Daytime Sony Xperia Z2 camera samples crawl up
0. phoneArena 18 Mar 2014, 03:24 posted on
With performance now a long-gone issue, it sure feels like it's all eyes on the camera these days. And with phones like the Sony Xperia Z2 manufacturers are really just scraping the surface of what's possible on an increasingly smaller scale. And you can really see that in these latest photo samples from the Xperia Z2, again shot in Tokyo, but during the day this time around...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
For me, that would be the Xperia Z1 Compact. Handy. Beastly.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Q1 hasn't ended and you claim it's the best phone of the year? Z3? G3? Note 4? iPhone 6?
12. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
Good to see that you start to leave out the S5.
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Can't believe I forgot the S5. 5AM post ftw.
15. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
i'm kind of impressed too, no S5 defending ;)
17. danny_a2005 (Posts: 128; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
Those pics look awesome, Im def getting this one.. Time to upgrade mi HTC One...
14. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1886; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Honestly, it's hard to judge which phone is the best phone of the year now. It's all depends on one person's opinion. Some people like one phone over another and it's just the nature of human. We like different things. In my eyes, I think Z2 is the best phone for me as what I have seen. I'll probably get it if it comes to AT&T, because I need an upgrade XD
3. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1023; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
These are day time photos, almost all high end phones quality during the day looks the same. They need to do some night/low light photos.
5. pwnarena (Posts: 1128; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i don't know how you can say that those photos don't have their EXIF data. i downloaded them and i got information about the ISO, f stop, shutter speed, resolution, etc from the photos.
6. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3534; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Can't wait to get it!! Just waiting for the release. :)
10. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3690; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Great pics but still li'l bit grainy.
11. FaisalWibowo11 (Posts: 160; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
The average file size of Z2's 20.7MP images are about 9-10MB which are higher than 6-8MB of Xperia Z1's. The average file size of Z2's oversampled 8MP shots are 3.5MB, up from 2MB from Z1. Good to see sony removing the overcompression isue :)
Compared to Xperia Z1, Xperia Z2's images has more details, less noise and artifacts. And impressively, that is in the 20.7MP mode.
I am definitely buying this phone.
13. PANIC (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
This is a Great comment about Sony removing the over compression issue....lets hope they do it.
DEFINITELY buying Z2
16. Genza (Posts: 513; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
To this day I don't see any other phone better than the Z2.
19. sergiobr (Posts: 660; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
I gave it up when I saw #1, horrible ! In good light almost any phone can do a good job. Sony still overprocessed images. Try to do a better job in Z3. Do you want to give Sony your $$$ ? Ok buy Z1 is cheaper and the same result in camera.
24. pwnarena (Posts: 1128; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
are you kidding? that's low light. look at the other samples. take your samsung or lg and shoot at ISO 50 at that scenario. let's see if it can reveal the same amount oif details.
25. sergiobr (Posts: 660; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
I think you shoud try another phone, or buy a decent camera. Crop 100% and you´ll understand what I´m talking about. Ugly images.
29. tejassrinivasan24 (Posts: 7; Member since: 02 Jan 2014)
ISO50, and called it Overprocessed?, I have a S4, and it's struggles to even compete with the images I just saw.
with ISO50, getting that amount of Light in the Picture with amazing detail makes The Z2 a wonderful Smartphone with an amazing camera
20. Astoni (Posts: 631; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Hoenstly it dosen't look that good.., colours might be accurate but the pictures is like an eye, it focuses on 2cm/0.78 inches on a special spot and the rest is blurry.. sony really needs to learn :p, they might make good cameras but they don't know much about optimization in the camera deparment...
Note: not all images are bad but it feels like z1 all over when it comes to the bigger margin.
22. majp89 (Posts: 151; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
Lol they're just as cloudy and oversaturated as my Z1's. I can't wait for the plethora of disappointed Sony fanboys when they realize their phone is just as mediocre as the Z1.
27. xche78x (Posts: 101; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
xperia Z2 = phone with the Best overall balance, great camera, powerful soc, screen size is bigger than old phones but not big like phablets. wider viewing angles for those that wants to share whats on their screen. design is worthy of a jewelry branding. not much bloatware or gimmicks, pure android computing in your pocket. the only drawback i cant think of is the $750 srp (unlocked) here in asia-pacific where the average monthly income cannot reach.
28. tejassrinivasan24 (Posts: 7; Member since: 02 Jan 2014)
Cant say Best phone Yet, But Z2 has set a standard now with an early launch, and in the Range of 5 Inch Smartphones, it's looks like it's gonna lead the Segment in all the possible ways.
Things Sony should do
> Launch with no delays, people don't want a April launch
> Release in most of the parts of the world, Sales allways affected sony, it shouldn't be the same with the Z2, since it has Killer moves