Did Sanjay Jha say that Motorola will ship a 2GHz phone in 2010?
0. phoneArena 10 Jun 2010, 15:59 posted on
Motorola has apparently decided to challenge the iPhone with a 2GHz Android phone featuring 10.1 Flash support, a gyroscope and much more...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. solidkevin (unregistered)
lol why does everything have to challenge Iphone? Just be yourself....As I see it, now matter how good a phone they have apple will continue to dominate because they have a hold of the masses, not to mention their sleek and easy to use UI and no other app store comes even close to the iPhone's, the company that will beat apple will have to have their handset be better than apple in the hardware department, better are equal UI, and an equal app store. For now I dont see anyone doing that, perhaps android in the future but apple is just gonna keep improving and improving as well. INB4APPLESUCKSANDROIDSYMBIAN4LIFE!!!! Losers.....
3. chris2283 (Posts: 16; Member since: 28 Feb 2010)
Seriously if an android phone gets released by motorola that sports a 2ghz processor and graphics chip that alone is worth buying over any crapple iphone 4 or iphone 5 or whatever they make, apple is always 1 step behind all other devices that are made. So you sayin apple and iphone is superior to everything else makes you sound like a douch.
4. whocares (Posts: 235; Member since: 19 Dec 2009)
processors dont mean anything when most of the consumers dont even know what a processor is.
6. ILOVEIPHONE25 (unregistered)
2ghz doesn't matter if the phone sucks. and what about the battery? I am not impressed with the droid..its heavy and just ugly..my opinion
8. Gowireless (Posts: 85; Member since: 23 Feb 2010)
its heavy lol yeah its metal not like your iphone thats made out of plastic with a glass screen i like how they showed the new iphone with a cracked screen after it fell on the floor iphone sucks
16. theman414 (Posts: 132; Member since: 08 Jun 2009)
How is apple always one step behind, when they are the very reason in just a few years we have all these great touch phones that can do just about anything for only $199? They are the reason other manufacturers had to innovate, carriers had to stop crippling phones (i.e. Verizon), and all carriers had to drop prices. Competition is good! I hope Android keeps getting better. Imagine what Apple, Android, and Windows will have in a few more years. I use to be an Apple hater until I tried their products. Their UI's are so simple, effective, and reliable. That's what most users want.
27. BlackberryUser (Posts: 609; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
Apple started out 10 steps ahead with the innovative design of the iPhone and now they are at least 1 or 2 steps behind the competition. ... Consumers may not understand a processor, but they understand fast. ... Android does need to work on it's battery life and manufacturers should start including larger batteries. ... As for metal design, they said it will have all the bells and whistles, nobody said it will be a Droid 3. New design....
40. solidkevin (unregistered)
Wait are you calling me a hater? Please explain how im a hater, you can check every single iphone article and you'll find someone hating, people like to hate on popular things, it gets to the point where its annoying.
41. solidkevin (unregistered)
1 or 2 steps behind wont mean much, plus I dont even think they are behind at all, the main complaint about apple was the hardware and they are now getting better and will continue to get better, I think they are on top because of the UI and the app store which IMO nothing else compres, android is pretty damn close though.
2. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
sounds cool, but more importantly how much RAM will be on this new phone?? Hopefully 512MB to 1GB.
5. ILOVEIPHONE25 (unregistered)
this sounds awesome BUUUTTTTT, what about the battery life? I don't care if u have a 5 gig processor but if the battery last 4 hours then whats the point? Technology has to move in sync, technology for batteries have to leap faster then it is right now
7. jherz6 (Posts: 215; Member since: 23 May 2008)
Excuse me but it seems its the iphone thats doing the chasing ,but still behind the 8 ball. The Moto Droid has a 5 mega camera and a 700 mhz processor and is still faster then the 3gs and has a better camera. the incredible has a 8 mega camera and a 1g processor which also smokes the iphone. The 4g has a 5 mega camera and is doing things to become faster, so who is chasing whom? Lets not forget the droid was Time mag's number one new gadget for the year where the iphone was number 4 . The app store? Of course the iphone has a bigger selection look at how long its been around, but is it open source? I dont think so. Consumers are a lot smarter than there given credit for so yes may not all know what a processor is, but they are sure concerned with how fast it works. So lets face it the droid IS the iphone killer, and it has to keep inproving because it isnt the handset of choice anymore and it has to surpass the droids, so it can regain its crown.
11. cwiley5045 (Posts: 16; Member since: 07 May 2010)
Just like to correct you because you taking specs from the EVO 4G and giving them to the not so incredible. Incredible has a 5MP and EVO 4G has the 8MP with 1.3MP in front. Not trying to step on anyone feet just wanted to facts correct.
17. theman414 (Posts: 132; Member since: 08 Jun 2009)
Seriously, The Droid is like the iphones ugly cousin, that has some jealousy issues.
19. MikeG77 (Posts: 373; Member since: 24 Nov 2008)
Cwiley5045 your actually wrong in regards to the Incredible. The Incredible has an 8 mp camera and the Moto Droid has a 5 mp camera.
20. xstr8killa187x (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Jun 2010)
Um get ur facts str8 buddy. The incredible does have a 8MP cam, I should know I work for verizon and sell them like crazy whenever we have them in stock . . .
21. blackirish24 (Posts: 15; Member since: 24 Dec 2008)
before you open your mouth know your facts. droid incredible has 8mp camera and ghz processor, moto droid has 5mp camera (which is almost standard for any smartphone out now). evo 4g has a larger screen and front facing camera. hdmi output. pretty much only difference between incredible and evo.
24. E.N. (Posts: 2381; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
What are you getting your facts from? It's already been established that the iphone 3GS with its 600mhz processor is faster than the Droid's and Nexus One's 1Ghz snapdragon.http://www.redmondpie.com/nexu
s-one-blown-away-by-iphone-3gs-in-browser-speed-test-9140313If you look for the comparison between the Droid and iphone 3gs on phonearena, you will see that the picture quality of the iphone 3GS 3 megapixel camera is superior to the Droid's 5. Look it up if you don't believe me. And Android plays dirty. Apple gets app store, Android gets Android market. Apple gets touch to focus on their camera, and now Android (or at least the EVO) does that. Apple announces their gyroscope only THREE days ago and Android is already planning on copying that. Makes no sense. If anybody is following anybody, its Android following Apple.
28. BlackberryUser (Posts: 609; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
Who cares who follows who? Bring us better phones and keep us happy.
29. vzw fanman (Posts: 1973; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
i bet it's not "faster" than my 1200 mhz droid. :-). I'm skeptic of the camera tests. the camera lense on the droid is prone to smudging and fingerprints, this could have drastically affected the results.
32. plyfulgentleman (Posts: 43; Member since: 17 Jul 2008)
l/mobile_story.jsp?Id=89971st of all i'd like to share the above link from a reputable cell phone site like phonearena ofhow the moto droid beat the 1st iphone in sales. 2nd of all we are talking about OS here...right? So in that case we're talking about iPhone OS and ANDROId OS rite? So my point is simply this why do each of the iphone fannies here get all irked up when we android users bring up myTouch, EVO, moto droid/incredible, and finally nexus1...is it our fault that the consumer has a choice of which ANDROID'S' (emphasis mines) phone we want, and for which carrier, and what form factor...and ya iphone fannies are jusbstuck with 1, which is on a horrible network, poor call quality, and just 1 choice.?..oops sori let me take that back 2 choices w/ da release of iPhone 4(again w/o the g, cuz its really not 4g...jus a wanna be, emphasis mine again). Let me be perfectly straight and blunt here. I admit app market robust hands down agreed...but wats the point if ya can't even access the network to use apps that require it. Yes kool design I agree...but only choice...android its like almost 15 handsets from various companies. I'm sori wen ya beloved cell company. Loses the exclusivity frm iphone wat will AT&T do now? Ahhhh ohh meee oohhh my......duhhh da duhhhhhhh! And that's all folks....even AT&T is asking for more ANDROID phones...why the inevitable is happening...ANDROID PHONES RULE!
35. E.N. (Posts: 2381; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
1. If those figures are true, then good job to the Motorola Droid, even though the iphone sold for $600 in June/July while the Droid sold for $199 in the holiday season....just saying 2. Sometimes it gets kind of confusing. Sometimes when I ask why Android OS over iPhone OS, people sometimes list keyboard, bigger screen, and 5 or 8 megapixel camera in the list, so your comment applies to Android users as well. And the EVO is another example. Are people saying that the EVO is better than the iphone 4? Are people saying Android in general is better than iOS4? Are they saying both? When people say the iphone has catching up to do to Android are they talking hardware wise as in iPhone 4, iphone 3GS, etc or are they talking about iOS4? And the increasing number of Android devices is a turn-off for me. The more Android phones are created, the messier the Android market becomes. Apps that look perfect on the myTouch 3G will look distorted on the EVO. Apps that look perfect on the EVO will need additional work to make it look its best on the myTouch. This is why games are not taking off in the Android Market and this is why Apple is not increasing their screen size. While Android phones are increasing screen size, Apple is taking an alternative route in making the iPhone thinner and clearer. Although this is an extreme case (since the iPad is many times larger than the iPhone) apps from the iphone don't look good on the ipad because there is extra space remaining in the ipad's screen and also the pixels are stretched. That's why the iPad has its own set of apps. Are all developers going to make separate apps for each different Android phone? Not going to happen.
36. E.N. (Posts: 2381; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Check this link out:http://developer.android.com/g
uide/practices/screens_supportHere you'll see all the facts the Android developers have to keep in mind when developing Android applications. And just keep in mind that all these have to do with screen size ONLY, think about all the other more important things that developers should be worrying about. And get this, for screen size, developers have to choose between small, medium, and large. For aspect ratio they have to choose between long and not long. Extremely precise and accurate for the consumers right? Wrong. With the iphone, I'm pretty sure there are things to consider in relation to screen size when developing, espeically now with the retina display since developers are going to have to go back to the apps and edit their pictures and images to take advantage of the increase in pixels. But I'm positive that its not as much of a hassle as it is for Android developers. How annoying it must be to develop for Android when you know that there are like 30 different handsets. I wanted a 3.7 inch screen for the iphone 4, but if that happened, every single one of my current apps would have been screwed. So if the iphone 5 or whatever its called has the same screen size with only increased pixels or whatever, you'll know why. In a way Apple is kind of stuck with their screen....but stuck in a good way because developers are obviously happy. .html
9. AaronWasHere (Posts: 36; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
Ahhh yes, the fanboy-ism that is PhoneArena... Iphone4 = same sh*t, different shiny packaging. Android is going to be the future and there really isn't anything Jobs is going to be able to do about it. Apple gets to play catchup to Android now, now the other way around.
10. whocares (Posts: 235; Member since: 19 Dec 2009)
You need to recheck your numbers. 1v1 iphone dominates any android phone in sales.
14. zerglisk (Posts: 544; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
He said android is going to be the future, so any numbers you are referring to technically count as "history".
15. zerovampire311 (Posts: 42; Member since: 22 Jun 2009)
YOU need to recheck your numbers. The majority of the smartphone market now belongs to Android phones. Sure, against any individual phone, the iPhone outsells, but nobody really cares about phone sales, it's all about the operating system. 20 different droid phones, many of which with superior hardware > 3 iPhones.
18. theman414 (Posts: 132; Member since: 08 Jun 2009)
They said the same thing about the ipod. I'm sure almost everyone you know owns one!
26. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
@theman414 - gave up my ipod touch a long time ago brotha...my android phone took its place and syncs well with my itunes without any downloaded apps...im just sayin
37. E.N. (Posts: 2381; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
technically, he said everyone you know, not including yourself. jk jk
12. josuearisty (Posts: 148; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
mmm ill be waitin for more info, before gettin exited
13. zerglisk (Posts: 544; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
2GHz with Tegra Nvidia GPU? omg.. this phone will be more powerful than a netbook!
22. ibap (Posts: 714; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Not the biggest Apple fan in the world, but for me, the iPhone's biggest problem is ATT.
33. plyfulgentleman (Posts: 43; Member since: 17 Jul 2008)
Finally....some1 who makes sense that doesn't confuse substance with function...way to go
25. wade1968 (Posts: 224; Member since: 12 Apr 2010)
i think ill sit back and wait this sounds like its gonna be the biggest battery hog ever. id like to see a balance of fast and zippy with long battery life because daily phone recharging sucks.
31. android#1 (Posts: 74; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
iphone 4 has already been beat, first by droid, then droid incredible, then the Evo, i just hope this new motorola wont crush my Evo too hard or at least have some specs inferior to the Evo
34. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I for one don't see any point on this. 1GHZ for Android is already fast enough in everything? Why would you need more than that? From what I saw everything worked flawlessly on all the N1\Desire\incredible phones out there. There are only two reasons to upgrade to a better processor: 1. Android suddenly becomes much more graphically intensive - something I don't see will happen, given that HTC sense is already as graphicaly intensive on a phone as can ever be. 2. Games become more graphically intensive. That is also something I don't see will happen, since mobile gaming is made for casual gaming here and there. No phone will be your XBOX 360. So is it worth it imo to buy a phone purely because it has higher MHZ, when anything else out there does fine with the current software? No.
38. zuno gyakusatsu (Posts: 257; Member since: 16 Mar 2010)
doesnt matter what processor they slap in it, its still a piece of shit with the motorola stamp on it. if they are lucky MAYBE half of them will function without issues.
39. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Don't be ridiculous - the Milestone\Droid is an awesome phone. And it's running 2.1, and only has 550 MHZ by default (you can OC it to 1200). And it's running very smoothly. -1 to you sir.
42. solidkevin (unregistered)
I love how people give me thumbs down because of my opinion, I think apple is the best right now, bug deal, its not like im bashing symbian or android, I love android in fact! Its just the amount of apple haters are ridiculous, and most are for stupid reasons, I once talked to someone and they said "I hate ipods", I ask why?, they said "because everyone has one", I just kept my mouth shut LOL, if he would have said. "well im not a big fan of itunes, and I prefer other mp3 players that have better sound quality" I would have taken that answer, nut because everyone has it? LOL I dunno people are just haters, whether its android, apple or whatever, be happy with what you have.
44. ilia1986 (unregistered)
No sir I WILL NOT be happy with what I have, since I have a crappy Nokia 5800, which is a poor excuse to "copy the iphone". Because of that I WILL NOT buy another single Nokia product in my entire life. So wether it is Android or iPhone - it doesn't matter that much - since they are both AWESOME platforms. The same cannot even be remotely said about anything else.
45. solidkevin (unregistered)
Cant argue with you their my friend, I had both the N97 and 5800 both sold after a few days.