Definition of Irony: Steve Jobs' Trust gets richer from sales of DROID branded phones
0. phoneArena 01 Nov 2012, 22:18 posted on
Thanks to the sell of Lucasfilm to Disney, shareholders of the Mickey Mouse company will profit from all of the deals that George Lucas has worked out; the largest stockholder of Disney is the Steve Jobs Trust which means that the beneficiaries of the trust could profit from each sale of a Motorola DROID phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Savage (Posts: 431; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Haha, Classic. Maybe this will prompt Apple to stop suing Android makers. Or likely not, as Apple cares about making more money for itself rather than some Ex-CEO's trust.
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
Apple and Steve job concern more on profit, they will be stakeholder of the Disney, get droid trademark, and then invest on lawsuit, to taunt consumer to get droid to show madness towards Apple, hence the money coming...
You should know Apple is a very evil company when it come to money :)
27. techytechtech (banned) (Posts: 33; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
homeboy is killing competition even while 6 feet deep getting decomposed.
now that you dont see everyday.
jobs I salute you for your money making strategies. what surprises me is why you didnt go in charity and stuff. cause man o man i think he could have killed poverty lol
3. MeoCao (unregistered)
If jobs were alive he would write a memoir: "How I wanted to bite the hand that feeds me" :).
5. Hemlocke (unregistered)
The miniscule amount he would make from that licensing, especially given the relatively poor sales of Droid-branded devices, is nothing compared to what he made off Pixar.
7. Sniggly (Posts: 6404; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Poor sales, eh? The monthly numbers from the Razr Maxx outselling the iPhone beg to differ.
11. jroc74 (Posts: 3630; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Exactly. The Droid 1, Droid Incredible, Droid X1, RAZR family has been among Verizon hottest sellers.
What is he talking about?
26. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 753; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
that a liscensing fee is a lot smaller than huge amount of money he made off Pixar and technically under the same umbrella of the Pixar deal.. As I'm writting I'm starting to realize how much that comment made no sense..
33. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5472; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
because the RAZR HD AND MAXX HAVE THE BEST BATTERY LIFE than any other phone which i say MOTOROLA needs to put their phones on every carrier
6. JcHnd (Posts: 81; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I guess that's why most new motorola phones are RAZR now, I haven't seen any new DROID phones recently
12. jroc74 (Posts: 3630; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
The RAZR's on Verizon are Droid phones. Since the Droid Incredible, Verizon has put Droid in front of names for some phones. Only the Motorola Droid phones with the hard keyboards have Droid as the whole name. Can probably count the Droid X as the whole name being Droid.
28. JcHnd (Posts: 81; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Well then I don't get this whole crap, thank you! :)
8. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
haha... irony at its best!!
maybe android fans of verizon wont buy a droid phones now, coz that awkward moment that you are feeding your enemy!
17. kanagadeepan (Posts: 565; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
No Dear... We are NOT as mad as apple for MONEY.. So we will continue to buy , what we like...
20. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Guys on this side of fence have what is known as "Brain & Heart". So don't expect such things to happen in wildest dreams. For that to happen it needs "Fanatacism" of Apple and their flock :)
9. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1437; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Motorola so far have been targeting its phone for male geek audience. Their branding and phone design show the market they are targeting and trust me don't be surprised to see Motorola losses. They need to make phone for everyone, not the same geeky branding and look all over.
14. aoikemono27 (Posts: 177; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Jesus christ, how many degrees of separation is that? You could give Fox News and their attempts to link Obama to Soviet communists a run for their money.
18. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Isn't this better and befits a civilsied world order rather than IPHONE Vs IFONE recently?
25. Aeires (unregistered)
Good, maybe now the term "Droid" will die. It's Android, not Droid.
30. downphoenix (Posts: 2134; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
So basically you are feeding apple now if you buy a verizon DROID phone? Hilarious!
34. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5472; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Then Verizon should change it's DROID name before APPLE cough up it's profits