dqMKfxiGHMq MfopoCDcWosA
7. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3683; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
No Sir, you are wrong.. Stamina mode etc. just turn things off, while s5 makes screen black and white which consumes less power as leds in amoled screen simply turn off while displaying black. Amazing tech isnt it?
9. Genza (Posts: 478; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
Lol... i know how OLED display works and samsung ultra power saving mode is not only "makes screen black and white" but also caps the processor to just two cores running at lower frequencies and limit the apps that can be use.
Xperia A2 has 2 power save mode.
1. Stamina Mode basically its turning off some application when you turn off the screen.
2.Emergency power saving mode i'm not sure about this mode but from what i'm understand this mode limit the apps that can be use and leaving you with phone, messaging, browser, email and some other apps.
If Emergency power saving mode also using some processor management it will makes the Emergency power saving mode pretty similar with samsung UPSM.
4. FCB-Eto (Posts: 33; Member since: 17 Aug 2013)
Seriously! You do know you could add and remove apps in stamina mode the same way right?Why come and act like only Samsung has this feature is beyond me almost every Oem has this option although everyone's screen doesn't turn black and white.
6. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3683; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Exactly. Everyone's screen doesnt turn b&w, thats the UPSM's biggest feat. and an amoled advantage. Others just turn toggles and sync off.
19. Busyboy (unregistered)
The HTC One M8 uses nearly the same technique as the S5's UPSM so its quite the contrary when you say "Everyone's screen doesn't turn b&w."
14. madmikepr (Posts: 136; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
Why they dont add these to tablets too ?? :)
18. gbtech (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Jun 2014)
They add this feature on the tab s 10.5 and 8.4 , I hope I've helped you
10. kkmkk (Posts: 318; Member since: 06 May 2013)
will Samsung update the note 3 with new flatter interface ??!!
12. somad (Posts: 169; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
I don't think Samsung will do that, then nothing will be left to add to the note4
13. Razrman (Posts: 68; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Actually, with the default app you can add up to three more apps as shown in the picture above, it has three more plus signs to add. It has google plus, facebook, twitter, Chat On and a few more basic ones. I guess if you want more specific apps, then you have to get the app the author mentions in his article. I just tested it and it also changes from LTE to HSPA+ on my phone.
16. techloverNYC (Posts: 601; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
One of the main reason for me buying an S5 will be this feature.
17. Furbal (Posts: 666; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
All i want is the camera in the ultra mode...