Demand from Chinese phone and tablet manufacturers keeps touch panel producers busy
0. phoneArena 15 Apr 2014, 04:35 posted on
Thanks to their lower prices, touch panel producers in China are taking business away from their counterparts in Taiwan. Handset and tablet manufacturers in China such as Xiaomi, Huawei and Lenovo are placing orders from suppliers in both Taiwan and China, but are increasingly turning to the latter. For example, industry sources say that China based touch panel maker O-Films is experiencing a hefty increase in orders...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Dude2014 (Posts: 439; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
I wonder how they manage to produce very good mid ranged smartphone with just 85 $?
2. wolfsaviorzx (unregistered)
by paying workers peanuts.
3. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
by ordering in million quantity.. and what missing in Chinese phones are marketing, warranty, quality control, etc.
4. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
most of them with poor digitizer and horrible touch response
5. hurrycanger (Posts: 1561; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I can confirm this about the Alcatel One Touch Evolve and Alcatel One Touch Fierce (the only 2 Alcatel phones available through T-mobile). Touch response on them really is horrible!
7. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Actually, no, there are a ton of devices that never come to the states and, yet, are very well made and cheaper than what Americans pay for their own devices, here. And, they have great touch response...
6. GreekGeek (Posts: 1276; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Try comparing a Ramos , Cube or Pipo tablet with a Samsung or LG...its like night and day, the difference in touch sensitivity is very apparent
Chinese generic tablets will restrict you from typing fast
8. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Thats bcoz they use legendary slow MTK processors... if they use some better processor then may be typing input will be fast
9. GreekGeek (Posts: 1276; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
That statement was a bit ignorant
Mediateks are by no means slow...They are in fact on par with Tegra 3 (I'm talking about 0lder early 2013 Mediateks)
Now we have the Octas which performs similarly to an S4 Pro
It's the cheap panel construction that cripples the experience
10. hurrycanger (Posts: 1561; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
hmm, my BLU Life Play with MTK6589 1.2 Ghz does the job very well. I never experienced any problem in touch response.
The Alcatel One Touch Fierce has that same CPU, MTK6589 1.2 Ghz, but it is way worse in touch response. So yeah, GreekGeek is right, that statement of yours was a bit ignorant. It's the crappy touch panel that cripples the experience, not the processor.