Did Nokia CEO Stephen Elop just hint at a Windows tablet in production?
The latest hint comes right from Stephen Elop, who has given the following statement during an AMA session with Engadget:
Sure, one has to try really hard to look beyond the words and identify this as a "Yes, we're currently working on a Windows 8 tablet" statement, but it's also true that the CEO isn't denying anything. Plus, looking at how positive he is about this whole Metro/Modern issue, there must be some pretty good things coming from Nokia. Let's just hope they'll come sooner rather than later!
1. -box- (Posts: 3566; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
That would be great, but would also make choosing which Windows 8 tablet to get that much harder!
23. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
yeah!! a lumia-inspired tablet!! really amazing!!!
but im also waiting for a 7" one with WP8 on it! :)
24. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
". ALso,the visibility of the "Metro" (ooops, can't call it that) experience isgoing to drive a lot more visibility for our products. "
it all make sense now!! heard some rumors that nokia will apply metro/modern UI to symbian or s40!!!
/44011.htmlits chinese so just use bing translate
just remove the "dot" after mynokiablog
30. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Has Nokia ever even made a tablet cause is they didn't, that'd just be sad ( no wonder they were falling and almost had to shut down, remember?) or was that another company?
Meh, whateva :|
2. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1037; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
So basically they will make a tablet... Eventually? Well im grabbing the best on Oct. 26th. Better see ya there Nokia or else see ya later.
3. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Headlines: Nokia Lumia Slate packs an Intel Core i5 Processor, 8.7MP PureView Camera and 10" PureMotion 1080p HD+ Display - 10 Hour Battery Life, 2 USB 3.0 Ports at $599.
8. -box- (Posts: 3566; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
That would be super, though I wouldn't mind more processor choices. Intel's great, but I've had better luck lately with AMD.
Also, at least 8GB RAM would be just fine.
10. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
what the? 8gb of RAM?! lol. i picked core i5 because i7 would be overkill for an intro tablet.
12. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Compared to Intel processors, AMD are more power efficient. :)
5MP front facing camera. 8MP rear
8.9" True HD-IPS LCD, with Puremotion and ClearBlack Display
10000mAh Li-Po batteries
16. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
not really well versed with AMD so I'd like not to comment on something I don't know of. haha. but I'm really happy with Intel's HD Graphics and performance so that's what I said. If an OEM produced one with an Nvidia GPU with a reasonable price, I'm totally in. I want Resident evil 6 so much.
18. downphoenix (Posts: 2232; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Unless you consider their APUs for integrated graphics/cpu solutions, AMD is not more power efficient than Intel, at all. And even then, the APUs are less efficient than the Intel processors with Intel HD graphics. But the AMD Radeon integrated graphics are so much better than the Intel HD, they aren't better than nvidia, but usually to get a gaming Laptop, if you want Nvidia you're usually spending at least $700 on it, you can find an AMD APU in a laptop that's as cheap as $400 sometimes.
26. -box- (Posts: 3566; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
8.9" is too ipad-ish. Having owned (and sold) a 10.1", I think 11-12" is a good size if the bezels aren't too large. Not expecting 16:9 or 21:9 (though that would be swell) but just a tad larger than the norm would really set it apart
29. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
well coz 8.9 to 9.7 is i think the standard to tablet! but 10.1 is still acceptable... 11-12" is huge! and might be heavy too!
28. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i dont know if i agree with you, the only problem with intel even this i3, i5 and i7 is heating! AMD dont!
but i still dont know if AMD make a processor that is optimize for tablet..
25. -box- (Posts: 3566; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I say 8GB because then it'll run pretty much every PC game I own at "high" settings, so it would be an acceptable mobile experience in contrast to my desktop which has 32GB of RAM, plus 32GB SanDisk ExpressCache and 1TB ReadyBoost. I admittedly overindulge myself when it comes to computer upgrade, it's one of my few vices.
13. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
that would give me a techgasm man
14. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
All is good, but I still don;t get why we need a 8Mp camera on a tablet?
17. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
okay, a 3MP one? haha. I use the cameras on my prime for sharing pictures. i don't really care looking like a douche, :)
5. JKING_25 (Posts: 52; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
No matter what I am getting the Surface. It was the first tablet to blow me away. The idea of Microsoft actually making there own hardware is just too good to be true.
31. JKING_25 (Posts: 52; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
You got me there. I love my X-Box 360, and Zune was an incredible product but it could not compete with the iPhone and Web TV was innovating.
I cannot wait for the surface :)
6. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
It's been almost two years or so since the idea of nokia-made tablet existed. I hope elop's not doing this again to build up some hype doesn't really have some product to sell.
9. -box- (Posts: 3566; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I'd say a bit longer than two years... There were rumors of a tablet when Nokia was building their Booklet 3G netbook, thought not very widespread or well-supported
11. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
there were netbooks released by nokia :)
19. Gadgety (Posts: 20; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
"the common user experience ... is something that is going to encourage users to expect a common digital experience.." Say, what? Elop, sounds like one of these CEO circular arguments...
22. lubba (Posts: 1310; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
And I'll bet it'll be exclusive to ATT. Here's what's gonna happen, if I switch carriers, moving from Tmo to ATT, gonna get myself the iPhone 5.
27. -box- (Posts: 3566; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
The iphone4Stretch aka iphone5 isn't worth the switch. Higher rates, no unlimited data, and no discount for unsubsidized devices. Larger network and LTE are nice though, and cheaper phone prices on contract.