Demand forces Motorola to pull back a bit on four-day Motorola Moto X delivery for Moto Maker orders
Motorola already has had to delay the option that it planned to give users of the Moto Maker, to add a digitally printed line to the back of the phone. Moto X buyers could have added their name, web address, or a brief message to the phone being personalized on the web site. Motorola now says that this option will be "added in the future".
Motorola also added that the standardized version of the phone in black and white, will be available from its other carrier partners "within days". Later this year, Verizon customers are expected to also have the option of using the Moto Maker to customize their Moto X.
source: Motorola via AndroidCentral
1. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6727; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Just went too their site i made a back yellow cover and a front black facing with orange accent my phone looks really good after it was done but no price tag for the unlocked version.
3. darkvadervip (Posts: 343; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
This is a woman's phone with low specs. $200 on contract when you can get a SG4 or HTC One for that.
4. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Almost everyone that does more than social networks calls and text will want the most powerful device they can get their hands on.
5. thephoneguy92 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
You guys are both idiots. Google is going for the experience over the spec-heads like you, because in reality, all that is is just a number on a piece of paper.
7. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Windows runs smoothly do they stop making better parts because it only takes a 60Gb SSD and i3 + 4gb of ram to run windows 100% smooth? No. You might not use it but plenty of people will eventually be replacing their desktops and laptops with android devices. Also games require power and there will always be a demand for better graphics. The specs war will never end, LG is already prepping 1440p phone screens that have almost 600ppi on a 5" screen. Intel and AMD are also entering the ring next year so your going to see even better processors and graphics.
25. sgodsell (Posts: 1433; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
You talk about better specs. Well I guess you didn't know that the new droid and moto x lineup uses the adreno 320, which happens to be the same quad core GPU in the latest flagships like the Galaxy S4 or the HTC one. I guess that's why it gets really high graphics scores. Not to mention the dual core 1.7ghz CPU is no slouch.
8. harsha_bonmec (Posts: 13; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
I agree that experience is what all Moto X is built around.
But they can't demand a higher price for lower specd phone like Apple does.
The price should have been around 450$ for unlocked version.
9. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
All they had to do was use a 1080p screen and a quad core cpu and nobody would of questioned its price.
12. Sniggly (Posts: 7182; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Why would they include either when excluding both results in better battery life and improved graphical performance?
17. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
so you have used it have you? or it just because its not apple you immediately bash it!
21. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Looks better than a feature phone like iphone.
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6727; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
so does some other phone that u have.
6. boosook (Posts: 1088; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
No, this is a real-world user's phone. The specs are for nerds, usability is what matters more to the rest of us. Get your gs4 but understand that not everyone buys a phone for the number of cores or megapixels, there are thing that are more important for 90% of users, like pocketability or user interface smoothness and that's where the moto x delivers and samsung does not. The moto x specs are more than enough, the megapixel run, the core number run, the screen size run are all over. Actually, I think that lots of people were waiting for a phone with the moto x size and usability, it's the real iphone competitor that many of us were waiting for.
10. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
iPhones not about specs? Then whats all the talk from apple about retina and crap.
11. Sniggly (Posts: 7182; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
No no, the bull about low specs isn't offensive enough. Sprinkle some casual sexism on top and you'll be properly offensive.
18. Sniggly (Posts: 7182; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Your response presupposes that I'm upset.
19. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4147; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
It wasn't meant to say that you were upset. I said you need to chill.
20. Sniggly (Posts: 7182; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I don't understand. You usually say chill to someone who is upset right now. Please clarify.
Also, you know the sexism in his comment was utter bull and should be denounced.
13. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
You have to keep in mind it's assembled in the US. So overhead cost is going to be quite a bit more costly. Imagine if the One or S4 were assembled here. You would be looking at 300 dollars on contract or more.
23. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6727; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
if u don't like MOTOROLA SPECS then stop complaining bout it then buy something else. Like Motorola says they don't need a quad core processor or a 1080P screen
14. chipotsky (Posts: 9; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
"Motorola would like to thank to Nokia for the colors scheme ideas."
22. Whateverman (Posts: 3231; Member since: 17 May 2009)
This isn't a Nokia "idea", companies have used different colors on their phones for many years now. In recent years, black or grey phones were most popular with OEMs, but this isn't really new.
26. 9thWonderful (Posts: 232; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
this will be my next phone. iPhone 5S won't be much diff. than the 5 (hoping for at least a 4.3" screen but probably won't happen this go around), already in the Samsung pool, HTC or LG...yea, no thanks...if i am going to go back to Moto i might as well try the Moto X instead of the Maxx, Ultra or Mini.