Deal alert: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III price cut to $150
0. phoneArena 15 Jun 2012, 05:05 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S III is gearing up for its US launch, and if that’s the phone you’ve been saving for, good news is that you can get it for cheap early on…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If they do a $149 promo on VZW, I might be tempted....
4. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
VZW is not desparate for new subscribers but, Big Blue is probably so blue right now they need to be fitted with adult diapers.
Personally, I want the G-Note on VZW and would pay full retail; nevermind a promo price, web deal or subsidy.
5. cjennings (Posts: 9; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
i would agree with this comment ^^^^ if vzw had more subscribers than att but they dont...but this deal has nothing to do with ATT...when retailer, which target mobile aka radioshack kiosk and places like amazonwireless, drop price on phone they have to eat the cost on that...this would be different if it was actually att store or site that was dropping the price...
10. p0rkguy (Posts: 685; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
But... Verizon does have more subscribers than AT&T....
17. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Both red and blue want to keep adding - both are doing extremely well, too.
2. APPLE_R0YALLY (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 08 May 2012)
Must say the S3 is a really nice phone, ics, triumphing the 4s and even the
New iPhone perhaps .....like that™
3. Ivan6479 (Posts: 248; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It is indeed! Man if I knew they would release this so soon I wouldn't have gotten my GS2. Now I can't upgrade until 5/2013. :(
6. deadinside (Posts: 26; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Just went to per-order my phone and the price was 189.00 on both websites
7. joey18 (Posts: 587; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
I get mine 199 verizon 50 credict store so + 30 activate 179 total not bad verizon 2000 much better than att and i keep my unlimited data
8. kyan- (Posts: 62; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
you have got to be kidding. verizon better than att? ROFL. i have 55+mbps down in my area with att (unlimited data ofc), i would love to see verizon go anywhere near that
15. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1873; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
55+ mbps!!! Super jealous now!!! I'm only hitting 2 mbps down but AT&T doesn't have LTE at where I live yet. (hopefully coming soon) Used to have Verizon, but I just don't get signal at my house which made the service useless. Then I switch to AT&T, no compliant so far. Get same amount of bars everywhere I go also full bars at my house.
9. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
DON'T TRUST RETAILS. they screwed up my data plan and now i lost it
12. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1873; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Thinking about to get it without contract which costs $629.99 at the moment on Target's site. Doesn't seem a bad deal. Still thinking @3@
13. nb2six (Posts: 298; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
Target's Mobile website is run by Amazon. Thus the same pricing.
14. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1873; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. Now I'm on Amazon looking at that phone and drilling hahaha. I kind of want the international version now. Not sure which phone would perform better. 1.4 GHz Exynos 4412 with 1 GB of RAM or 1.5 GHz S4 with 2 GB of RAM. I would get rib of my One X just for the battery on SGS3 @@ Other specs are almost the same as One X and i wouldn't know the difference for normal usage.
16. jontalk (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
PAPINYC.. Big Blue didn't drop the price..it's still $199 with ATT. Amazon can drop the price since ATT pays them a commission and they lock you into a 6 mo agreement which if you cancel your service in the first 6 mos, you get slapped with another ETF fee, so they can be more aggressive with pricing.
Amazon service rocks though the $149.99 price is for existing customers with an available upgrade (like me :P). I've been holding out for this phone for a while and am SO ready to dump my iPhone 3G.. What a slug, LOL. I'm just a bit hesitant to pull the trigger on something so new since there may be some issues with the first batches being released, much like there are with many of the One X phones. And I have a suspicion we may see further price drops too..
18. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I purchased by DROID RAZR for a penny on Black Friday....best deal I have ever made.
19. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
I would actually be more concerned with the advanced model that will probably come out 2 months later.