Delay in Android 4.2.2 update for Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsung GALAXY Note II?
0. phoneArena 11 Jun 2013, 20:04 posted on
A tweet sent out by SamMobile might have turned a pleasant day into a rather rough evening for many, especially if they own the Samsung Galaxy S III or the Samsung GALAXY Note II; you see, both of those devices are powered by Android 4.1.2 at the moment, and yeah there is nothing wrong with that build of Android...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sav1oR (Posts: 14; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
21. Galen20K (Posts: 498; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
what happened to the thumbs down, I'd totally use it on SaV1oR right now lol
23. alltechinside (Posts: 223; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Did you not see what apple devices are not supported for iOS 7 (or some features not included)? Fragmentation exists everywhere.....
42. tedkord (Posts: 3778; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
48. illiad (Posts: 100; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
fragmentation is just a stupid geek word...
Do you mean that they have different specs of handset, and many different versions of the OS, with different GUI addons???
then look at the standard windows PC!!! lots of different specs, from 10 year old PC still running win98, a server still running win2000, lots more running the basic version of XP, some with shell customizations, even many APPLE laptops running a partition with XP, then win7 and win8 with many customizations, oh and dont forget, the home, home premium & professional versions of the above!!!!
so WHY have you geeks not called all THAT fragmented???
quit with the stupid talk!!
2. mi55u (unregistered)
I don't think Sammy will update their device until gs4 sold 50millions of it...
3. Sav1oR (Posts: 14; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
Im so happy with my expensive and sexxxy iPhone 5. I get all my updates on time. Best apps in the world, NO LAG, best battery life, and most importantly, ITS NOT CHEAP PLASTIC!
6. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
you forgot to mention..
small 4inch screen with no sd card, non-removal battery, closed ecosystem, no customization, no nfc, metal body that is easily to scratch just to name a few...XD
15. PAPINYC (Posts: 1953; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
[YOU] forgot to mention: iPhone 5 is the only phone in the uniWorld that takes beautiful purple pictures. Not to mention, iPhone 5 is the only phone in the world with a newly, but importantly, placed headphone jack which allows connection of those reVolutionary new headphones. Lest we forget, an all-new connector so that you can either buy a new adapter at $39.99 to use all of your old obsolete accessories or you can simply opt to buy new accessories (anywhere from $80 to $1500, depending on what you have).
BTW, if You need to find Burger King on your iPhone 5, simply search on Apple Mapa by typing un "catedral".
30. flynfree (Posts: 372; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Everything are business (money)for Apple, you barely get free accessories for their handset. Good job Apple! :-(
41. sagemda (Posts: 17; Member since: 20 Dec 2012)
They still include free accesories :O? i must hurry and buy an idevice till they change their minds...
47. angelrosado (Posts: 4; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
That is so true. Haha. This made my day.
7. vandroid (Posts: 232; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
When I had the iPhone 5 it fell and had a small dent and it lagged and froze too much when I had the Samsung vibrant(gs1) I dropped it a bunch of times and there was no dents of any sort I'd take cheap plastic over aluminum any day
16. PAPINYC (Posts: 1953; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Were You dancing to Tom Jones when You dropped tour iPhone 5; you know, 'it's not unusual...'!
28. Ninetysix (Posts: 1010; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You sound upset broseph. Where you bullied by an Apple employee at some point? None of the things you mentioned is a big deal btw...nice try though :) iPhone5 will still sell and get timely updates. Apple will always be mentioned in any Android article because they set the bar.
29. iushnt (Posts: 376; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
And Samsung will be mentioned in every phone article because they even owe apple
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5823; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Best battery life goes to Droid Razr MAXX HD so you're a joke to me.
9. hung2900 (Posts: 683; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Best battery life? Haha no where near my Note2. Note 2 is not lag at all.
12. vandroid (Posts: 232; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
The screen on the note 2 is bigger than the i5 and I've put the i5 on the note 2 for a comparison
18. PAPINYC (Posts: 1953; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
"best battery life"??? ... everytime iSee an iPhone in public it's plugged (into a socket)!!!
"Best apps in the world"??? ..... at an average price of $9.99, they'd better be the best!!!! (even if it just further validates you to believe that)!
"NO LAG"??? .... yeah, usually when one is connected to iWiFi at one's local Starbucks (aka concrete pasture for people with baaa-aaaa-haaa-aaaad reception due to misplaced antennae) there usually is "NO LAG" !
27. Whateverman (Posts: 3150; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Note 2 battery beats the iPhone 5 any day.
35. bvalde09 (Posts: 171; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Best battery life? Lord you are blind. Same battery since the Iphone 4. If Im not mistaken it uses 1440 mAh while something like the Note 2 has 3100 mAh. Now that I call BEST BATTERY LIFE Gets the update on time yes it does, best apps (you could fin the same apps on Playstore) dont get me wrong its a good phone but its behind in so many ways. Iphone 5 isnt the best out there
37. reten (Posts: 43; Member since: 03 Apr 2013)
Is there any apps to backup SMS in your precious iPhone, since you said best apps in the world.
43. tedkord (Posts: 3778; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
You'll be really happy in September when you get some of the features Android had had for years. Not all, mind you, but some.
4. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Maybe they want to add some features that have in newest update for s4
I WANT APP TO SD!!!
5. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 594; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Funny, as some troll the other day was implying HTC sucked on updates and the reason was, just look at the One X it got 4.1 with a new Sense, and it also is getting 4.2 with Sense 5 and apparently is undergoing testing right now.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5823; Member since: 14 May 2012)
HTC is one of the worst OEMs when it comes to updating their phones. Why did it take months for them to update the One X and One S to 4.1 JB? You can count on a 4.2.2 update in Q4.
11. maccess (Posts: 451; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
can you tell the same about htc sensation?? because the gs2 even still got official 4.1.2 from samsung.. the sensation haven't got official jelly bean yet without rooting..
17. Jason2k13 (Posts: 469; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
ummm S3 got 4.1JB long time ago? the fact that HTC ONE hasn't gotten the 4.2 update yet, you'll probably have to wait till December for your 4.2 update on your One X.
32. SleepingOz (Posts: 2376; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Think twice before you comment about HTC "quick" updates, bro!
44. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 594; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Well, i was talking about my personal experience with my One X that is running 4.1 JB since October 2012 which was not too late and wasn't bug infested as some other phone which got 4.1 a month earlier.
13. JGuinan007 (Posts: 598; Member since: 19 May 2011)
The 4.2.2 update will come to U.S. Phones a month or two after international version gets it and a month after Key Lime pie is released Just like the US version updates of ICS and JB for the SG2 and OG Note
22. alltechinside (Posts: 223; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
No problem for me, rocking Android 4.2.2 on my Galaxy S3. Tried out CM10.1, AOKP, Liquidsmooth, ParanoidAndroid, etc.... Awesome stuff!!! Currently using Liquidsmooth :D
24. GeekNews (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Wish AT&T would get off their ARSES and update the S3 already. They have yet to push 4.1.2 out so I'm not expecting 4.2.2 anytime soon.
25. Quezdagreat (Posts: 378; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
it seem like Samsung phones are the only ones getting updates smh
26. VZWuser76 (Posts: 892; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
It's funny I heard about issues after the past udate for the Verizon S3, (bad battery life, intermittent data, etc) and I didn't get any of that. Usually I have some issues with an update, but none with that one. If anything my battery and data are better than before. They can take their time on this update, I like how my phone's running now.
31. flynfree (Posts: 372; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Usually wcdma/cdma smartphones lots of issue when updating/upgrading the next level of sw. GSM variant are better (world phone).
33. ravivarma639 (Posts: 16; Member since: 15 Apr 2013)
Yesterday I got an software update to my galaxy s4 international version with download file of nearly 350mb. There is nothing mentioned in phonearena about it.what is this update about I cant see any difference
36. reten (Posts: 43; Member since: 03 Apr 2013)
I know this is out of topic but please read this and spread to your friends.
I JUST LOST 2 YEARS SMS MESSAGES JUST BECAUSE I HAD TO RESTORE MY iPHONE. Wifi CONNECTIVITY ISSUE.
Buy Android or Nokia .
DON'T EVER BUY CRAPPPLE IPHONE If you want to backup Your precious SMS
39. jibraihimi (Posts: 527; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Hope this update comes soon, if they are delaying 4.2.2 this much, God knows when we will get 4.3 for Note 2..........
40. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 641; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Most 2013 Androids dont even have 4.2.2, so a slight delay of it for a 2012 phone is fine, the Xperia S only JUST got 4.1, lol!
49. dilippanchiwala (Posts: 8; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Yes Sir, you are right.
I dont know why samsung is not giving timely update for S3 & Note 2
46. Stuntman (Posts: 643; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I'm in no hurry. I'm very happy with 4.1.2 on my SGS3.
For those who really want 4.2.2, what features in 4.2.2 do you really need or want?
50. dilippanchiwala (Posts: 8; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Samsung i requist to please rollout android 4.2.2 for S3