Despite iPad mini, Apple's tablet share dips in Q4, Amazon on the rise
0. phoneArena 31 Jan 2013, 00:43 posted on
Some may still say that the iPad "dominates" the tablet market, but we can't agree with that statement anymore. Apple has lost quite a bit of its tablet market share over the past couple of quarters, and Android (both Google Android and non-Google Android (NGA)) are making moves. IDC released new numbers for Q4 2012, and despite the iPad mini, Apple lost more ground, and Amazon picked up the slack...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 658; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
This chart just shows me what a Nexus device does for a company. Asus' growth is insane.
2. noim1 (Posts: 252; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Yes look at LG now..... Last year they were nothing.. After taking on a Nexus device..they r standing tall now...
3. jroc74 (Posts: 3455; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Like many have said....all the Mini did was cannablize ther market share from the bigger one. It got spread out between the 2....and it dipped.
Will the same thing happen if Apple puts out a cheaper new model or different models...? Apple gotta be thinkng hard now about what they wanna do with the iPhone.
4. joey_sfb (Posts: 1477; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I am happy that both Samsung and Asus tablet is doing well.
5. Bhargava (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
ASUS's growth is insane, but their total tablet shipments are 3.1 million, which is less than half of Apple's year on year growth! Samsung only barely managed to ship as many tablets as Apple grew its numbers by (about 7.8 million). Merely an observation; percentages don't always give the required picture.
6. tedkord (Posts: 3409; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
They give enough of the picture to see that just as happened with smartphones, iOS has been overtaken. It was inevitable.
7. protozeloz (Posts: 5188; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Like I said, this is the reason the iPad mini exist in the first place... But its just delaying the inevitable
8. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
Amazons kindle is the only tablet that really matters outside of the iPads. The N7 matters somewhat, the mass consumer market still prefers iPads, and kindles.
9. thunderbolt (Posts: 76; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
so even the rich and wealthy also decided to start saving money by looking for other tabs despite mini ?