Deal alert: Grab a Nokia Lumia 920 for $99 with no contract
0. phoneArena 11 Apr 2014, 16:43 posted on
Regional electronics retailer, Fry’s Electronics is offering up the Lumia 920 for just $99 while supplies...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
These great offers never make it outside of the US shores -_-
5. hurrycanger (Posts: 1536; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
There was no great offer to begin with, lol.
13. MR-H- (Posts: 116; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Still it won't sell,,,,,? Every other high end handsets customers are willing to pay150+$, but not on NWP,,,,,,?
20. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
re-read the BOTTOM DESCRIPTION "Discounts are available at your local Fry's Electronics location upon activation of a 2 year contract".
25. hurrycanger (Posts: 1536; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
That page is confusing as you pointed out. I assumed it was $99 WITH a 2 year contract too (read my other comments here, lol).
But I read around and saw a guy posting that he got a Lumia 920 in the morning at Fry's for $99 without any contract, so yeah, the price $99 is very likely true to be off contract.
At that bottom description, you see a *. That binds back the the * on top of the page, where it says Free with a 2 year contract. That probably doesn't apply to the price tag on the side.
28. sgodsell (Posts: 2591; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Well considering the 920 was released November 2012. It makes sense that they should sell off the 920 for $99 now. Besides the adreno 225 is slow even compared to the adreno 305 that is paired with a cheaper snapdragon 400 CPU nowadays.
32. muhsen (Posts: 278; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
this is a WP device not an android one. As long as ur WP device has 1 gb ram or higher, games would work flawlessly irrespective of the chipset it has. I have a 920 and a Galaxy Note 10.1(2012...still adreno 225 vs Mali-400) and Most of the games ( same games ofc....availability of the games is another matter) r smoother on the 920( even if just marginal).
21. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
nope it's a 2yr contract
4. hurrycanger (Posts: 1536; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
It's $99 WITH a 2-year contract.
Come on. It's not April Fools anymore.
7. papss (unregistered)
Going to the source it's clear that it's with NO contract
9. hurrycanger (Posts: 1536; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Go to Fry's website. That source doesn't even have a legit screenshot.
12. HASHTAG (Posts: 274; Member since: 31 Jan 2014)
I just clicked on the link you provided and it says it's 99 dollars OFF contract and free w/ a 2-year contract.
14. hurrycanger (Posts: 1536; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Thanks. I just made myself the most stupid person of the day. :3
And I even got too excited for that.
Gotta stop drinking all these sweet tea...
6. xxCearxx (Posts: 7; Member since: 11 Apr 2014)
Maxwell, do you have brain damaged????? LOOK AT THE TITLE!!!! IT SAYS NO CONTRACT!!!!!! o.O!???
"Remember, this is for an AT&T branded device, not an unlocked one. It will be appealing to those that want to bring their own device and get AT&T’s line discount on the carrier’s mobile share plans."
DUDE GET A DOCTOR!!! (really, think about it!)
8. hurrycanger (Posts: 1536; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Idk who Maxwell is, but you can go to to link and check for yourself. :3
To act like a smarta$s, you need to be smart.
10. hurrycanger (Posts: 1536; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Derp I started acting stupid here. OMG...
nvm this one. I shouldn't have called you like that.
But it's really a locked AT&T phone WITH a 2 year contract.
11. xxCearxx (Posts: 7; Member since: 11 Apr 2014)
If you read, the article is from anywho "Maxwell R.".... Look at it... them, look at the title.... the phone is not "no contract".... so... maybe I have been wrong my hole life, and "no" means positive, or, the information that I read (because yes, i did click and read the websites) is totally wrong... IDK....
15. hurrycanger (Posts: 1536; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Ah yeah, I just got too excited I didn't even bother to read who wrote it.
Well, as for all the stuff I posted a while ago, I got it all wrong. -__- It's $99 without a contract for real.
IDK. I'm gonna get off this article's comment section now after all my stupid comments I just made, lol.
16. papss (unregistered)
Awesome man!! I laughed more at your comments after the mistake
17. hurrycanger (Posts: 1536; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Haha. Get yourself some good laugh.
Anyway, I still feel a little bit mad that I cannot buy the phone at $99 wihout a contract. All Fry's stores around here don't have it (and by around here I mean up to 50 miles away). So... to me the deal pretty much doesn't even exist.
(I can't hold myself...)
18. Maxwell.R (Posts: 202; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
You are confusing "no contract" with "unlocked." This is not a SIM free phone.
19. dorianb (Posts: 559; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
$99 for a phone that's 18 months old. Yep. Great sale. :sarcasm:
26. sbw44 (Posts: 426; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
And in 10 months the specs of the S5 will also be old, but how much will that cheap plastic sell for???
27. sip1995 (Posts: 1418; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Yeah for a phone that it has support until 2016, unlike "SOME" other phones.
33. muhsen (Posts: 278; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
it has nothing to do with how old it is, its about how good it is.
Give me a 2014 flagship (not a Lumia) that has optical image stabilization, 3 mics (HAAC), wireless charging , a dedicated Dolby chip, a 600 nit display with Refresh rate 60 Hz, Sunlight readability enhancements and sensitive to glooves, an enhanced cam (refocus, Camera Pro UI and lots of other features) ,double tap to wake, access to every single app and game without hassle in its store and Nokia Glance (or an alternative tech) all in one combo ( and I haven't mentioned all the 920 tech stuff). What a 18 month phone indeed. Lumia Flagships r always the most packed in their eras and the ones that come after, whether u like WP or not, that's a different story.
35. sip1995 (Posts: 1418; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
I didn't know that my phone has 3 mics and refresh rate 60 Hz, thanks :)
23. kanagadeepan (Posts: 806; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Whats next? Selling it for one cent? Then M$ will say we sold huge number of Lumias...
30. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
its the truth, and he is not trolling...
true even if they sale it for free, it wont still sale...
31. muhsen (Posts: 278; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
FYI, it's still the most highend WP until now so get over it