December Android platform numbers have KitKat at 1.1%, Jelly Bean at 54.5%
2 December December Android platform numbers have KitKat at 1.1%, Jelly Bean at 54.5%
8 July Android 4.x FTW: Jelly Bean finally the king of the Android ecosystem
3 June Jelly Bean almost catches Gingerbread in newest Android platform numbers
1 May New Android platform numbers show a slight bump for Jelly Bean
5 March March Android platform numbers have Jelly Bean up and Gingerbread down
1. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3215; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
A slight improvement but numbers can still be higher.
4. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Of course they can still be higher. But don't forget, Kit Kat has barely been released 2 months. Just goes to show how well the Nexus 5 is selling.
11. JakeLee (limited) (Posts: 651; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
The sad fact is, it will take YEARS til the app devs start making any use of KitKat specific APIs, LONG AFTER Nexus 5 became trash.
Android is the prime example of banana products for customers, and pineapple products for devs.
That mightily sucks.
12. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Well then go blame the devs. It's not Android's fault that they're so lazy.
18. JakeLee (limited) (Posts: 651; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
It IS ANDROID'S and GOOGLE'S fault / laziness, doing nothing against the fragmentation.
25. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
What fragmentation. Like IOS 7 not getting all the features?
Fragmentation isn't caused by Android or Google, it's caused by OEMs. Android can't force developers to optimise their apps. If they did, you trolls would just complain how Google is a totalitarian company.
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7326; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Two way streets don't exist in his world apparently.
31. JakeLee (limited) (Posts: 651; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
An OS is more of an infrastructure than an application.
You will never understand that.
You certainly don't know what's an OS.
Otherwise, you wouldn't mention such a moronic example.
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7326; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Years? Really? What the hell are you smoking?
2. JakeLee (limited) (Posts: 651; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
OMG, it took TWO YEARS for an OS version (ICS) to be of any meaning for the devs.
3. Shatter (Posts: 1966; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Really because most devs have updated their apps to work on kitkat that had issues.
5. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Devs are lazy and some (like EA) are paid by Apple to slow down Android development. Don't believe me? Search up Fifa 13 and Plants vs. Zombies 2.
Not necessarily Android's fault.
BTW, if you're an Apple fan, why do you have the cyanogenmod logo?
16. JakeLee (limited) (Posts: 651; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Paid by Apple? LOL
What do you know about programming?
If a new app runs fine on devs' iDevices, it also works fine on customers' ones.
Android? Forget it. There are way too many factors to be considered, and TONS of compatibility tests have to be done.
It takes time and money.
You Androtakus always invent BS like this, always bashing Apple. That's ridiculous.
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7326; Member since: 14 May 2012)
"You Androtakus always invent BS like this, always bashing Apple. That's ridiculous"
Because you don't bash Android or WP in every single post you make? Please do us all a favor and shut the hell up already. All you do is hate on everything and praise Apple. You pretend to sound so damn smart but your intelligence says otherwise. PA was better without you, and that's me being nice.
30. JakeLee (limited) (Posts: 651; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
So you are inventing stories about me now :
1. I always told what's wrong about Android & co, sometimes with some technical in-depth information. If you don't agree with me and want to prove me wrong, do the same and rebut my arguments instead of attacking me.
2. When / where did I bash WP? Tell me.
Stop spreading lies.
38. o0Exia0o (Posts: 314; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
It is funny that you would make a comment like this because any time someone comes to the conversation and proves your comments wrong you are the one who goes on the offensive and call every one else "Brainwashed trolls" (your words not mine). So I will go so far as to say that the only one trolling in this string of comments is you sir.
40. JakeLee (limited) (Posts: 651; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Just point out where when and how.
41. o0Exia0o (Posts: 314; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
How about the other day when Michael posted his artical about how Google has him "Locked in" with google now. You like to try to start fights, call others names and run away after someone points out the flaws in your comments. Typical troll actions.
42. JakeLee (limited) (Posts: 651; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
There was actually someone thanking me for the link.
Besides, the article was about Google locking-in customers, and my link was about Google locking-in OEMs. That's what I call analogy worth mentioning.
What was the flaw in that?
When someone cannot even recognize this kind of obvious analogy, how am I supposed to remain pursuasive?
48. o0Exia0o (Posts: 314; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
AH yes! The bending of the truth. Yet another troll quality.
You referenced an opinion artical (that had nothing to do with the artical that you commented on) and tried to play it off as a factual artical that google controled ALL OF ANDROID with an iron fist. When brough up that ASOP has been and is still to this point open for anyone to download off of the internet and how google had no responsability to make it services available past whom they wanted to have it your response was (and I quote):
in response to #27
31. JakeLee (Posts: 199; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
So, Google is still the good guy?
It used to pretend to be one at least, but it's now showing its true face supported by so many brainwashed trolls.
Now thats what I call TROLLING. When presented with FACTUAL evidence that anyone (including your self) can verify, your response was to get mad and try to start to calling people names.
I am done feeding the trolls for today so dont bother with a response.
49. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7326; Member since: 14 May 2012)
He's pathetic. Tries to act smart but ends up looking like an idiot in the long run.
+1 to you sir.
44. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7326; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Perfect example #2.
1. Bulls--t. Complete bulls--t. If all you're doing is "discussing" the problems if Android, you need to get off the site. What about iOS? BB10? Symbian? WP?
2. Here, let me make it more obvious for you.
Jesus Christ dude, you're so stupid. You're looking more of a dumbass the more you post.
46. JakeLee (limited) (Posts: 651; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
If you were able to understand 10% from what I'm saying, I could tell you so much how Google has been backstabbing people from embedded Linux community who heavily contributed to AOSP at its early stage.
Did you know that AOSP is pretty much useless in other ways than Google sees it fit?
Did you know that Android isn't capable of playing video clips continuously for over ten hours which is essential for smart cameras?
If you download the AOSP for Nexus4 for example, there are around 50 HALs, non-open libraries in binary form.
What does this mean? You can do nothing other than Nexus4 with it.
Google doesn't want its early contributors to create something else with Android.
And that's betrayal.
PS : you are such a moron
47. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7326; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If you were able to understand 1% of what I said, you wouldn't have wrote that novel you just written and prove my point from comment #19 and 44.
Way to make yourself look like a dumbass again. ;)
53. JakeLee (limited) (Posts: 651; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
You can't answer a thing.
You didn't know a thing.
You don't know a thing.
You will never know a thing.
You are pathetic.
54. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7326; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Got nothing to say huh? Shut you up? Good.
Another quality of you - whenever things aren't in your favor, you try to change the subject. You're weak. Don't try to act smart and think you're above everyone else. Get off your high horse and sit your ass down. Do us all a favor and go back to the website you were at before PA. Thanks.
-Almost every member of PA
51. PBXtech (Posts: 966; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Agreed. When people make up words like Androtakus just to troll, they need to STFU already.
23. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
I told you, search up PvZ 2. An EA employee himself admitted that EA was paid a "truckload" of money for delaying the game. I ain't making anything up.
33. JakeLee (limited) (Posts: 651; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Anyone can claim anything.
Apple denied it, and the prosecution thinks it's no case since there wasn't a shady transaction to start with.
What's your problem? You wouldn't have purchased it legitimately anyway.
36. willard12 (Posts: 694; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Apple also denies e-book price fixing even though every publisher and Amazon says Apple is guilty. Maybe we should take Apple's word for it.
39. o0Exia0o (Posts: 314; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
EXACTLY! You took the words out of my mouth. +1 to you willard12.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7326; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Its official. You're a troll. Glad I never took you seriously.
9. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Love the android updates. Excited for Kitkat, but love Jellybean too.
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7326; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm perfectly fine with Jellybean. I am in no rush to update to KitKat.
26. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Same here. I'm not sure how much of a big change 4.4 will be for the Touchwiz skin, but Jellybean has been just fine for me as well. I just hope my note 2 gets the 4.3 update soon!
10. fistigons (Posts: 262; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
Looks like I'm a part of the 1%. Love my Nexus 5. It blows my crappy S3 out of the water.
21. imMature (Posts: 75; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
It blows almost every phone out of the water! Let alone a GS3.
24. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
True, but it blows the Note 3 away in terms of pure Android experience and updates.
29. Dowson (unregistered)
Note 3 is a plastic bag. Really dude spending 700 bucks for what? Latest snap dragon? The UI is so embarrassing that I can't believe u can appreciate that. Seriously... Gimmick pen? Sim lock?!?!? Knox?!? Open source in the most closed hw. Driver for the octacrap processor?
34. ihavenoname (Posts: 1248; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
You don't know much about tech do you. It is one of the best devices overall, propably miles better phone that you have.
45. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7326; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Lol are you a little mad that it's probably the best phone ever made? You should probably use one before making such a hate comment. Everything about this phone screams premium to me.
35. Jommick (Posts: 169; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
I am the 1.1% - also, after reading all the comments, I've been getting quite a few app updates to support kit kat specific features, which is pretty neat.
For example, Super Hexagon updated to support vanishing nav buttons almost a week after I got 4.4 for my moto. That seems pretty quick to me (replying to a comment from above, because it's been a long day and I just can't work up the motivation to feed trolls.)
43. YodhaMali (Posts: 38; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
Jelly Bean at a whopping 54.5%? And here I am still rocking Gingerbread 2.3.7 on my Xperia U.
55. Takeharu (Posts: 38; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Whatever you do, don't upgrade to 4.0! The Xperia U & Sola were screwed up by Sony, I rooted mine and downloaded CM10.1, it's worth it.
50. Ninetysix (Posts: 1351; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Ran 4.4 on my S4 for a good 30 minutes. Flashed back to 4.3 after I found out that exchange email is broken. Patiently waiting for 4.4.1.