Did you buy a Verizon iPhone 4 today?
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Feb 2011, 18:59
If you are interested in owning the device, did you make it to a store today and buy the iPhone 4 - or are you waiting until a later date to purchase it? As you're aware, the rumors of the Apple iPhone coming to Verizon are as old at the original AT&T iPhone's release. Now that it has happened, do you think it was worth the wait?
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cw0974 posted on 10 Feb 2011, 19:07 5 1
nope. I have the droid X and the iphone 4 doesn't have anything that's amazingly better than my phone. I'll wait til the iphone 5 and that see what i'll do. For now, Pass.
2. Kjayhawk posted on 10 Feb 2011, 19:09 6 1
No, even though I have an upgrade im still going to wait for the new iphone and probably be disappointed and will end up purchasing the Bionic. I at least want to give apple a chance. I didn't like my first iPhone maybe I will like the next one. I'm just glad i left AT&T
3. source (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 19:11 3 0
i was working at the launch and we sold less than 5 verizon iphones for the whole day. cant wait to see the numbers for the month.
5. source (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 19:16 1 1
also i believe att had more traffic in all their iphone launches
7. VZW Rep (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 19:39 1 1
5 all day?? How is that possible? I work at one of the slower locations in my district and we've killed that in new adds alone. Are you talking about just new contracts or are you including renewals?
14. source (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 22:40 1 0
all day thats it new contracts and renewals
22. deezy posted on 11 Feb 2011, 02:38 3 0
we were just as slow...check out the mall of america opening...2 waiting in line...I think the thunderbolt and bionic releases will be bigger
11. Verizon Customer (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 20:23 1 1
Well, all of the iPhone fanatics most likely ordered the iPhone last week, thus leading to low turnouts at the stores.
6. OSWARD123 (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 19:25 4 2
its kinda stupid to buy an iphone now cause in 4-5 months the iphone 5 will be released and it even might have 4G.... but if u want a phone , u want a phone... just don't complain when the next iphone 5 comes out. JUST SAYING
9. gree.TVXQnakk. posted on 10 Feb 2011, 20:17 1 0
Well with me I kinda don't care, because I will have 2 upgrades rolling around by then, and plus I'm not paying for these phones anyways!
8. Slammer posted on 10 Feb 2011, 19:44 1 0
Maybe it's me, but I didn't see the love today.
At 7:13 this morning, I drove by a Verizon store and counted 5 vehicles parked in the lot. At 7:27, I drove by a second Verizon and counted 3 vehicles. At 7:58, I did manage to count 6 in front of the third Verizon. I feel bad for the employees that had to be up earlier for these stores. Even if these 14 vehicles were for iphones, it isn't what I would have expected.
It may be that people could be waiting for the next iteration of the iPhone. But for those that couldn't wait, I really thought I would see more abundance of early crowds.
10. mr. droid posted on 10 Feb 2011, 20:21 1 1
the stores around here sold out of them i believe. i do not know, however how many they had in stock.
12. VzwRep1722 posted on 10 Feb 2011, 20:28 1 1
I work at a corporate store. We sold a decent amount, I sold 17 myself today but the morning turnout was not as crazy as expected.
13. BobbyTaba posted on 10 Feb 2011, 20:50 1 2
All uneducated people listen to yahoo cuz yahoo had a video about it. Im 15 an i know more about phones than yahoo writers
16. shepard (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 23:05 2 0
What's that sound???? Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh! Is that sheep?
17. VZWR (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 23:07 0 0
I also work at a corporate store, and for my whole area its safe to say the getting up at 4am, the security guards we had, and spending our whole days working was a complete waste of time. The main store in our area ended up with a decent amount but no where what they expected. Anyone who wanted an IPhone went on one of the TWO online preorders and ordered it. Once again sales reps lose another battle to our biggest competitor.......verizonwireless.com, the best sales rep because they don't make commission
24. deezy posted on 11 Feb 2011, 02:44 0 0
couldn't agree more...or when the call center tries under cutting you...saying us reps don't know what we are talking about when most of the time it's the call center who doesn't have a clue. I called in trying to get a replacement ally for a customer and the girl didn't know there was a problem with most allys (2.2 update=no SMS)
I don't think it'll require getting up early but the thunderbolt and bionic releases will be better. anyone who wanted the iphone got it on the 3rd or the 9th...
36. Billcrogenz (unregistered) posted on 11 Feb 2011, 09:41 1 1
That reminds me of that OFFICE episode when Dwight beat the computer at sales. However, I think mr.VZW won this time. No more fat commission checks like we had for the droid x.
Internet preorders only, Why couldnt they call in the order or preorder at the store, what kind of pooh pooh is that... ? ITS THE MAN!
37. ATTWkr (unregistered) posted on 11 Feb 2011, 10:23 0 0
Same things happen over at&t with us and our back offices and online sales. we all feel that pain pretty much every shift.
18. DOGIEFRESH posted on 11 Feb 2011, 00:12 1 2
Hahahahahahaha FANBOYS tell me about the mass exodus......???? when the first Iphone4 was launched it was people lined up in AT&T and APPLE STORES for that day and for 10 days in a row, the online sold out for 3 months so I wanna what excuses you all gonna say............!!!!!!!
21. Sniggly posted on 11 Feb 2011, 02:37 3 1
First of all, your Engrish hasn't improved one iota.
Secondly, none of us with brains really thought the lines would be nearly as crazy for this launch as they have in the past, for a few reasons:
1) It's winter, it's fucking cold outside, and it's only a couple of months after everyone got a second mortgage to buy all their Christmas presents. The timing was horrible.
2) The timing was horrible because all of the iFanboys know that in just four months, four STINKING months, there will be an iPhone 5.
3) The cost for most of the AT&T iFanboys to jump ship for an iPhone on Verizon would be horrendous. Most people in the US don't have that kind of money.
4) Android. Android is proving to be just as viable an option for a fun, functional smartphone OS, and since there are options ranging from more affordable than the iPhone to "just as expensive as the iPhone with features and characteristics that kill it," it's turning out to be the iPhone killer.
This is why when all the rumors were swirling around that the iPhone was coming to Verizon at this time of this year, I didn't believe it, because it was such a fucking stupid idea. But hey, in four months there will be an iPhone 5 and then we'll see what really happens. In the meantime, learn how to speak and write English, because it's really painful even reading your posts.
27. Sniggly posted on 11 Feb 2011, 02:48 0 0
Oh yeah, and estimates say that as many as a million iPhones were sold online during the preordering periods, so suck on that.
29. Sniggly posted on 11 Feb 2011, 02:59 3 0
Yes. Yes I am. I'm the evil one, though. You know, that kind of bastard who actually likes Motorola and Android. I'm also an atheist and anarchist. I eat babies and double park. ;)
32. DOGIEFRESH posted on 11 Feb 2011, 08:57 1 1
Can I have more excuses FANBOY.....???? I laughing so hard at you and all the FANBOYS.....!!!!
39. Sniggly posted on 11 Feb 2011, 12:09 0 0
What am I a fanboy of? I'm not an iPhone fanboy, I'm not fond of them. I like Verizon, but I thought it was a stupid move for them to do this release and not wait for the iPhone 5. I gave the reasons why the opening wasn't wild, which were reasons I considered before the opening when I figured that the lines weren't going to be wild.
And bai, I never said that Verizon execs had brains. :P
38. BaiGanyo posted on 11 Feb 2011, 11:34 0 0
Then why did the Mall of America store have 50 metres of freaking crowd control ropes snaking back and forth that could hold hundreds of people lined up if they weren't expecting a huge crowd? Makes no sense.
19. daddyd302 posted on 11 Feb 2011, 00:49 0 0
I was gonna get one but....... You have to agree to a 2 year contract. There is no one year contract for the iphone. Hell I didn't know we could get a one year contract until last year...... All that time I thought 2 years was the only option. Now that I know, I will only take a one contract with anyone.
23. Sniggly posted on 11 Feb 2011, 02:38 0 0
You also pay about a hundred bucks to two hundred bucks more for a two year contract. What's so bad about a two year contract anyway? If you like the service, you won't want to jump ship anyway.
20. Kevin (unregistered) posted on 11 Feb 2011, 02:00 1 0
Now everybody that wants to defend Apple is saying, well those who wanted the phone already bought it online... LOL. Really? How much of a fan boy can you be?
Already said this in the other post about iPhone sale closed within the first 2 hours, Apple stopped sales because it was nowhere close to expectations.
First video, "How do you turn it on?" Typical bandwagon.
25. Phullofphil posted on 11 Feb 2011, 02:44 0 0
5I want the iphone for the reason of just working constantly. My droid x is so tempromental i have to pull the battery once a day. Did the same with the origanal droid. The i phone is a tight package with way better game selection. I dont know why but i am waiting for somthing to pull me away from my droid x and even though the iphone 4 is probably a better phone its not that much better. It has a better camera, better design as far as looks but its just not all that great. If the iphone had mor screen i probably would just do it and get it but wow forget it i can go on forever and try and convince myself either way. I guess i am leaning toward waiting to see what this duel core stuff is going to offer with what the 5g iphone is going to offer.
26. Sniggly posted on 11 Feb 2011, 02:47 3 0
Oh god. The very fact that you said "5G iPhone" means that I cannot trust your evaluation of the Droid X being "temperamental." If it's so bad that you have to pull the battery once a day, then you're probably doing something very, very wrong.
30. 4ghomie (unregistered) posted on 11 Feb 2011, 07:23 0 0
It makes no sense to ask about numbers this way. If you ask over a year span it makes more sense. People get a chance to get out of contracts. I have to wait until April to choose a phone so just because I wasn't in the store buying it are you gonna tell me that I do or don't want one?
P.S. Today I saw these people choose between food and an iPhone. That's just crazy but hey that's what the people want lol.
31. CRICKETownz posted on 11 Feb 2011, 07:45 0 0
So now there's a 5G iPhone on its way out? Nice! Just jumped right over 4G. Gotta love Apple & their forerunning products. When you get that 5G iPhone this summer can you let us all know how fast it is?
As far as sales go i think the issue here is that the iPhone has actually been killed. I have to admit the build quality on the iPhone is pretty good though. The lack of sales is a combination of a few things:
- those who have recently upgraded are not that much of a fanatic to add a line for the iPhone.
- some understand the trends of Apple's iPhone release and are holding out.
- some customer prefer Android because of the value of the OS with most apps being free, built-in navigation, etc.
- even though Verizon finally has a device stamped with that all powerful piece of fruit...Verizon customers may have more common sense rather than jump on the bandwagon and actually do pay attention to specs to see that there are other devices that are available that do more.
look at Verizon's phone selection. you have several beasts that are high end smartphones. outside of the iPhone At&t has always had a very lack-luster smartphone line up so the iPhone seemed like Jesus Christ in a touchscreen phone. Verizon is what it looks like when you don't put all your chips on one device. the iP4 is not "thee phone to have"...its just another option. iPhone fits well in the ecosystem if you are a Mac user but if you aren't its not big of a deal. Ok...rant is over, hopefully this made sense to atleast one jackwagon who reads this.
33. androidisbetter (unregistered) posted on 11 Feb 2011, 09:06 0 0
I work at a location that sells vzw, att, and tmobile... we do not sell the iphone here at all.. and we blew out 18 activations yesterday.. about 95% android devices.. I said all along android is so much better than ios. yesterdays launch proved that... just wait till the bionic and thunderbolt launches.
34. Billcrogenz (unregistered) posted on 11 Feb 2011, 09:32 0 0
They need to drop the price to 150.00 to avoid more losses. Apple doesn't help they make 200% profit on the device that is a year old already. If we do not lower the price, this will be a very embarrising month for us, it already was a bad day yesterday. I did not sell one Iphone yesterday. Maybe People are too broke they rather have a CPO. I remember when I was to broke for a macintosh, so I built my first clone PC.
I still hold the record for giving away lg cosmos phones. (LG you owe me lol) feature phones are still a no brainer to the average joe, that is not an applehead/android geek or crackberry affecionado. Plus At&t is a master at avoiding churn, they must be throwing everything at their customers to avoid cancelations. Tmobile is giving stuff away for the next two days too. We need something dynamic to happen quick here Peeps
35. Billcrogenz (unregistered) posted on 11 Feb 2011, 09:36 0 0
I know what you guys are thinking, man this geek can't spell..!
40. Windsponge posted on 11 Feb 2011, 17:03 0 0
I never buy at stores they have always been rude and not helpful... Maybe its your attitude.
42. billcrogenz (unregistered) posted on 12 Feb 2011, 11:04 0 0
I don't work at a store fool! I got no calls for the iphone all day idiot.
41. jherz6 posted on 12 Feb 2011, 00:34 1 0
I agree with the general opinion, and that is the iphone while selling well was not worth the wait. Except for a design change its really no different then it was three or four years ago. I played with one today at a local VZW store and found it very, very slow in loading web pages, and navigating web pages. Apple has not listened to the consumer as far as making changes to its design. Such as being able to change the battery yourself, and being able to expand the memory. I'll Pass also.
43. Beezy (unregistered) posted on 13 Feb 2011, 01:04 0 0
hate to say it but any apple product wont be able to compare to an android phone, yea it may have crashed verizons network but thats only cause dumb people go after a phone just cause it has apple on it..you people wasted your money and when the thunderbolt an bionic come out, ha you will wish you would have waited...yea as you can see im totally antiapple...until they make something that will be able to beat out an android, which is never!!