Dell Latitude 10 Windows 8 tablet will target business, release date set for mid-November
0. phoneArena 15 Jun 2012, 09:38 posted on
The Dell Latitude 10 Windows 8 tablet will be a high-end machine targetting mostly business users and Dell is targetting mid-November for the official release…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. clayton (Posts: 17; Member since: 15 Jun 2012)
Good work Dell. I can't wait to get my hands on one.
2. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Windows 8 tablets will k*****s the s**t Ipads! Thumbs up if agree.
3. rn9215 (Posts: 46; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Its gonna cost a bomb with that 128gb SSD in it!...:(
4. clayton (Posts: 17; Member since: 15 Jun 2012)
The thing is aimed at business users. Windows RT version will be made available for consumser users which is likely to cost less.
5. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1031; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I might buy it, but laptops looks better for me right
6. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Why is it every time I think about Microsoft only Blue Screen of Death pops into mind.
9. Penny (Posts: 1647; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Because you spend too much time on "shady" websites.
7. jlscott777 (Posts: 45; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I do not think a 10 inch tablet would be really popular with the business crowd, I just cannot see myself or anyone picking that over a 13-15 inch ultrabook. What I think would really be great would be a 13-15 inch tablet/ultrabook/desktop dock transformer type system.
8. hiBreed (Posts: 90; Member since: 29 May 2012)
I agree, but i think dell should make a hit with this even though it dosen't kill d iPad. I could spend a thousand bucks on a tablet with windows
11. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you might be surprised. I find myself wanting a convertible 10 inch tablet on a regular basis. Tablet only when i want to browse, but when I need to type something for school or other reasons, a keyboard would come in really handy.
Why not bigger? As a tablet, it just gets too darn big.. And if thats what you are using it for more often than not, then the larger 13-15 inch size is a put-off.
My 2 cents on the idea anyways. :)
Asus needs to make an intel based W8 tablet very similar to their transformer series.. that would make me happy. :)
10. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
wait.. 32bit system? bugger off with that junk. There is no reason to offer anything but 64 bit in 2012. ESPECIALLY for a brand new OS. My grandma is on 64 bit.. time to get rid of this old 32 bit crap.
12. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1524; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
yeah for Dell I will look at their product to perhaps be my first tablet. i donot think windows tablets will be Ipad killers because it is well built tablet with a few hundred thousand APPs but I predict 2 years from now there will be 2 tablets on the market that will sell well !=the Apple Ipad 2= The Windows 8 intel CPU Tablet because it can thousands upon thousands of Programs that were written to run on intel or AMD x86
CPU's since the year 2000 to Windows 7 today. the Windows intel CPU tablets are not DEAD ON ARRIVAL BECAUSE THE APPS ARE ALREADY BEING USED IN PC'S AND LAPTOP'S IN USE TODAY