Did Stephen Elop just become the presumptive next CEO of Microsoft?
1. asingha94 (Posts: 220; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
What the f**!!The deal announced at perfect time!!So that was the plan!!
7. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 4729; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The penultimate mole - drive Nokia's share price into the toilet and then MS swoops in for the kill.
CEO would be a fitting reward. Benedict Arnold is green with envy.
20. timepilot84 (Posts: 33; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
He should be lauded for saving Nokia from the Symbian/MeeGo s**t show.
2. gigantos (Posts: 9; Member since: 25 Jul 2013)
Bill Gates should make a better choice, someone ouside, more innovative.
5. lalalaman (Posts: 135; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Only time will tell...these articles are useless for now:)
3. Commentator (Posts: 1869; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Considering Ballmer made his choice to step down knowing full well that Nokia would be bought out, no, I can't imagine anyone can "beat Elop for the Microsoft CEO position."
Although, I can think of quite a few commenters on these boards who would like to beat him in another sense of the word...
(Myself excluded, of course. Violence is never the answer, and so-forth...)
4. Cyan3boN (Posts: 418; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Microsoft is already doing well in the Enterprise segment, It's the consumer market they have to focus on, and elop seem to be doing a good job at it.
9. 7thspaceman (Posts: 718; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
As soon as Nokia bought it's shares from Siemens i figuered that Microsoft would buy out Nokia because.siemens was a problem holding bact the deal. Folks although it seems Mr Elop may get the Microsoft CEO position Balmer is voluntarilly retiring from do not under estimates Mr Gates strategy. Elop has hewn his skill as a CEO who can run a hadware company. Gates may keep him working for Microsoft in that capacity because they need a guy who can handle hardware creation and manufacturing.. Gates and the rest of the CEO search group.may shock the hell out of everybody including Mr Elop by giving another Microsoft Honcho the CEO Job. I will bet bet my behind that will happen. .
10. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1512; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
E(F)lop ate Nokia, possibilities are more that he becomes a MS CEO.
11. volcano (Posts: 196; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
its more clear road for him to take the CEO Position at microsoft
12. Timmehor (Posts: 598; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Yep, Elop will probably be the next reigning King of Microsoft. He's better than Ballmer that's for sure, and of course Bill Gates will NOT be the next CEO. Elop here we come.
18. kanagadeepan (Posts: 517; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
He sold Macromedia to Adobe, Nokia to M$.. I wonder to whom he will sell M$ to when he (if at all) becomes M$ CEO?
19. Timmehor (Posts: 598; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Hahah, good point, no one can simply buy Microsoft, they are too big!
14. Loubielou (Posts: 114; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Nokia made the Worst decision ever choosing Mr Elop as Chairman,but its the Nokia Board that needs to take the Full Blame in the Decline at Nokia,The Board must have a contact with Microsoft knowing the were willing to Invest some money into Nokia,Thats why the Decision on the 11th Febuary will always Haunt the Nokia name announcing" Symbian is Dead",so they could just help Microsoft improve there Portfolio as they were miles behind Apple,who were succesful in the PC an Mobile Market,Microsoft were not as popular so they choose Nokia to help them,an ever since Windows as not so popular with Consumers,so glad i Chose Android after the Brilliant Symbian Nokia N8
15. joey_sfb (Posts: 1477; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Elop is the excellence choice for Microsoft. what's stopping him from selling Microsoft out. lol... check that guy history. he sold Macromedia to adobe among others.
16. Seo_Joo_Hyun (Posts: 65; Member since: 14 Jul 2013)
is this a joke ??? , i slept and woke up and hell happend
17. kanagadeepan (Posts: 517; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
A very very talented SPY as a Prime Minister of a Kingdom??? I don't think he deserves that post, as Elop has got very bad name (and even now confirmed as a Trojan Horse sent to Nokia to degrade it and buy for much much cheaper price than say Skype) and it will give bad image to M$.
Only Billy has to return to bring M$ back to the olden days, else nothing more to say, imho...