Deal done! Apple welcomes Beats to the family
0. phoneArena 01 Aug 2014, 10:24 posted on
When Apple announced that it had agreed to purchase Beats Audio for $3 billion back in May, it was also said that the deal was expected to finalize during Q2. Today, it looks like the deal has been made official, despite hearing only from the European Commission as far as regulatory approval...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bucky (Posts: 1795; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Not happy with this purchase at all. Apple has always been pretty good with music quality and now I fear it will be all bass.......
9. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6973; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And with that purchase half of the jobs @ Beats people were giving A PINK slip very sad.
11. Ninetysix (Posts: 1837; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Please tell me you're not serious about this post. please please...
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9686; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Apple bought Beats because they're marketing geniuses like themselves.
16. T.Law (Posts: 382; Member since: 10 May 2014)
Right, they are both selling millions of their overhyped and overpriced pos.
17. ihavenoname (Posts: 1576; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
iPhone is currently bit old-fashioned, but Macs and iPads are far from being POS.
2. kg4icg (Posts: 70; Member since: 18 May 2008)
And don't forget the possible Bose lawsuit coming up.
3. bubbadoes (Posts: 477; Member since: 03 May 2012)
with earpods "Apple has always been pretty good with music quality" I don't think so. bucky
13. bucky (Posts: 1795; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Why? I find them well balanced for out of the box headset. I like the fact that they don't plug my ears as well. I have my totem mites and audio engine a5+ at home for extra quality.
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9686; Member since: 14 May 2012)
JVC XXPlodes are way better and they're definitely cheaper. Deeper bass, better low and mids, and less than $20.
5. darkvadervip (Posts: 358; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
First off I have Bose and Bears earphones and both are quality even though Bose in my opinion is still number 1 Beats quality is a sure number two and not just bass.
12. cezarepc (Posts: 646; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
I personally buy sony headphones, coz... I don't know, I've always bought just sony headphones.
8. CheckThisOut2k (Posts: 48; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
Android had Beats for like two/three years now.
20. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Lets wait and see what the outcome will be, after acquisition.
24. corporateJP (Posts: 2266; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
If you thought Beats was some overpriced, underperforming hot trash before, well, you just wait....
27. Slammer (Posts: 1368; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
As as musician, I have not found the impressive quality in the Beats line that people are bragging about. Is it good? Yes. But, the price point makes it an overhyped product. Sound reproduction is lacking. The concentration on bass boosting seems all too relevant to only one type of music. If you are into all forms of genre, these headsets are not for the music lovers. I pesonally, would recommend Sony headsets for a less expensive price.
I understand the branding seems to have a hold on a group category of users, but as with anything in product marketing, people really need to shop better. It's amazing what you can find cheaper yet, retain high quality.
28. mrblah (Posts: 554; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
Hey PA, update your outdated articles!
29. imkyle (Posts: 1039; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Over priced head phones. Adding bass does not mean good quality.