Department of Justice approves Verizon's $3.9 billion purchase of new wireless spectrum
0. phoneArena 17 Aug 2012, 04:44 posted on
Verizon is almost there when it comes to its purchase of AWS wireless spectrum from cable companies, of which we told you back in July...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
I wonder if it is going to affect my service in the portland area in any way. I remember that part of the deal was to sell some spectrum inother areas. Including some that are in the surrent LTE are so it would make room for LTE in the AWS spectrum
2. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 940; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
LOL, what a joke....I bet 10 years down the road the lobbyist will get this changed. They just wanted to get a foot in the door.
3. rla2680 (Posts: 18; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
why would they need AWS spectrum if they use 700 mhz? Tmo needs AWS
4. master0fursinz (Posts: 104; Member since: 26 Apr 2010)
certain parts of the country do better with AWS, thats why VZW is getting in on it. Plus the partnerships will make it easier to offer more bundle services with cable companies. ie: Verizon Video, Free Wifi Hotspots and Quad Play Bundles.