Did you know that Nexus devices are codenamed after fish?
0. phoneArena 31 Aug 2014, 15:25 posted on
Did you know that just like it uses the name of sweets like Ice Cream Sandwich (and, cough, Lemon Meringue Pie, cough) as codenames of Android releases, Google has a series codenames for all of its Nexus devices, and all of them are named after fish...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Whatever the codename is, idc as long as I can get the Nexus 6 in my hands asap!
Take me' monies
3. Beijendorf (Posts: 340; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
ORCAS ARE MAMMALS, NOT FISH! >:(
As you end the article, perhaps you should write all Nexus devices are named after aquatic creatures.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Seriously PA? This is the type of articles we complain about. Click bait and obvious articles are starting to really make it hard not to visit other sites before this one. What a shame.
8. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
For a while there, I was getting annoyed at you constantly saying this, but I'm starting to agree more by the day. This article is garbage & PA continues to pump out even more shoddy quality reporting.
26. Settings (Posts: 1501; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Another man's garbage is another man's treasure. Others will find this article very useful and informative.
29. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I don't disagree with you there, Settings. Thanks for the unbiased comment. I just think this article is indicative of the degrading level of reporting I've seen from this site over the last few months. Less quality & more filler nowadays, it seems like, but as with anything else, someone will enjoy it.
30. Settings (Posts: 1501; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Yeah. If they would also add other OEM's codes like Xperia's the article would be great too.
22. needa (Posts: 205; Member since: 30 Jun 2014)
there are new people joining in the tech scene every day. i can guarantee someone will find this blog useful.
i totally agree though... this site is horrid when it comes to a lot of thing. it has its pros and cons.
pros: one stop shop. all info, pretty much, passes through here.
cons: half of the stuff gets posted repeatedly. anyone can fart a rumor... and it will be posted on this site. lots of basic crap that a lot of us already know.
at the end of the day... i save a lot of time coming here vs eng,dl,ac,aa etc.
5. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I want to see statues of all these aquatic creatures at Google HQ!
6. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
"Naoko is a complete insomniac. She has tried everything to get to sleep. She works in her own sushi restaurant and she lives close to the Tsukiji Market, the biggest fish market in the world."
Watch the movie here:
7. johnbftl (Posts: 281; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
Hey Phone Arena, did you know Shamu isn't a type of fish? It's the mascot of Sea World. An orca, the world's largest breed of dolphin, which is a mammal. Great job with research and whatnot though! Compelling article.
11. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Really lol…take a chill pill. The thing swims and lives in the ocean.
But for your sake, and for sciences sake, (because both are the very importance of this website (/s), we will call them mammals here while we bombard the author and editor and PA itself with rotten tomatoes and bash on them for giving us such terrible and uneducated statements.
RAAAA PHONE ARENAA RAAA CURSE YOU!
/s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s
14. Enddo (Posts: 50; Member since: 26 May 2014)
Don't be mad because he is right.
It's articles like this that give the site a bad reputation
15. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
You guys are really gonna get anal over PA calling an effing swimming sea living mammal that has fins a fish? Something is wrong with you people if it makes that much of a difference to this article lol…
16. Elusivellama (Posts: 73; Member since: 26 Aug 2014)
If they can't even get a basic fact of nature correct, what makes you think they will report accurately on a complex technological product such as a smartphone?
17. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
All I'm saying is you nerds take life too seriously….
20. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 523; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
i would of said it is the BS comments that people make, arguing or complaining over tiny things that any normal person in the real world wouldnt care about.
32. Elusivellama (Posts: 73; Member since: 26 Aug 2014)
Normal person in the real world = stupid
Dolphins = fish, got it. Knowledge enhanced.
21. Commentator (Posts: 3669; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Did you read the article at all? The author makes it perfectly clear he knows the difference between an orca whale and a fish.
Furthermore, it's not like he changed the article after commenters complained because it said that before any comments were made.
Furthermore 2, the title only says "Nexus devices are codenamed after fish," not "ALL Nexus devices are codenamed after fish." The title only implies that multiple, not necessarily all, devices are named after fish, so Shamu and whatever the Nexus S and One were codenamed don't need to fall within the parameters of the title.
24. johnbftl (Posts: 281; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
The problem I have is PA, with the exception of Michael H. really sucks at researching their articles before writing them. And as I said, which is a big reason this article bothers me, the orca is neither fish nor whale. It is a DOLPHIN. Did any of you geniuses pay attention in basic biology?
28. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 523; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
You do realise coming to this site is a choice, no one is forcing you to come here. I for one appreciate PA.
31. Commentator (Posts: 3669; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
That the orca is a dolphin doesn't matter, as it's commonly referred to as a "killer whale" or an "orca whale."
If you're bothered by that, take it up with the majority of English-speaking society and leave Phone Arena alone.
10. jibraihimi (Posts: 755; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Hahahaha..... Really funny........ Hope androfans don't take it as offence, it should be taken as joke, as it was intended to be........
13. Elusivellama (Posts: 73; Member since: 26 Aug 2014)
Did you know that orcas are not fish? True story.
23. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I'm not offended by the article. I know many people that don't know that android releases are based on deserts. These are the people with cheap virgin mobile pay as you go phones.