Despite earlier report, there is no Ice Cream Sandwich for Motorola DROID RAZR on Tuesday
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Jun 2012, 20:08
Earlier this month, there was speculation that the Motorola DROID RAZR would finally receive the Android 4.0 update that its users have been waiting seemingly forever to download, on June 12th; it looks like that rumor is about to go up in flames...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. imkyle posted on 12 Jun 2012, 20:10 4 0
Samsung is starting to do their US ICS updates.... Better get going Moto!
3. BattleBrat posted on 12 Jun 2012, 20:27 3 3
Hmmm, my RAZR is so stable on 2.3.6, I'll wait patiently for ICS...
10. KingKurogiii posted on 12 Jun 2012, 21:47 3 4
so is the leak. could've been running it for over a month now. *waves the apple of temptation* ;)
4. mas11 posted on 12 Jun 2012, 20:32 1 0
Moto better hurry up. They have less than 3 weeks before Q2 is up. Hopefully my DROID 4 Will get the update the first week of Q3 since the DROID RAZR and DROID 4 are such similar devices.
7. KingKurogiii posted on 12 Jun 2012, 21:46 1 0
i think they'd just say Q2 if it were that soon. o:
14. mas11 posted on 12 Jun 2012, 23:34 1 0
Well maybe they just wanna get it out on the RAZR first since it is Moto's flagship device. Then the will put it on the DROID 4 a few weeks later.
6. D_Tech-tive posted on 12 Jun 2012, 21:42 2 1
I liked 2.3.5 better. Didn't have it long , but it didn't have no lag or bugs like 2.3.6
So ready for ICS, better yet Linaro! ; )
15. mas11 posted on 12 Jun 2012, 23:38 3 0
Idk why someone would give you a thumb's down for that. Some people need to learn to chill and just have fun.
17. KingKurogiii posted on 12 Jun 2012, 23:54 3 0
it's just people that don't like me for whatever reason or the other. there's no reason why they thumb down a particular post, they just thumbs down all of them. silly, silly people. xD
18. mas11 posted on 13 Jun 2012, 00:13 3 0
22. troutsy posted on 13 Jun 2012, 04:32 1 1
Every time there is a mention of RAZR's and ICS on Phonearena you feel compelled to comment that you've been running the latest ICS leak for months.
It's almost as bad as Peterlfromsweden fanboy commenting all Samsung Bada articles or TheMiz fanboy flaming all Android articles.
If you are physically capable, you should just pat yourself on the back and give it a rest.
25. KingKurogiii posted on 13 Jun 2012, 14:02 0 0
why is it such a big deal to you?
i create a presence like that here so that people that didn't necessarily see the last articles about the ICS update can know that there are perfectly stable leaks available to them. not everybody keeps track of where i post comments all the time like you seem to. ;P
28. mas11 posted on 13 Jun 2012, 20:59 0 0
Btw could you make a video showing off ICS on your RAZR. I think it would be pretty cool to see the new version of Motoblur in action. I was going to put it on my DROID 4, but the leak would take me off the official Verizon update path and I would risk being stuck on this leaked version.
29. KingKurogiii posted on 13 Jun 2012, 21:27 0 0
yeah, don't flash the leak for the 4. like the .84 build is for the Razr it's not Fastbootable so you'd be stuck with it for a while which isn't necessarily a bad thing, i'm stuck but i don't feel stuck because i'm loving the heck out of this build but you know what i mean.
sure i guess i could do that. is there anything in particular you want to see? o:
30. mas11 posted on 13 Jun 2012, 21:50 0 0
I mean not really just a walkthrough of the new UI with all the main apps like composing a message and stuff. I really wanna see ICS on Motorola in action.
31. KingKurogiii posted on 13 Jun 2012, 22:02 0 0
well i just tried using Screencast to record a video for you and it doesn't seem to be compatible with ICS or something. o:
32. mas11 posted on 13 Jun 2012, 23:09 0 0
damn that sucks, you could use another camera
33. KingKurogiii posted on 13 Jun 2012, 23:19 0 0
i couldn't do a proper video using one of the other phones i have at my disposal.
34. mas11 posted on 13 Jun 2012, 23:26 0 0
what do you mean?
35. KingKurogiii posted on 14 Jun 2012, 02:21 0 0
i mean i don't want to do a crappy video of me multitasking between holding the phone i'm using as my camera and my phone. xD
36. mas11 posted on 14 Jun 2012, 12:12 0 0
11. Heretic posted on 12 Jun 2012, 21:51 1 1
The above link says it's coming. It just doesn't give a date.
16. ayephoner posted on 12 Jun 2012, 23:52 0 0
motorola and verizon will wait until the HD launches (with ICS). they can use ics as a selling point for the more expensive device. then a month or so later they'll roll it out for their other devices.
19. KingKurogiii posted on 13 Jun 2012, 00:57 1 0
the HD is designed for ICS e.g. the on-screen function keys so it being ready for ICS is not an issue especially being that there's all these completely stable leaks of ICS floating around for the Razr. Verizon is probably what's keeping the ICS updates from hitting current devices.
21. mas11 posted on 13 Jun 2012, 01:30 2 0
I heard they had to delay it to update the servers handing out the update from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4
26. KingKurogiii posted on 13 Jun 2012, 14:05 0 0
with the way the leaks are changing i'd say you're right. they want 4.0.4 and Global Roaming baked in before they push it.
23. Watchmanz posted on 13 Jun 2012, 10:52 0 0
I am really sick and tired of these late OS updates for HTC, Motorola, Samsung, etc. My next phone, and all phones thereafter, will be Nexus devices only with raw Android.
24. Sparhawk posted on 13 Jun 2012, 12:09 0 0
Aww. You mean that Motorola's website (https://forums.motorola.com/pa
ges/00add97d6c) that says it's still in the development phase, i.e. not yet even tested, is accurate, and more accurate than some anonymous source? Gee, there's a shocker.
Still, I wanna see how it looks. And Q2 only has a couple weeks left.
27. KingKurogiii posted on 13 Jun 2012, 14:11 0 0
i wouldn't put so much weight on it just being in the development phase. the testing phase typically takes a week at most.