Data usage up on T-Mobile and AT&T, down on Sprint and Verizon
0. phoneArena 06 Nov 2012, 20:11 posted on
A joint study conducted by Fierce Wireless and NPD Connected Intelligence tracked data use by customers of the four major U.S. carriers and the information, presented in chart form, is quite interesting; half of the carriers have seen data usage increase while the other two carriers have seen a drop in data use...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
well in part because ATT and T-Mo have the best phone line up.. so far
2. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iDisagree, I just checked my Data usage on Verizon's website and I am up so far to 33GB's and I still have almost two weeks remaining on my current cycle. Besides, we have RAZR's, MAXX's, HD's, GSIII's, soon to have Note II's and we even have iCandy for the "other folks"".
4. ajac09 (Posts: 1480; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
just becasue yours is up doesnt mean others arent down.. you do realize its a TOTAL and not just you? Well a total of an average.
11. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
It's not [just me]??
Well, at least we know mine is 'up'.....
6. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
LOOOOOOOL Papinyc 33GB's?? sounds like me hahaha
12. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
LOL.... what's up with these newbies??
16. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
hahahaaha......i dont know man :)
17. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Maybe other people have some real life?
18. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
I know that man we're just playing dont be so mad
19. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
np :) I consume more data just that not on phone. No good plans here ~
7. .GsmArena. (banned) (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Same here to, but have unlimited data.
32. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I have Verizon - AT&T has been better for some time, but VZW has caught up with their new WIN 8 phones and phablets....I use 5GB a mnth, but I work a lot, too.
36. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Yeah, that guy is just bitter (like a scorned woman left at the altar)!!
3. eDiesel (Posts: 142; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
The gsm carriers offer better 3g speeds. (hspa+)
cdma speeds are junk. My throttled att is faster than sprint 3g.
5. ajac09 (Posts: 1480; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
reason I left sprint was due to s**tty 3g speeds. Went to Verizon at the time there phone selection SUCKED so now AT&T and glad I did 3g 4g great devices.
14. theo14461 (Posts: 273; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I agree, at least I can get AT&T's HSPA+ if I lose LTE, unlike Verizon, it drops to their slow 3G.
33. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Yep, I am glad VZW upg my network - 3G CDMA is kayrap....
8. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
It is such a waste for people not to use something that they have the LEGAL RIGHT to use, EVEN If you're on a 2G Network pipeline!!!!!!!!!!!!
13. michcarguy (Posts: 10; Member since: 26 Sep 2009)
No one has a legal right to a network except for the carrier who owns them. They can kick you off or limit to any network any time they want. (Of course, not charge you for tho)
26. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Yeah. GSM is a much better technology than CDMA.
I'm definitely using T-Mobile next. No doubt about it. They have close to the same coverage as Sprint and awesome HSPA+ coverage near my location.
AT&T is full of jerks, they cost WAY too much, and they have the highest rate of dropped calls, so... nope. lol
28. young0ne (Posts: 21; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I beg to differ with you on GSM is better than CDMA. I think GSM is good for data but that's it.
29. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I love my gs3 on tmo. fast phone+fast speeds. mmmmm
40. christony1120 (Posts: 65; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Probably ATT but definitely not T-mobile
9. MartyK (Posts: 734; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
The problem is Wi-Fi; heck, it's every where...lol
10. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Screw limited data, it's one thing to throttle it's another to make 2GB the norm.
15. GeekMovement (Posts: 2127; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Sprint network seems to depend on where I go. Most of the time it is incredibly slow which is why I get annoyed when friends with iPhones are like hey let's see which of our phones can find this location faster. Turns out they're with Verizon... yeah right.
20. Malique001 (Posts: 58; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I find it amusing that my sister and I used a total of 13GB last cycle n Verizon's data usage went down
22. Skabones (Posts: 3; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
I knew those Share Everything plans were bad news. Is Verizon only interested in collecting overage charges and keeping network traffic down? To what end?
41. christony1120 (Posts: 65; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
It feels good having unlimited data on Verizon