Deutsche Telekom's Samsung Galaxy S III jumps to Android 4.3, does not pass Go, or collect $200
0. phoneArena 07 Aug 2013, 23:46 posted on
The international version of the Samsung Galaxy S III will be skipping Android 4.2.2 and proceeding straight to Android 4.3; this has been rumored for some time, but was confirmed on Wednesday by Deutsche Telekom. The confirmation came in an exchange of messages on the official Telekom forum. The model number of the phone involved is GT-i9300...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SamsungNewbie (Posts: 30; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I hope Verizon doesn't take a year to get this to my gs3, may have to eventually look into rooting it.
2. dilippanchiwala (Posts: 8; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Great News.!! But when for India S3 custmers get this update ??
4. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
good for you samsung guys! if this is true then this would be pretty sweet.
5. jonartpop (Posts: 168; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
Please be quick. I got about 90MB update for my GS3 International version 2 weeks ago that makes my gs3 heat for no reason even if I turn on the airplane mode and the battery drains quickly. Please Samsung fix this soon!
6. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 959; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Great news :) as usual, top notch support by Samsung.
8. MrKoles (Posts: 367; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Yeah, always-fast updates. I hope it arrives in a few days for Galaxy S4.
7. roscuthiii (Posts: 2027; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
"...does not pass Go, or collect $200"
Why the metaphorically negative connotation? That's an expression normally used in conjunction with a caveat, so... what's the caveat? What's bad about the S II updating to 4.3???
9. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 223; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
btw the Galaxy Nexus(Nexus 3) got Android 4.3 update OTA as well.