Deal alert: Samsung's PRO tablet series discounted with $50-$100
1. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1676; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I still can't justified myself to spend that kind of money for a tablet when I can just get a laptop XD I have a smartphone that basically does what a tablet does. Nevertheless, if I travel often I will definitely get a tablet in a heartbeat.
2. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Maybe if it ran windows 8.1, then maybe it would get my attention , but still is a good deal
3. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Well, I have a Galaxy Mega, so getting me to buy a tablet is not an easy thing, the deal is great, the tablets are awesome, but I'd look towards something more affordable ...
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1410; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
meanwhile , Lenovo Miix 8,Asus vivo note 8 and toshiba Encore 8 cost less than $300 while running 64bit chips and windows 8.1
5. hassoups (Posts: 405; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
Because windows has proven to be such a great os on tablets, especially 8 inch ones.
6. joey_sfb (Posts: 3703; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
With only 2Gb Ram its insufficient to run Windows 8.1. Atom CPU while getting better is still not quite there yet.
Is like buying a Netbook PC so do have the right expectation. I will evaluate it again when Intel launch the Cherry Trail 14nm node CPU. Hopefully they will have at least 4GB ram by then.
7. redmd (Posts: 960; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I've got the 8.4 LTE and it makes phablets a bit redundant.
8. ThePython (Posts: 483; Member since: 08 May 2013)
"Samsung's Tab PRO and Note PRO slates are the poster kids for the finest that the Android tablet industry cam muster, given their specs and screen resolution."
LOL. Nice joke you got there. Hardware is nothing without software, and when the PRO line's software stop being a beta pre-production junk, then yes, these tablets -might- make it to the big boys club.
9. McLTE (Posts: 719; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
How is the SW beta pre-production junk? That makes ZERO sense. It's the same ANDROID OS, with the same Samsung overlay..
Bought this for my Son for his birthday.. in short. BEST ANDROID TABLET EVER! (the 8.4 pro). It's amazing to use and we really enjoy how light it is.
10. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
No need to feed him sir.
His avatar tells the complete story.
He will never be satisfied. ! :)
11. Totse2k15 (Posts: 289; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Nice price! I'm gonna past. Gonna wait for the AMOLED 8".
12. Whateverman (Posts: 3233; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Wow, tough crowd today. Well, I'm taking advantage and getting the Tab Pro 12.2. Yep, it's big... but I like it.
13. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Samsung will have to cut the prices a lot more to move these. They were priced beyond what iPads cost and that is just crazy, even with the better specs. I would anticipate 2-3 rounds of price cuts, starting with this one.