Did Apple pay $21 million to use the Swiss Railway Clock design?
0. phoneArena 10 Nov 2012, 21:31 posted on
News Agency AFP says that Apple paid $21 million for the rights to use the Swiss Railway Clock design in iOS 6; the Swiss railroader was curious to know why Apple had decided to use the iconic design of its clock without authorization...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
Well that's normal, Apple now is a huge gold mine and every1 invoved will try to ... well... mine it.
From now all we will see often that Apple makes huge ridiculous payments, but not so ridiculous for some people in Apple ruling class.
8. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
They waste Money as much as the sue and get sued
16. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
I have to agree with this one...$21 million for a clock design? Sounds like another Forstall deal.
2. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Apple has way too much money so why do they think they need to sue anyone?
3. Ravail (Posts: 182; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
Apple is scared of Android manufacturers and Google, so they are doing whatever they can (suing) to stop the development of the Android platform.
On another note, its bad for customers.. Competition is good for technology.. It keeps it advancing.
5. KIANO (Posts: 73; Member since: 13 Feb 2011)
Apple has deep pockets. Therefore it's not a question of worth to pay or not.
Probably, for them, it's a must have that design, 'look and feel'.
6. tedkord (Posts: 9949; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
A clock design is worth $21 Million, but technology that your device would not work without is only worth a tenth of a penny per device?
Kinda makes sense. Apple always has been about style over substance.
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10409; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Best comment I've read so far this month.
10. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
First time i read that article on PhoneArena is when the swiss company decided to enter in a friendly deal with Apple.
13. kach22 (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Apple almost got away with another stealing. Thanks to the SBB, for catching them when no one was looking. I wonder about other loots which is still in the sack.
14. djstammo (Posts: 16; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Apple isn't the saint all know it. They asking to close polish FOOD website because of it's name a.pl. This company have the only one connection with Apple - they are selling real apples for food. The end *.pl is national ending of web addresses so do Apple can say what to do or not in national scale?
15. nvrhde (Posts: 77; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
Is there any keyboard App with Arrow keys in Apple apstore
(I used in Android 2 years ago)
Funny Question ha
Just releasing my Anger over Iphone As i got an iphone
6 months ago Since than i miss my SGS every day
17. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10409; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You can always switch back you know....
20. nvrhde (Posts: 77; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
I got this damm contract
But Jus 1 more year to go
18. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
What an "I"nnovative company ... couldn't come up with it's own design for clock ?
19. aakashram2001 (Posts: 14; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
yes its true the so called applle co shpwed how they make easy money and every one now trying their luck. but be careful all these action of the companies will becomes and living example and this inturn will be used in fututre to make more money