Depite stock fall, Apple is slowly regaining public confidence
0. phoneArena 21 Apr 2013, 14:23 posted on
A company called MarketPsychData tracks the emotional feelings toward a company from hundreds of online sources and by matching this up against a stock chart, traders use this data to make buy or sell decisions; what we're interested in here is the data that shows a public gaining confidence in a fallen Apple...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
An iwatch would not be innovative, the idea has been around for a long time and there are already smart watches confirmed to be in the works. There basically just waiting for flexible screens now.
23. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3999; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
The iWatch would be the most innovative concept ever.
24. javac (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
it was only a matter of time... and its already been made man.
41. darkkjedii (Posts: 12350; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well the car has already been made, but look at the innovation the continues to occur in the auto industry. It's all about what you do with the product, that defines innovation javac. Apple could take the smart watch to a whole new level... You do remember a product called the iPhone that came out in 2007 don't you, we'll touch screen smart phones had already been made palm trek 750, Htc touch running windows mobile, but apple innovated. Now look at the mobile industry particularly google/Samsung.
45. javac (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
I will agree the iPhone original was their greatest achievement but that's where it stops. They have been producing the same phone fir 6 years now. Androids issue was that they started out with a bad start. They had tons of issues and the iPhone did not. That's where the iPhone and android gets their reps from. Which both have become blurred over the years
49. darkkjedii (Posts: 12350; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Would you agree that android has made greater strides since its inception, than iOS has?
53. javac (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Well they didnt start off to hot but yes i would agree that android has made some pretty big steps in the right direction.
25. javac (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
but really though why dont you go look up all this s**t man? everything apple has made was already made by other companies
28. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Copycat of Sony watches™
They even stole the Keyboard designs™
They also stole Sonys Zseries laptop designs©
I wonder what's next®
36. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5493; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"I wonder what's next®"
Just look at already existing products and you will know what will be next from Apple.
42. darkkjedii (Posts: 12350; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Troll how have they copycatted Sony, other than the concept itself, when we haven't even seen the iWatch yet?
48. lyndon420 (Posts: 1782; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I think he's just referring to Sony's Smart watch.
51. darkkjedii (Posts: 12350; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I still have to see it first, apples being so secretive about it, we don't even know if it's real yet.
55. darkkjedii (Posts: 12350; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I think the most innovative concept ever was organ transplants. Something that actually saves lives. The iWatch will be cool, but most innovative concept ever...nahhh
62. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
It might be Apple's most innovative concept ever, not thee most innovative concept ever.
Depends on what they do with an iWatch... Motorola almost had a watch with MotoActv. If they woulda added some extra things .....who knows...
Like it was mentioned....its already been done. Dont know how much different Apple could do it. The orig iPhone was radically different than any other phone. It was a risk and it paid off for Apple. Dont see how they can do that for watches.
73. donfem (Posts: 554; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Couldn't have expected anything less from a clone
2. javac (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Yes because apple need not worry they only had 5 million iphone 5s returned. they need not worry about anything!! They are making a comeback!!! But in all honesty you can only stay at the top for so long. Apple is on its way out mark my words
5. Ninetysix (Posts: 1669; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Is there a deadline? They'll be dead in a year, 5 years, 10 years, or 50 years? What does your magic 8ball say.
10. javac (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
i give it 5-10 because people are blind to truth
22. jcarrigan (unregistered)
trends come and go, granted Apple has had this iPhone trend going since 2007 but eventually people will move on and none too soon. in the 80's people wanted to deck out there appliances and door handles in that cheap ass gold, now its brushed nickle(which is a perfect example of how long term trends are) I hope i see the iPhones demise in the next 2-3 years because i dont know what else they could possibly do to sale the same ugly ass phone over and over.
3. amats69 (Posts: 1124; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
admit it or not. apple is one of the best Mobile Manufacturer as of today.thats the reason why other mobile manufacturer (HTC, Samsung, LG, Blackberry, Nokia, Moto etc..) strive hard to compete with thier new, fresh and powerful products.and that is the reason why other manufacturers study the meaning of INNOVATION. for me apple really deserves to stay in the competition...
4. javac (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
lol dont speak about what you dont know about
6. Ninetysix (Posts: 1669; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You're the one spewing info out of your *ss. The 5 million returned unit is unconfirmed.
7. amats69 (Posts: 1124; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
anyone can share their opinion on this site..and who are you to stop me? fanboy?
9. javac (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
lol look at everything that is going on with apple. dont call me a fan boy when your blinding yourself to the reality that apple is struggling right now
12. amats69 (Posts: 1124; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
did i said something wrong on my comment number 3? im not blind on what is happening on apple right now..but sir simply used your mind please..have you ask yourself why Samsung , HTC and other manufacturer offers us the BEst android phone now?a powerful android phone? because they want to compete with apple.they want to be greater than apple.
14. javac (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
you do realise samsung has the largest market share out of all of those right? and android outsells the iphone? android controls around 70% of the world market while the iphone only controls about 20% With apple having as many issues as they have been having things are only going down hill for them. But people will continue to think it is a better product because they are blind.
19. amats69 (Posts: 1124; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i just want to ask you something..which part of my post number 3 is wrong thats makes you reacted like a fanboy?
33. javac (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
all of it is wrong and i provided facts to show this to you.
60. quakan (Posts: 1214; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Apple still is top dog in profit margins and that's much more important. You bring up that Android (Google) has 70% of the market share (for a software platform) and mention that Apple (a single company) has only 20%, but it would be much more fair to compare Apple to each individual company. Don't forget in 2012 Apple took home 60% of the profits, Samsung had 39%, HTC took roughly less than 1%, and Sony had a very small profit.
67. willard12 (Posts: 863; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
I think you missed or ignored his first sentence comparing apple to Samsung. If apple has such little market share and so much profit, doesn't that imply they are gouging their customers by selling an inexpensive item with Korean parts for a high price?
70. quakan (Posts: 1214; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Is it really gouging customers if they're willing to pay for a product they enjoy? No one forces people to buy Apple's products; it's strictly left up to the consumer.
71. willard12 (Posts: 863; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Considering that profit allows apple to use legal maneuvers to seek bans on the competition.....its not really up to the consumer. Apple's lawyers limit choice and suppress competition.
35. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5493; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"anyone can share their opinion on this site..."
True! Same as anyone can disagree with your opinion.
11. networkdood (Posts: 6303; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
iNNOVATION? Been a while since that word and the word APPLE could be used together, in the same sentence. Please do not refer Apple as innovative as they are a marketing company.
15. amats69 (Posts: 1124; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
oh wait... i read again my comment number 3...did i said something wrong? im not on the side of apple.i have both Apple and Android products..im not siding anyone here..i just said that they deserve to stay in the competition and im stating a Fact...a Fact that you all fanboys hard to accept....and please dont teach me on what id like to say or write here...
27. javac (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
show some facts not just your dumb ass opinion.
29. amats69 (Posts: 1124; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
LOL were done here dude..i think you just mis interpreted what i mean on comment number 3...and by the way no need to say the "d*mb*" word on your comment...it really dont made you smart. relax :D
32. amats69 (Posts: 1124; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
its my pleasure to be corrected..thank you..."saying the d*mb word really doesnt make you smart. LOL thats it!hahaha
44. darkkjedii (Posts: 12350; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
iPads macs iPhones iPods, those are products that are used throughout the world. Their not marketing tools
47. networkdood (Posts: 6303; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Overpriced products does not equate to innovative products.
13. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
admit it or not. Nokia is one of the best Mobile Manufacturer as of today.thats the reason why other mobile manufacturer (HTC, Samsung, LG, Blackberry, Apple, Moto etc..) strive hard to compete with thier new, fresh and powerful products.and that is the reason why other manufacturers study the meaning of INNOVATION. for me Nokia really deserves to stay in the competition...
See what I did there?
18. amats69 (Posts: 1124; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
lol its ok..im having fun with you too...fanboys!hahaha.God why in a sudden i look like an apple fanboy!im not for God Sake.hahahaha! i love my Android Phone! but i love my Apple Ipad too!
64. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Were the best of Nokia™
Lumia are scrap BS series!
68. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Don't forget the Lord Symbian!
74. jcarrigan (unregistered)
i wouldnt even call apple a manufacturer, they are a marketing firm that makes their money sueing everybody else because they have patents on everything but refuse to use those patents to actually make anything substantial with it. Steve Jobs was a genious but he was the bully of the technology world.
8. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
apple is dead few months ago and it won't come back
38. darkkjedii (Posts: 12350; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's your hope, but not the way big business works. When you make a profound statement like that, you should also back it up with some credible research. Apple has billions, and the partners, and the know how. They simply need to stop being comfy. Your posts as usual make little to no sense. -1
40. javac (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
ill agree with what you said man. If apple is going to die it is going to be avery long and painful death. They may be making some wrong moves now but they do have a long while to correct themselves before they cross the point of no return. We shall see over the course of the next 2-3 years if they are on their way out or if they are here to stay, but all in all nothing lasts forever.
43. darkkjedii (Posts: 12350; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well said bro. You're exactly rite, they have time to right their ship, but this year is very important in that task. +1
46. javac (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
I don't think people realize how big this year is to apple. If they screw up big this might be that point. But lets be realistic though. Apple is apple with over 150 billion in the bank. They just need to put a little effort into it and they will be selling at new records all over again.