Dell's thumb-sized Android PC to ship in July
0. phoneArena 19 May 2013, 21:36 posted on
Code named Project Ophelia by Dell, the latter company displayed its thumb-sized Android PC during CES in January and will show it off again at the Citrix Synergy conference in Los Angeles on both a 19 inch and 55 inch screen; any screen or display can be turned into a PC, gaming machine or a TV set-top box..
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Captain_Doug (Posts: 730; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I'm assuming it will be controlled by a wireless remote/keyboard. If it is a "stock" version of Android and is updated well, should do well.
2. clevername (Posts: 1400; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
If its stick it should be compatible with Bluetooth accessories sounds good...but um...how does a USB device plug into hdmi? I'm assuming the author meant hdmi device the size of or similar to a USB drive.
3. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
How long till I can buy a 4k TV running Android for a reasonable price.
4. Dastrix (Posts: 505; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
This sounds really neat! Looking forward to see it in action soon!
5. steelicon (Posts: 304; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
6. steelicon (Posts: 304; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
OS Android 4.1
RK3066 Dual ARM® Cortex™-A9
Memory DDR3: 1GB
Nand Flash 8GB
Camera 2million pixel
Audio Type Integrated
Graphics adapter Integrated
GPU model quad core Mali-400MP
Video outputs HDMI
USB USB2.0 and Micro USB
Networking WiFi 802.11 b/g/ n
Memory card reader Micro SD
Size 101.8 x 39 x 12.5 mm
7. roscuthiii (Posts: 1658; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
"... and the company is working on a way to type when the Ophelia is plugged into a screen."
As noted above, there are certainly input methods available, but if this is supposed to ship in July, shouldn't things like user interfaces been worked on long ago???