Developers have the Apple iPhone as their first preference, but overall prefer Android
0. phoneArena 28 Aug 2013, 12:26 posted on
Developers still prefer the Apple iPhone and the smartphone version of Apple's mobile OS remains the first preference of code jockeys around the world'; that is according to a survey conducted by research firm Forrester who spoke with 765 software developers who write mobile apps. However, more developers have the iPhone in mind to write for first...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
16. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 530; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Good to see developers are considering WP.
2. mrfamous1 (Posts: 26; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
Apple iPhones is the best phones period...... less issues = happier people.
3. jove39 (Posts: 1130; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
One of best phones...not "...the best phone..."
4. Zero0 (Posts: 533; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
My iPod touch was once wiped on update.
My iPad had issues with force closing. Maybe the developers didn't know what they were doing. The main problem apps were Safari and iBooks.
My brother is currently experiencing iMessage problems.
The only issues I've had with my Nexus 4 are the direct result of (incorrectly) installing CyanogenMod.
11. Whateverman (Posts: 3061; Member since: 17 May 2009)
The diehard Apple fanboys will never admit it, but yeah... My iPad force closes 10 times A DAY! Don't get me wrong, I love it. But the Nexus 10 or Note 12 (if the rumors are true) will be my next tablet. Maybe even a WP tablet, who knows.
12. Sauce (Posts: 428; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
The diehard Android fanboys will never admit it, but yea... My Nexus 10 force closes 10 times A DAY! Don't get me wrong, I love it. But the iPad or Note 12 (if the rumors are true) will be my next tablet. Maybe even a WP tablet, who knows?
13. Whateverman (Posts: 3061; Member since: 17 May 2009)
It appears I have a new fan, lol! That's good info on the Nexus 10, but I'm talking about the second generation whenever it comes out. But I will ask around to see how bad the current Nexus 10 force closing issue is.
27. therealestboy (Posts: 47; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Very unlikely that you own an ipad. Force closing is extremely rare on ios.
29. DukeX (Posts: 323; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Im sorry but a simple Google search says otherwise. Don't fool yourself. Guess we don't breathe air too....
38. Whateverman (Posts: 3061; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Why would it be unlikely that I own an iPad? Do iPhone users have exclusive rights to purchasing I devices or something. Just because I think Android is a superior OS dosen't mean I use only Android. I like all technology and have the right to critque it if it falls short. Stability is an area, at least on the ipad, where Apple needs to improve.
Just like the good people below are saying, it happens and it happens a LOT! You can not believe me of course but it's true.
33. Shatter (Posts: 1652; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Friend iphone force closes the internet browser all the time.
20. McLTE (Posts: 588; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I have friends/coworkers complain all the time about their iPhones/iPads/iPods - mainly with the horrible issues with syncing music, movies, transferring filies, and anything like that.
I tell them. Hmm.. with my Android phone, you could just plug it into ANY PC USB slot and transfer to your hearts content. :P
23. tedkord (Posts: 3409; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
My friend at work (who just last year switched to a Note II after having an iPhone since the OG) used to joke all the time about the iPhone force closes. The app would fc, and he would say that apparently the iPhone decided he was done using that app and who was he to argue with the iPhone.
I also remember him tapping an icon, then talking it repeatedly until it finally opened.
But, the reason he switched was screen size, removable battery and SD card. Secondary reasons were drag and drop/not needing iTunes to install apps and customizability and being more like a PC.
28. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 438; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Not trolling you, but how did you bone flashing CM on a Nexus? I trust you have done a complete wipe and reflash?
36. Zero0 (Posts: 533; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I upgraded to 10.2 and thought it was okay to do a dirty flash. (Stupid, I know, but I was too lazy to backup and restore.)
Had some minor issues for a while (occasional force closes, two clock apps), and eventually it just crapped out.
42. roscuthiii (Posts: 1602; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I have quite a few work colleagues now that have jumped all-in to Apple... periodically throughout the day I hear them grumble, "damn iPhone/iPad", but then turn around trying to sell our manager on how great Apple is and that she should trade in her rugged flip-phone for an Apple.
Honestly, I can say I've never heard her grumble about her phone to this date, and it's worked reliably no matter where she is. Now that I have a tablet for entertainment & media consumption, she's got me thinking about giving up the smartphone altogether for a simple reliable feature phone.
7. ady_lad (Posts: 47; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
Dream on mate...How about no issues with Android or WP8 and no Apple communism.
9. buccob (Posts: 725; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
did you read the article? did you understand the graphics?.
you are incorrect in your grammar and your statement... Anyway it might be the "best phone in your opinion" or the "best at some features"... but definitely not the "best period"
15. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 530; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Its personal preference buddy.
it might be best for you because its satisfy your need easily.
your best may be worse for offers and vice versa.
but true its one of the best phone available to date.
34. Shatter (Posts: 1652; Member since: 29 May 2013)
It think you meant to say best brand brainwashing?
5. jove39 (Posts: 1130; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
No wonder...there is just one flagship iPhone every year and devs don't have to worry about several diff versions of hardware as in Android!!!
6. davenycept (Posts: 83; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
IPhone is very good but just not top of the line android
14. amilcarmz86 (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
The iphone is boring and simple, you cannot customize that phone as you can do with an android.
50. amilcarmz86 (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
i guess you have all the apple products, how does it feel to be ripped off ?
18. DukeX (Posts: 323; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
I swear developing apps for IOS is like cheating. Developers don't have to do much for app to be working correctly since it's only a few Idevices. Making them lazy when it comes to an android version. This is turn tricks people into thinking ios apps have soooo much work put into them but how can you think that when it's only a few ios devices? It's that false sense of quality people who buy apple products get when they use "TEh APPZORZ
39. E.N. (Posts: 2216; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Lol so it's Apple's fault that the Play Store sucks and developers are lazy. Wow, leave it to the android fan to bash Apple for everything, even when it's clearly Google's problem to fix.
BTW It's not a "false sense" of quality. The higher quality of apps in the AppStore is very real.
45. DukeX (Posts: 323; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Lmao where did i say it's apples fault? Leave it to an ifan to mix up someone else's words to seem right. Face it. Developers are lazy. They don't want to code for a platform with potential for the dumbest reasons. Blame app quality on devs and don't act like the app store doesn't have crap apps too.
51. Sauce (Posts: 428; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Bro dude bro relax, it's cheating; we already know bro.
52. Sauce (Posts: 428; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
You are right. There is a lot of potential with android and applications. It sucks how I have to wait extra long or not have an app at all. Maybe it will change in time.
As for crap apps though, every Application Store has a butt load of crapapps. They're just bloated with them. But keep in mind these are the apps that no one really sees or pays attention to. Especially on the App Store.
53. networkdood (Posts: 4748; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Actually, the Play store is great and does very well. More apps are being downloaded of it than the iPhone app store. In fact, a good third of the apple app store never sees any action.
19. rusticguy (Posts: 2699; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Developers can also bring down CEO's ... ask Uncle Balmer!
21. DukeX (Posts: 323; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Developers should program a new face for balmer. One that's incapable of force closing and rebooting so often.
44. Edmund (Posts: 599; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
That's interesting, because my Linux machine freezes way more often than my Windows 8 PC. Likewise, since moving to Windows Phone 8 I've forgoten what "forced closes" and "random reboots" are.
26. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Quite the difference between Blackberry and Blackberry 10. Even Bada is higher than BB10, ouch.
40. glentomas123 (Posts: 66; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
Confused?? Devs prefer Apple but the prefer Android??? I don't think this word "prefer" means what it think it means.
41. Edmund (Posts: 599; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Which developer in their right mind would prefer to code in Java over C# ???
43. DukeX (Posts: 323; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
All you do is troll android. Get over yourself. Seriously you're a joke of an ifan. For months I've seen you're messy comments back to back. Im utterly shocked as to why no one says anything to you about it.
46. Edmund (Posts: 599; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
LMFAO... If alI I do is "troll android articles" why is this the first time I've come across "DukeX" and his so called infinite wisdom? I think you're the one that needs to get over themselves sunshine.
47. DukeX (Posts: 323; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Lol bro im new here but im not new to the bs that goes on around here. I've been watching the activity on this site for over a year. I know who everyone is and what they stand for.
48. jbash (Posts: 339; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)
Not picking sides, but who am I and what do I stand for?
49. DukeX (Posts: 323; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
How long have you been here? I only know of the major posters like TROLL,Darkjedi,Papinic etc you know the norms
54. networkdood (Posts: 4748; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
If by being the best, you mean the devices with the least amount of customization available, the most boring OS available, and the products that are the most overpriced, then, yes, Apple products are the best.
As for issues, check out any Apple site, and you will see issues galore...lag, battery drain, device freezes, etc. The new iOS update, in beta, has proven harmful to older devices...iPhone 4 and 4S.